New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

On another thread we find a message from Inmotion that seems to confirm they are working on a new firmware to fix the overheat issue for heavier riders: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

On another thread we find a message from Inmotion that seems to confirm they are working on a new firmware to fix the overheat issue for heavier riders: [..]

While I would love for that to be true, I'd say we're still left in the dark. While the email @dw8928 sent asked about the overload issue, the reply itself just mentions a new firmware being worked on and tested that addresses issue for some. We know that there is a new firmware version pending, but one which fixes the speed limit and acceleration issues only. Again, I very much hope that they can address the overload issue with firmware, but I'd like to see some confirmation here on the forum in that case before I'll believe i (and ultimately I'd want the firmware to be tested by @maltocs for verification).

12 minutes ago, Nils said:

While I would love for that to be true, I'd say we're still left in the dark. While the email @dw8928 sent asked about the overload issue, the reply itself just mentions a new firmware being worked on and tested that addresses issue for some. We know that there is a new firmware version pending, but one which fixes the speed limit and acceleration issues only. Again, I very much hope that they can address the overload issue with firmware, but I'd like to see some confirmation here on the forum in that case before I'll believe i (and ultimately I'd want the firmware to be tested by @maltocs for verification).

All 200lbs of me and my hills are ready to test anything they give me if in fact they are working on something newer than v2.2.7

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, maltocs said:

All 200lbs of me and my hills are ready to test anything they give me if in fact they are working on something newer than v2.2.7

Cool, I reposted about Overload mountain we exprienced last week. I went up that dirt trail on the V8 and the V10 with no overload on either vehicle. @Rama Douglas took the V8 up that hill and he is 175lbs, so all is much better on cooler days. It is heat related, but not as measured by the app.

• Like 1

It's ridiculous how this topic about V10 changed into gut-bucket people crying that their wheels are overheating. Yes, they are, because you are fat. It's that simple. Stop eating carbs, get healthy, lose some weight and simply enjoy your V10, because it's an awesome wheel.

If I would read this topic before purchasing V10, it would probably discourage me from buying it. So for others that are still considering it - if you are a normal healthy person, you would love V10, don't let others to discourage you. I do weight 145 pounds and I can compare it to KS16S and Tesla and V10 is far superior. Most comfortable wheel I own out of these three.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Cool, I reposted about Overload mountain we exprienced last week. I went up that dirt trail on the V8 and the V10 with no overload on either vehicle. @Rama Douglas took the V8 up that hill and he is 175lbs, so all is much better on cooler days. It is heat related, but not as measured by the app.

WE NEED to know what is the source of the issue in the wheel is since the app is reading the CPU temperature which is not the temperature causing the issue. Just tell us so we know what to look for.

ALSO, if only some wheels have problems, they should check to see if the heat sink in the wheel well is clean or covered in debris, dust, dirt or mud preventing proper heat transfer to the air. You don't want anything on there to slow the heat transfer/dissipation from the MOSFETS. Is it safe to shove a water hose in there with pressure or will it go to places you really don't want to get wet?

12 hours ago, maltocs said:

Wow, we have so much in common. i have a 29 year old wife. She's been 29 for at least ten years now. 

this is old from the holidays obviously. didn’t take pictures yesterday. met her at a superbowl party in 2012 and took her to edc vegas that same year when she was 23. she’s the only one that can get me to leave the ranch. twice now this year. i’m beginning to feel like a socialite again. 

hard to believe she’s gonna be thirty in 3 days. she’s afraid i’m gonna drop her.

Bob would love to go out everyday and meet people.

4E3BACBF-0479-45B3-8863-997D81DC70C2.jpeg.ad7a2b8053236c35fc7612f99faebcec.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

this is old from the holidays obviously. didn’t take pictures yesterday. met her at a superbowl party in 2012 and took her to edc vegas that same year when she was 23. she’s the only one that can get me to leave the ranch. twice now this year. i’m beginning to feel like a socialite again. 

hard to believe she’s gonna be thirty in 3 days. she’s afraid i’m gonna drop her.

Bob would love to go out everyday and meet people.

4E3BACBF-0479-45B3-8863-997D81DC70C2.jpeg.ad7a2b8053236c35fc7612f99faebcec.jpeg

wow, check you out! are you sure superbowl party isn't code for playground and EDC isn't Electric Disney Carnival?

3 hours ago, maltocs said:

wow, check you out! are you sure superbowl party isn't code for playground and EDC isn't Electric Disney Carnival?

i told her i’d just lie about her age because she’ll probably age well. not as good as me but not bad.

me, her and friends on that trip 2012, sunburned at the wynn for skrillex.

42486455275_83f827c30f_b.jpg

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, King Llama said:

Why are we discussing this here? Let’s focus on talking about EUCs and being supportive of each other. 

I don’t care about novazeus’s personal life; I do know that he has some interesting perspectives on wheels and provides meaningful feedback. It seems unfair to question his statements relating to his personal life, especially when they’re unrelated to the topic at hand. 

Let’s be friendly and supportive to each other here ?

mezzanine likes to psychoanalyze people in his non-riding spare time. We just need to roll with :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, King Llama said:

Why are we discussing this here? Let’s focus on talking about EUCs and being supportive of each other. 

I don’t care about novazeus’s personal life; I do know that he has some interesting perspectives on wheels and provides meaningful feedback. It seems unfair to question his statements relating to his personal life, especially when they’re unrelated to the topic at hand. 

Let’s be friendly and supportive to each other here ?

It's hard not to comment on someone posting that kind of stuff if you have basic human compassion.  The dude is crying out for professional help.

well, if it u read it in context, this is euc related. she’s my first attempt at getting a gf on a wheel. i thnk she liked it. 

i have quite a few female friends that would probably take to euc’s very well. some of them were skateboarders. 

i think they could generate a lot of euc sales.

and since she dragged me off the ranch i got to feel what fresh new asphalt felt like. pretty squishy and smooth. 

145 pounds is a skinny micro-man! I suppose the problem is that a lot of people buying EUCs are from places where men average, what, 5'5" tall? 

Are they buying their prophylactics here: https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-15365S/Finger-Cots-Tapes/Nitrile-Finger-Cots-Powder-Free-Small?pricode=WB0912&gadtype=pla&id=S-15365S&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvqbaBRCOARIsAD9s1XCjRn_jiKxqG4xBAuAue2BulAzjVcgDRtmWTP_fx0BElXPunfPN6hAaAlFpEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 3.41.07 PM.png

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, dw8928 said:

145 pounds is a skinny micro-man! I suppose the problem is that a lot of people buying EUCs are from places where men average, what, 5'5" tall? 

Are they buying their prophylactics here: https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-15365S/Finger-Cots-Tapes/Nitrile-Finger-Cots-Powder-Free-Small?pricode=WB0912&gadtype=pla&id=S-15365S&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvqbaBRCOARIsAD9s1XCjRn_jiKxqG4xBAuAue2BulAzjVcgDRtmWTP_fx0BElXPunfPN6hAaAlFpEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 3.41.07 PM.png

That is such a stereotype of the Southern Chinese. No wonder they screwed up the V10 to get back at you... Ha!

Bur seriously, that is an old and damning stereotype from the railway days. In the North of  China they grow Seatlle fat and tall. Must have something to do with refrigeration keeping the cycles longer.  

4 minutes ago, Rok Tomažin said:

I’ve played with some DIY lights, now I can’t set default one which came out of the box. Does anybody know how to do this?

It’s ver buggy at the moment. Make sure you have the latest version of the app. I had the same problem and it got fixed on its own. Just try to restart everything and play with it more. I don’t know exactly what fixed it for me. The coming firmware update seems to have a fix for this. 

• Like 1

This morning my 10F stopped me with backward tilt - I checked the battery it said 17%. And this backward tilt Power is still there. I hoped, this would be solved with 2.2.7 - but isn't.

My proposal was: limiting the speed for say 15 km/h - better than walking and pushing the wheel.

My V5F stopps, when the battery is 0%. So what is the reason for stopping the riding at 10% (17%)?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

This morning my 10F stopped me with backward tilt - I checked the battery it said 17%. And this backward tilt Power is still there. I hoped, this would be solved with 2.2.7 - but isn't.

My proposal was: limiting the speed for say 15 km/h - better than walking and pushing the wheel.

My V5F stopps, when the battery is 0%. So what is the reason for stopping the riding at 10% (17%)?

The fix for this would be updating the app to show battery % differently. If you have ios device, try looking at the % with darknessBot app. It shows a lower value.