New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

so the extra 840wh battery pack must weigh 4+ pounds.

i would say ur scales are weighing a little heavy because inmotion is claiming 45.4 pounds or 45 pounds 6.4 ounces and i weigh in at 46 pounds 2 ounces but i have the cover on and @Rehab1 patent pending wonderful silicone pedal protectors on too.

Maybe that is for the lighter non-F version?

36 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Maybe that is for the lighter non-F version?

nope, i think ur scales are off a little. i’m sure the cover and the silicone pedal protectors weigh 11.6 ounces.

i’m not weighing it again. 

i think i remember them saying they weighed the same. idk how, don’t care.

since all the other wheels check out right, i’m gonna assume this $150 dog scale is accurate.

pull that big nail out of ur tire and weigh urs again.

Edited by novazeus

So I was toolin around town, went to the High School drivers ed driving range to practice turns etc..After about an hour, decided to head home,.Came to a stoplight,  slowly road up waiting for the light to turn green. Was roughly even with the first car in line when the light turned green, decided to "give it the juice" and beat him off the line (which I did), but in about 20 yards got the "OVERLOAD, PLEASE STEP OFF" which I was then obliged to do, because I started getting the 45 degree tilt back. I quickly stopped in a driveway, remembered I did in fact have the APP on, ( I had checked it earlier in my ride), pulled the phone out to look at all the stats but the APP was froze on the first screen. It only showed the speedometer without any of the trip statistics. Tried turning it sideways for the other view but it wouldn't come up. Long story short - had to close the APP and reboot it to sync it with the wheel which then showed me starting a fresh trip. The only useful info I could get was that the temp of the control board was showing as 118F. The ambient temp at the time was low 80's, the pavement was smooth and level. I turned the wheel off for about 20 seconds and turned it back on and finished my ride home without any further problems. 

My only theory is - I'm 6'2" 200 lbs trying to race a car off the line, leaning harder than the wheel liked and it basically told me " I can't crank 3000 watts into my 2000 watt motor so GET YOUR FAT "BIBLE DONKEY" OFF MY BACK. Anybody else have any better theory's? Or should I contact the authorities (ewheels)? I'm not convinced it's a malfunction, (although I can't rule it out) I still think it might be performing according to it's programming.

Edited by Lueksparky
  • Like 3

the first time and only time i ever saw a wheel, and i have no idea what it was because i was 50 yards away, was this guy with a sailboat docked at the same marina as me. that was 2015. still haven’t ever seen a wheel other than the ones i’ve bought.

i thought, what a good idea for a sailboat cruiser. easy to stow and when u get to the marina, u have ground transportation.

the way i value the V10F, if that was me cruising on a boat, and i was limited on space and could only carry one wheel for ground transportation at port, it would have to be the V10F. for the headlight alone. i think it’s just a solid practical portable pev.

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

could u describe the sound, ie how loud it is?

It is a pretty loud scraping sound with some grinding thrown in. I thought at first some kind of rock got jammed in the wheel scraping the motor because it was so loud. The sound would come and go a little, and didn’t make any sound when I lifted the wheel but let it run. But when I put it back down and tried to ride it the loud scraping/grinding came back. I decided to walk it home with the trolley and the scraping was quieter but still there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TechShizzle said:

306 miles. 

thanks. i’ve only got 42 miles on mine and of course since some other first batch people are having bearing failure issues, i’m listening to mine extra close.

hopefully i’m wrong but i thought i heard a couple of suspicious noises, could be the early signs.

oh well, guess i’ll keep riding it until if and when it’s obvious. i don’t think it could endanger a rider. 

i’ll be curious how warranty is handled. please keep us posted.

Can someone from inmotion guys tell me if any of V10 (not F) versions had a problem with bearing? If I understand correctly motor is different, so it's not from the same vendor, or is it?

Mine V10 is making scraping noises but only when I'm on it. But I don't know since this is my first wheel ever, I didn't even seen EUC in a person, before ordering V10. And I'm only abble to ride in my kitchen :)

I assume I got mine from first batch since I preordered it in the beginning of may.

I'll try to record sound today.

Thank you.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lueksparky said:

So I was toolin around town, went to the High School drivers ed driving range to practice turns etc..After about an hour, decided to head home,.Came to a stoplight,  slowly road up waiting for the light to turn green. Was roughly even with the first car in line when the light turned green, decided to "give it the juice" and beat him off the line (which I did), but in about 20 yards got the "OVERLOAD, PLEASE STEP OFF" which I was then obliged to do, because I started getting the 45 degree tilt back. I quickly stopped in a driveway, remembered I did in fact have the APP on, ( I had checked it earlier in my ride), pulled the phone out to look at all the stats but the APP was froze on the first screen. It only showed the speedometer without any of the trip statistics. Tried turning it sideways for the other view but it wouldn't come up. Long story short - had to close the APP and reboot it to sync it with the wheel which then showed me starting a fresh trip. The only useful info I could get was that the temp of the control board was showing as 118F. The ambient temp at the time was low 80's, the pavement was smooth and level. I turned the wheel off for about 20 seconds and turned it back on and finished my ride home without any further problems. 

My only theory is - I'm 6'2" 200 lbs trying to race a car off the line, leaning harder than the wheel liked and it basically told me " I can't crank 3000 watts into my 2000 watt motor so GET YOUR FAT "BIBLE DONKEY" OFF MY BACK. Anybody else have any better theory's? Or should I contact the authorities (ewheels)? I'm not convinced it's a malfunction, (although I can't rule it out) I still think it might be performing according to it's programming.

I am in a bit similar situation and recently been spending time trying to wrap my head around if something has happen to my wheel, or if my also too fat arse is doing the same and asking too much from the wheel and simply cannot deliver? I am even above 200lbs atm, ok only by a few lbs but still so very similar.

To me it feels a bit like my wheels slowed down honestly and acceleration most def is not as hard anymore (within reason of course it's not half a RR1000), but I gain a bit weight and I do ride harder, perhaps plenty more aggressive even? To me is actually quite hard to tell I know myself and I have always been the one who push my equipment whatever it may be and the whole reason I even was put in a dirt bike club but a different story, I get used to a vehicle whatever it may be and push it immediately soon as getting used to it and behavior is so deep in me that I think not of it actively and hence hard to tell?

I'm on a Gotway so I don't get any slow down warnings, I get a couple of beeps (all else off in app) which I always heed fully aware, yet sometimes I had a cut out right off the bat leaning hard forward at quite a bit of angle and no beep just try to run and find the balance or eat dirt/asphalt/concrete, hard to separate what is is right after turning EUC on and accelerate away (before what some call not charging capacitors up), although a couple of times EUC was "warmed up" so to speak yet cut out so? I think you are in good hands if bought from Jason, a luxury I don't really have here in Sweden, well maybe I do but you get it.

I strongly suspect the over 10kg/22lbs I gained after my injury in combination with the sometimes even more aggressive starts is the reason but I do wish to measure both big electrolytic capacitors anyway on the ACM board, for some peace of mind.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

My V10F is exactly the same weight as my 18S with the trolley handle mod, 46.4lb

That is about in line with reviews with V10F at 20.6Kg / 44.1lb and KS18L at 21.8Kg / 48.06lb

2 hours ago, Rok Tomažin said:

Can someone from inmotion guys tell me if any of V10 (not F) versions had a problem with bearing? If I understand correctly motor is different, so it's not from the same vendor, or is it?

Mine V10 is making scraping noises but only when I'm on it. But I don't know since this is my first wheel ever, I didn't even seen EUC in a person, before ordering V10. And I'm only abble to ride in my kitchen :)

I assume I got mine from first batch since I preordered it in the beginning of may.

I'll try to record sound today.

Thank you.

Damned! another one... too bad! Bob at InMotion spoke about V10F motors, but I would imagine the 'bad' provider also providing 1800W motors... if different?

I am pretty confident that they will take care of you but spare parts might be an issue at this time and you may expect some delay...

15 hours ago, novazeus said:

ok, finally got off my butt and weighed my wheels. big surprise.

not a good dog scale for giant breeds, like Bob, but great wheel scale.

Nice silicone pedal covers! ?  You can probably deduct 5- 6 oz off the actual weight without the Trojan protection. :roflmao:

41044215520_db0bac7672_b.jpg

• Like 1

@Fastmike @Bobwheel

I would double check you don't have a little sliver of a rock or pebble on the side, I feel like the plastic form traps them sometimes. For me it's the second time I thought I may have had a bearing issue and turned out to be a small minascule pebble caught on the side. I would flip upside down and turn the wheel around see if anything comes out.. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/16/2018 at 10:59 AM, eddiemoy said:

I had 35psi yesterday, today zero.  Lol.  I don’t know what having low pressure has to do with a flat.  I’ve run low pressure on all my wheels.  

The lower the pressure the wider the contact patch. If you roll over a thorn/nail/etc it is more likely to force the point of said object up into the tire. A hard narrow batch will more often flick said object to the side or rear. On a bike or mc sometimes the object "flicked" by the front wheel lands in a point up position for the rear wheel. With an euc, however, there is no rear wheel. A softer tire is also more likely to be cut by pot-holes with sharp edges, than a harder one which will tend to bounce more. YMMV

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Nice silicone pedal covers! ?  You can probably deduct 5- 6 oz off the actual weight without the Trojan protection. :roflmao:

41044215520_db0bac7672_b.jpg

i love them. just put them on and fuggetaboutit.

9 hours ago, Electroman said:

.... EUC on and accelerate away (before what some call not charging capacitors up), ....

Well you can forget that crap; any capacitors are charged up as soon as the power hits the circuit, they are not going to charge any more in these circuits by letting the wheel sit any time. 

19 hours ago, Lueksparky said:

My only theory is - I'm 6'2" 200 lbs trying to race a car off the line, leaning harder than the wheel liked ... Anybody else have any better theory's? Or should I contact the authorities (ewheels)? I'm not convinced it's a malfunction, (although I can't rule it out) I still think it might be performing according to it's programming.

I'm the same height and weight as you and I've had this happen 10+ times now, usually at really inconvenient times like turning onto a semi-busy street where I want to get up to traffic speed as soon as possible. It's very annoying, and as long as the app continues keeping track, it doesn't even require you to come close to 2000W for this to happen. I hope a firmware update can make this less frequent.

I've actually had it happen so many times now—in situations where I don't want to dismount—that I can actually continue to ride with the 45 degree tiltback. (It is awkward, though.)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, soulson said:

I'm the same height and weight as you and I've had this happen 10+ times now, usually at really inconvenient times like turning onto a semi-busy street where I want to get up to traffic speed as soon as possible. It's very annoying, and as long as the app continues keeping track, it doesn't even require you to come close to 2000W for this to happen. I hope a firmware update can make this less frequent.

I've actually had it happen so many times now—in situations where I don't want to dismount—that I can actually continue to ride with the 45 degree tiltback. (It is awkward, though.)

This is something @Bobwheel should know about so he can consult his engineers... Only the squeaky wheel gets greased it seems...

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, that0n3guy said:

I get the 45 deg tiltback about every time I ride, when accelerating hard up a hill.

I haven't done that really steep hill again but I did two more moderate hills today and got this on both while trying to accellerate up the hill. I don't think it was due to temperature as it was at 56C at the time. The first time it happened I  was going maybe 15 MPH with 90% battery remaining the second time I had closer to 50%. 

On 6/16/2018 at 9:26 PM, Lueksparky said:

@Jason McNeil can you please help these guys out...  The cost of these new EUC's are substantial, I think they need some answers... Thanks.

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

That's a weird "safety" feature. :blink:  So if the wheel senses a current overload situation like a over-acceleration or high power hill climb it tilts back to 45° and stays like that until it is power cycle?   My Ninebot One E+ used to give me a beep while climbing a moderate hill at a steady speed if I gave to a slight lean when it was near its limit.

The only time it tilted back quickly and at a steep angle was if the battery was down around 20%.  At regular speeds would slowly tilt back to warn me that I was going too fast.  At over about 22 kph there was a medium tiltback, but slowing down a little turned it off.  I never had to power cycle it.  That would be a pain.  This sounds like it needs a firmware tweak.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That's a weird "safety feature. :blink:  So if the wheel senses a current overload situation like a over-acceleration or high power hill climb it tilts back to 45° and stays like that until it is power cycle?   My Ninebot One E+ used to give me a beep while climbing a moderate hill at a steady speed if I gave to a slight lean when it was near its limit.

The only time it tilted back quickly and at a steep angle was if the battery was down around 20%.  At regular speeds would slowly tilt back to warn me that I was going too fast.  At over about 22 kph there was a medium tiltback, but slowing down a little turned it off.  I never had to power cycle it.  That would be a pain.  This sounds like it needs a firmware tweak.

It's crazy, this could become a serious safety issue.  Considering for many of these guys, it's their first EUC with no experience from less powerful, smaller unit we started out with.  What if they need to move out of way of danger? :facepalm:

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

This is something @Bobwheel should know about so he can consult his engineers... Only the squeaky wheel gets greased it seems...

Hopefully this is somehow related to the acceleration / breaking / impossible still balance issue.

Looks like INMOTION has tried to smooth out any current spike. While this sounds like a safety feature, the last to implement this was Gotway, although in a bit harsher way (motor oscillation and cutout). 

It would be disappointing if they cannot fix this by firmware, as it would likely means electronics is under specified, and would make their 2000w motor claim a hard sell compared to gt16/Tesla/ks18L. Speed is so conservative compared to other 2000w engines one would expect not to get any limitation within manufacturer’s speed range.

• Like 2