New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

The app keeps denying my login. I try reinstalling the last version and the old one from PlayStore, rebooting the phone and making a new account. None of that seems to work. I get the "server failure" message when I try to make a new account and "login failed" when I try my two different accounts. Also I try to do the password recovery but I didn't get any email.  Anybody else is having the same problem?

The app was working fine this morning

33 minutes ago, Demargon said:

The app keeps denying my login. I try reinstalling the last version and the old one from PlayStore, rebooting the phone and making a new account. None of that seems to work. I get the "server failure" message when I try to make a new account and "login failed" when I try my two different accounts. Also I try to do the password recovery but I didn't get any email.  Anybody else is having the same problem?

The app was working fine this morning

It seems likely that their login server is down. I would wait a while and try again later. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 12:03 PM, Anna Veverkova said:

Hello Phil, thanks for comment. Electromotrs usually do some noise (that is normal) but unfortunately I thing that this isnt typical and I'm afraid that I have some bad manufactory batch.

I was just playing with my wheel and noticed that I don’t have this high pitched sound when idle anymore. Probably it gets better with the new firmware or driving modes. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hi,

I just realized, that the tyre says max load 75 kg? Can anybody explain, why it is so low - I thought 120 kg is max rider weight?

V10-Tyre-max-Load-DSC03473.thumb.JPG.7d130b1cf004b0f626e0b3e395470bbf.JPG

I’ve only heard that it’s because these tires are originally made for kids’ bicycles. Not a problem for our use. All EUCs are similar in this regard.

7 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hi,

I just realized, that the tyre says max load 75 kg? Can anybody explain, why it is so low - I thought 120 kg is max rider weight?

The max load of 120 kg is a rating for the entire wheel and primarily addresses the capability of the motor to safely move a person. The max load value printed on the tire is of no concern for the EUC rider.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The max load of 120 kg is a rating for the entire wheel and primarily addresses the capability of the motor to safely move a person...

Once InMotion will have fixed the 'overload issue'... right now, the max load looks to be around 85Kg...   ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree with @maltocs regarding my experience with the V10. I really enjoy the ride and response on flatland and have learned to just ease off a lot more on hills, fortunately I don't live in a  hilly area. Optimistic that firmware issues will be resolved, and overall satisfied with the purchase.:)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Okay, I'm gonna put it out there, I don't hate the V10F. @Marty Backe's 4600 ft climb video and last night's live stream might give you the impression I'm frustrated and I hate this wheel. Quite honestly, I think that there are a lot of GREAT things about this wheel and on the most part ONE bad thing, the overloads for a rider 200 lb rider doing long fairly steep uphills runs.

[..]

Nice post @maltocs, thanks! The V10F have had its share of troubles lately it seems with the latest firmware, and then this issue with overload. But as evidenced in your post, there seems to be a lot to like about this wheel. I too appreciate their approach to security in general - I'd rather loose some of the extra capacity in exchange for not being able to push it too far and  going down in flames in some unfortunate traffic situation. For the overload issue it seems overly cautious though, considering other wheels with the same or lower specs manage it.  I've been considering my next wheel (from my current KS16B) the last couple of days, considering the  KS18L,  V10F  and Msuper X. I ended up placing the order for a V10F today in the end. A little bit on the risky side considering I'm riding close to 200 pounds with backpack and gear, and live on on the top of a somewhat hilly area. That made me hesitate, but I believe and hope that the inclines I'll be facing will be lower than the ones shown to be problematic. Secondly, like you, I'm an optimist and hope that this can be resolved via firmware (I also found a good deal on the V10F on aliexpress which helped push me over the border).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Okay, I'm gonna put it out there, I don't hate the V10F. @Marty Backe's 4600 ft climb video and last night's live stream might give you the impression I'm frustrated and I hate this wheel. Quite honestly, I think that there are a lot of GREAT things about this wheel and on the most part ONE bad thing, the overloads for a rider 200 lb rider doing long fairly steep uphills runs.

I live in a pretty hilly area near the TOP of a hill. The last thing I do at the end of a ride when my battery is often below 40% is climb this hill.  The total climb is about 1.5 mile with a 430 ft elevation climb of which 0.3 miles account for 203 feet of elevation.  The wheel OVERLOADS usually just one time at the top of the steep part on my regular leisure rides even with my weight. For now, this is a 30 second inconvenience. I do like to do trails, hilly trails. And I do like to test things. That's when it can get frustrating esp on a long uphill climb with multiple OVERLOADs. During the 4600ft climb, I was NOT enjoying the climb because all I was thinking about was what can i do differently to not get an overload-- nothing worked, so it was 30 seconds or more times 20. Speaking of which, not that I've experienced many other handles, but I'm okay with the V10F handle when the unit is off (overloaded) and I have to push it up the hill using the handle. THAT I have a lot of experience in. 

But other than the steep long uphills, the wheel performs admirably. It handles DOWNhills like a champ. It seems to eat up the bumps and seems pretty maneuverable for a wheel this size. On smooth straightaways, I often don't realize how fast I'm going due to its smoothness. I feel like due to the over conservativeness of this wheel, it will OVERLOAD before it burns out. I'd rather have the overload inconvenience than the burn out inconvenience.  

I would think most people do not ride up long steep hills and of those many are not 200lbs. Most people would just enjoy the goodness of this wheel. 

Okay, now for legal disclaimer. I have not ridden any other over 800W wheels so I don't know how they are supposed to behave. I did buy this wheel because of its 2000W spec and its perceived ability to climb hills with my weight, so maybe I should be more upset. But I'm an optimist, optimistic that @Bobwheel can do his part to help the engineering team to release firmware to overcome an otherwise great wheel.  

Sorry if we portrayed your experience in an overly negative light. I think I did say that if you're not a heavy guy and don't climb hills a lot, it's a great wheel.

Let me ask you a hypothetical. If Inmotion does not resolve the overload issue (due to safety concerns and that 4600-ft climbs are outlier conditions) will you be content with the wheel that you have? There's no wrong answer. I'm truly curious.

I personally own wheels that are not ideal for all riding conditions. I only have a few wheels that can do it all wonderfully. Others are best used where they excel.

So would you consider the V10F as it currently exists to be a superb generalist wheel or would you want to add to your collection something that would handle it all with no complaints?

i never really considered my V10F as my pasture wheel after seeing it in person.

in the world of wheels i would compare it to a nice mercedes sedan that i also wouldn’t take in my pastures. nothing wrong with a mercedes but not the correct transportation for my pastures or exploring around north carolina on mountain trails, the touareg would be better. if the trails got worse, the jeep would reign. 

the drive from tampa to asheville nc, mercedes would be best.

i’m planning on the 18L and the Z10 to take care of the off road tasks.

i love my V10F and as far as i know it’s still on the original firmware and i’ve learn to take the approach with these wheels, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

(and with all my wheels, i hope they love me back and don’t try to kill me).

Edited by novazeus
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I know what you are going to say, MCM5. But this forum has brainwashed me into thinking that the Gotway MCM5 is more like a Range Rover, great car with great abilities, but in consumer reports, it has a bunch of black circles next to its name. 

@Marty BackeThat being said, I'm still considering getting an MCM5. I'm waiting on seeing how the Z10 performs. Maybe that's my FJ. 

I might have missed it, but the two other guys you scaled Mt Wilson with, I think they were also on Gotways? Were either of them my weight and I assume they had no problems getting up there?

Edited by maltocs
  • Like 1

As someone whose only got experience with one wheel (f260), I'm not really making much sense of the analogies here. I get the v10 may be a good 10-15 lbs heavier than some others, and how it may be harder to carve around tight spaces with it as a result (I don't really know for sure, just assuming). But not really following how the v10 isn't very good as a versatilist?

The v10 sounds like a tesla with its smoothness and torque, albeit not from a start. Also less nimble than the tesla due to the v10 being top heavy and slightly wider tire (similar weight, so can't be that). Though the v10 agility deficiency maybe could be chalked up to a learning curve people need to ride through to get equal or better nimbleness than on, say, a Tesla.  I recently watched a youtube video of a slalom match between the tesla and v10, and the v10 was ahead overall.

I've also read the v10 is very well built, sturdy etc, not prone to break apart like maybe a tesla might on harder impacts. It's also got a 2.5" wide tire, which the tesla doesn't IIRC (2.1").  So why is the v10 not a 'good' off-road EUC? Does the way it handles bumps and other off-road situations make it a subjectively worse experience than off-roading on say a Tesla, KS16S, or even v8? And why exactly?

I've read someone on here say an 18" will be their off-roader (a Z10 or KS18L), but an MCM5 at 14" could be better than the v10 for off-roading as well?? Someone please untangle this for me, lol.  I'm very close to getting a v10f myself... (140lbs and pretty flat terrain here so hoping I won't trigger overloads)

Edited by Glitched
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, maltocs said:

@Marty BackeThat being said, I'm still considering getting an MCM5. I'm waiting on seeing how the Z10 performs. Maybe that's my FJ. 

I might have missed it, but the two other guys you scaled Mt Wilson with, I think they were also on Gotways? Were either of them my weight and I assume they had no problems getting up there?

On that ride, all three of us were riding Gotway ACM's :thumbup:

I would say Jeff has a few extra pounds on you and the ACM performed flawlessly.

You predicted that I would say the MCM5, but the ACM2 is the best performance wheel out there that can do it all.

• Upvote 2

We don’t know if the overload problem will be fixed or not. But this should be seen in the larger context, like you @maltocs said well. I totally agree with you. For a lighter built rider the V10F is absolutely fantastic wheel now that the new firmware seems to be finished. Really good combination of agility, off-road capability and smoothness. The power is there, speed is enough, safety is at the top, riding feel done right and build quality is very nice. And on top of these we have people representing the company writing here and listening to us power users. And don’t forget those lovely big and high pedals, the best app and quick ride settings. 

Even for a heavier rider the wheel is very good. I think these overload situations are quite rare for the vast majority of users. But I hope they get it even better. Hard to see any reason this 2000w motor couldn’t do what others can. 

Here’s a short clip from today’s ride with app overlay. Again riding the way I like the most; off-road and climbing new hills. Hard to see any other wheel being better for me (73 kg) for this kind of riding. 18” wheels could go even better OVER stuff and 14” could move even better AROUND stuff. This tire is a good combination for both. Smooth and agile. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Glitched said:

As someone whose only got experience with one wheel (f260), I'm not really making much sense of the analogies here. I get the v10 may be a good 10-15 lbs heavier than some others, and how it may be harder to carve around tight spaces with it as a result (I don't really know for sure, just assuming). But not really following how the v10 isn't very good as a versatilist?

The v10 sounds like a tesla with its smoothness and torque, albeit not from a start. Also less nimble than the tesla due to the v10 being top heavy and slightly wider tire (similar weight, so can't be that). Though the v10 agility deficiency maybe could be chalked up to a learning curve people need to ride through to get equal or better nimbleness than on, say, a Tesla.  I recently watched a youtube video of a slalom match between the tesla and v10, and the v10 was ahead overall.

I've also read the v10 is very well built, sturdy etc, not prone to break apart like maybe a tesla might on harder impacts. It's also got a 2.5" wide tire, which the tesla doesn't IIRC (2.1").  So why is the v10 not a 'good' off-road EUC? Does the way it handles bumps and other off-road situations make it a subjectively worse experience than off-roading on say a Tesla, KS16S, or even v8? And why exactly?

I've read someone on here say an 18" will be their off-roader (a Z10 or KS18L), but an MCM5 at 14" could be better than the v10 for off-roading as well?? Someone please untangle this for me, lol.  I'm very close to getting a v10f myself... (140lbs and pretty flat terrain here so hoping I won't trigger overloads)

Well, I don’t really know where have you got the  impression that the V10F wouldn’t be a good versatile or off-road wheel. I think most people here think it is. Lately people have been talking about 200 lb riders experiencing overloads at very steep and long hills. Everything else seems positive. I think they mean that a heavy guy would need another wheel for those long and steep hills (unless Inmotion updates the firmware again). 

For your weight it there’s no problem with that. I think the 2.5” x 16” tire fits nicely for off-roading and general use. Personally I love it when going off-road. The 2.1” tires will never beat wider tires in off-road situations. But 2.5” is still not too wide to be hard to turn on asphalt. 

And yes, there’s a learning curve for it. It feels heavier than others due to the batteries being on top. But I got past that and don’t notice it anymore. And the torque from start is better now with the new firmware also. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Glitched said:

I think small tire means more nimble. While it is true about experience coming in to play, an experienced rider will be EVEN MORE nimber on a smaller tired wheel! But bigger tire smoother and faster. I think Marty said the MCM5 is the best climbing wheel he owns, i'm not sure if it's the best off roading. On the versus ride on the 4600 ft mountain, I had a lot less trouble coming DOWN the mountain because i had a wider and slightly bigger tire. I think ppl have measured the V10F as actually a 17" tire. The bigger tires will eat up the bumps better going esp going downhill and do better in the loose gravel. . If there are a lot of rocks you need to get around, i can see the smaller tire being better at getting around them. if there are small rocks or loose dirt, big tire, no question. But chances are, you will NOT be going >25mph, probably closer to 15mph or 20mph on unpaved surfaces. 

Personally, at your weight, i think the V10F would be perfect for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maltocs said:

I’m also thinking of buying an MCM5 and have similar thoughts about its quality. But nobody else makes a competing wheel for it. For me the V10F is the superb generalist wheel but I still would like to have a small and light (but powerfull) wheel as a second option. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You predicted that I would say the MCM5, but the ACM2 is the best performance wheel out there that can do it all.

You get a lot of messages and I'm sure you don't remember, one of my first communications with you was asking about the ACM2, the wheel I was most considering before had ever even seen a wheel in real life. I was looking for the ONE wheel that can do it all. Maybe it's true what they say about going with your gut. But in the end, I don't regret my decision to get the V10F. It's taught me a lot. As a newbie a few months ago, it was hard to understand the lingo on this forum and understand the nuances and personalities of different brands and wheels without experiencing it firsthand. BUT if I had to go back and do it all again....   I'd rather not say :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is why, when asked, I will usually say that if forced to keep only one wheel I would pick the ACM2. That's not to say all the other wheels aren't great, but they aren't the ideal generalist wheel, for me.

It definitely looks like the perfect wheel. I personally value some other qualities and don’t consider those higher speeds very important. But that battery size! If I grow out of the 1000 kwh range (so far has been enough) I might have to look to the Gotway side. Next year will be interesting again. I’m hoping Inmotion coming up with a bigger battery, the new KS16 with 2000w motor might be a killer wheel and maybe ACM3 with 2.5” tire and improved build quality. I’m also hoping other brands coming up with new smaller wheels in the 14” category. The MCM5 needs competitors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maltocs said:

I think small tire means more nimble. While it is true about experience coming in to play, an experienced rider will be EVEN MORE nimber on a smaller tired wheel! But bigger tire smoother and faster. I think Marty said the MCM5 is the best climbing wheel he owns, i'm not sure if it's the best off roading. On the versus ride on the 4600 ft mountain, I had a lot less trouble coming DOWN the mountain because i had a wider and slightly bigger tire. I think ppl have measured the V10F as actually a 17" tire. The bigger tires will eat up the bumps better going esp going downhill and do better in the loose gravel. . If there are a lot of rocks you need to get around, i can see the smaller tire being better at getting around them. if there are small rocks or loose dirt, big tire, no question. But chances are, you will NOT be going >25mph, probably closer to 15mph or 20mph on unpaved surfaces. 

Personally, at your weight, i think the V10F would be perfect for you.

Agreed.

Let me reiterate for others - there is no perfect wheel. Yes, the MCM5 is the best hill climbing wheel being made, and is extremely nimble. But it's kind of sucky for rocky and uneven ground because of the small tire. And you aren't going to go on 5-hour rides with it because of the small battery.

There is no perfect wheel.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2