New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

1 minute ago, Scott Henley said:

So....give us $200...and in about 30days we will let you know how much more you owe and at that point you can also see what you bought ? ?

Not quite- you'll have more information before launch date. This is for people who want to save their place in line and would also like to receive an extra 10% off retail price. You can wait until launch day if you prefer.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Not quite- you'll have more information before launch date. This is for people who want to save their place in line and would also like to receive an extra 10% off retail price. You can wait until launch day if you prefer.

I’m sorry , I’m probably coming off like an ass . I didn’t mean for it to come across that way. I get what you’re saying . It just would be nice to have a bit more information before reserving one . In the event that I don’t like the specs ...watt hour, Watts etc...is the $199 refundable ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

I’m sorry , I’m probably coming off like an ass . I didn’t mean for it to come across that way. I get what you’re saying . It just would be nice to have a bit more information before reserving one . In the event that I don’t like the specs ...watt hour, Watts etc...is the $199 refundable ?

It's understandable you'd want to know all the specs before a commitment, absolutely. We can refund the deposit if you decide against it - no problem. :cheers:

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Pre-Order is $199 deposit and we will be releasing more specs before launch day April 10. :cheers:

Is there an Australian dealer if not do you send to Australia I am interested......we need some love from down under also.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

I agree that the company is too tight for the information about V10, and I am little upset too. 

The reason we do this way is: We want to keep our engineer and manufacture teams away from distracts from dealers and customers.  You may doubt it when you see it, but here is why we think in this way:

1. We have gone through lots of experiences that we announced the product before we get full ready to for sales, and we thought everything should be okay, and we didn't give ourselves too much redundant time. But there always were unexpected problems came up, like some vendor failed to deliver, some parts not meeting the quality standard, some mould got broken and needed to refine, some new bug found in last minute, even the electricity got cut off for consecutive 2+ days in the industrial park...  Actually InMotion's engineer team maybe is already the most experienced team in this industry, but we still can not predict everything, and make things right the first time. The physical products is more tricky than developing an App, we can't fix the problem by just updating the backend firmware, it may take us more than 4 days by just replacing some plastic shells if the color is not accurate.   

2. We used to announce the new models in a very tight schedule, and then all the dealers and customers come to the company, pushing to deliver, and then they engineers and the quality managers are threatened by sales reps and all levels of managers of the company, and then they need to do some compromise because they have to take lots of pressure to ship out the products asap. The result normally was: The first several batch of products are not ideal, and then we need to accept lots of complaints and return and repair, and then the reputation of this new model was ruined, and customers got very mad, and then the hard work of all the team for the past whole year was wasted, and everyone felt frustrated. 

3. We have made lots of retrospects and decided to learn from the failures, and we made a rule inside the company that: If we don't have stock in the warehouse, we shouldn't announce anything officially. A perfect plan is not enough, only the physical product stock makes sense for us. We need to create an better environment for all the team to focus the quality to avoid the same failure to happen once and once again. 

4. We know there are lots of perceptions that most Chinese products and not well designed and manufactured, and Chinese products are named as knock off and low quality in general, and we feel very bad with that. We don't want to disgrace the country's reputation by our products, and we are trying to improve it from ourselves. It may not be the ideal way to balance customer demand for information and our internal progress, but unfortunately it's the best way we can come up for now. 

5. There is lots of things needed to be improved for InMotion, and we are far from good enough. Most of what you said in this forum make sense for us, but it may take us time to execute them all. 

Apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate for all your patience! 

Pride in country and pride in product are very good things.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

It's understandable you'd want to know all the specs before a commitment, absolutely. We can refund the deposit if you decide against it - no problem. :cheers:

Jeffrey,  Just to be clear, if I dislike the specs once they are finally posted I can obtain a full refund for my $199 deposit?

52 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

........Apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate for all your patience! 

A well executed statement Bob! Thanks for explaining the boardroom thought process. The delay on releasing the specs makes more sense to me now. Unfortunately the delay on releasing the actual purchase price does not. I will patiently wait. :)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

@Bobwheel good insights on the internal ongoings of InMotion/SoloWheel.

On the flip side though, not enough pressure means EUC companies become complacent and settle for releasing one minor performance upgrade model, sometimes taking over a year, while the competition, sometimes with half the budget, rolls out several compelling and different model wheels within the same time span.

There is a fine balance to all business mindsets IMHO.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

A well executed statement Bob! Thanks for explaining the boardroom thought process. The delay on releasing the specs makes more sense to me now. Unfortunately the delay on releasing the actual purchase price does not. I will patiently wait. :)

Appreciate a lot! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

@Bobwheel

Thanks for the history lesson. It helps explain why Inmotion wheels have such great reliability and safety reputation (and why I own one) . This is IMO where Inmotion has the expertise and reputation to take advantage of the unfilled niche in the EUC market. Redundancy and safety features. Any EUC company can make a faster wheel but many of us don't care to keep going faster but do care about staying upright and uninjured. Honestly 30kph is plenty fast enough for me. Leave 50kph to Gotway and their dodgy MOSFETS. Build a rock stable 30kph wheel with a shock absorbing tire, loads of power reserve for unexpected situations, redundant critical components that can slow you to gracefully stop in a hardware failure and with intelligent firmware that reads much more about environment and ride style when implementing safety features such as tilt back (so they don't become liabilities) and I'll  gladly stump up twice the asking price of a faster wheel. The EUC community is a relatively old one. No one needs to be breaking bones due to blown hardware or crap design. Inmotion care about rider safety. Leverage that angle and I think a lot of people will be interested. 

@WARPed1701D 

Thanks a lot!

I feel you pointed a great direction for InMotion for the following new models, and it's a very good brand image if we keep positioning ourselves to be safe. Frankly we were forced by the high specs in some sense, and we should feel more confident to develop decent specs with more safe consideration designs. 

BTW, I agree your suggestions for the design, and I will forward them to our engineer team. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Bobwheel Thanks for the further insight into InMotion thinking!

Just one more point though: faster speeds can also mean SAFER wheels.

I've ridden on EUCs (I've owned wheels from every major manufacturer, including InMotion) every day for the past 3 years to get around the streets of New York City. 

30km/h is not fast enough to safely accelerate out of the way of unexpected car traffic.

Max speed doesn't necessarily always mean just joyriding. For me, speed is primarily used as a safety feature to accelerate away from danger; I don't consistently travel the max speeds (unless they are too low like the current InMotion wheels).

In my experience, 35km/h is the bare minimum necessary for this burst acceleration. 45km/h is the most ideal, again, in my opinion based on my NYC riding.

I don't believe such demands are unreasonable, as there are competitors like King Song achieving this with relatively few safety issues.

I'm saying all of this because I loved owning my previous InMotion wheels in the V5F+ and V8, but their low top speeds were too dangerous to ride in NYC, so I had to sell when the competition met my demands.

But the VX is a step in the right direction.

If you can keep innovating (we really need an EUC with suspension to reduce axle impact) and release more InMotion EUC models with the same level of quality and safety, but in different utility of sizes (super compact portable like a Gotway MTen3, and super wide tire like the Gotway Monster or better, 4" wide Ninebot Z10), then I'll have much less reason to buy wheels from your competitors.

That makes lot of sense to me, and I will keep listening and learning from you all, and I have confident to bring InMotion onto the right track. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Vik's said:

No need for citizenship - just take some days out and fly over to US ;)

That's why you shouldn't live in 3rd world countries. I need at least a month to get visa there :furious: 

[ /offtopic ]

Edited by WaveCut
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, kasenutty said:

... does this mean that Solowheel is dead? 

5 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

But Shane gave us very hard time, and he changed his mind and strategy too fast, and it's hard for us to keep following his directions.  Fortunately we have full control of InMotion, and it won't be a concern for us to change anymore. 

Sounds as it's highly likely going to happen then...

The addition of Bluetooth speakers seems odd in a high end EUC.  Do people (other than immature, selfish teenagers) actually blast their music out of their EUCs and force that unwanted noise pollution on all the people they pass by?  What's wrong with Bluetooth earbuds? Airpods let you listen privately without blocking important outside sound.  Having a boombox built into an EUC seems really silly and yobbish to me and it will just add unnecessary weight for those who are more civilised.  When people walking at the park see someone fly past on an EUC blasting out loud music, they will only hate EUC riders more.

Edited by RooMiniPro
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

The addition of Bluetooth speakers seems odd in a high end EUC.  Do people (other than immature, selfish teenagers) actually blast their music out of their EUCs and force that unwanted noise pollution on all the people they pass by?  What's wrong with Bluetooth earbuds? Airpods let you listen privately without blocking important outside sound.  Having a boombox built into an EUC seems really silly and yobbish to me and it will just add unnecessary weight for those who are more civilised.  When people walking at the park see someone fly past on an EUC blasting out loud music, they will only hate EUC riders more.

My thoughts exactly! Don't care about integrated music and Inmotion had some extra points because of no "music speakers" in their previous wheels... Why they decided to include them in their EUC is a little weird...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1