New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

I'm training my 7 year old son on an NB1 C+, he is 45lbs.  I saw a video from france and there was a kid that was 4 years old on an EUC.  I don't think there is a limit on the weight an how light you can go.  

This kid...

Damn, that kid got skillz.

Training wheels are crap. They don't learn you anything except how to use pedals, but I guess that doesn't take long to figure out now does it? Balancing? Nope. Steering? Nope. Starting and stopping? Nope.

Same reason I find those add-on training wheels they sell for EUC's complete nonsense. Just get a wall (or someone to hold your hand) and mess around until you get it right.

11 hours ago, maltocs said:

I'll eventually get him an EUC, but he's only 45lbs and about the same number of inches tall. Is there a minimum height and weight for these things?

Well, the biggest issue (from my experience) is the size and weight of the EUC between their legs. They have to be able to mount it, and when stopping they should be able to put one foot on the ground and balance the euc with their other foot. This can be quite the challenge if they are short. I am using my generic 14" EUC for this. No way this would be possible on an Inmotion V8 or something along those lines. Way too tall.

Crap. I mailed him last week and he told me it would be this week.

Ow well ... I had to do Zandvoort on my Mten3, so doesn't matter anymore. For cruising around in the paddock that small wheel is good, but doing the return trip to the hotel, hmmm ... quite a challenge and not very relaxing (especially going 25km/h). Need a bigger wheel for this.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

How can you verify that for both the motor and the battery, you got a true V10F and not a V10 (without opening the wheel...)? Thanks

Well, you already just asked on the French forum :).

For the battery, quite easy, take a Charge Doctor. For the motor it is not clear whether they are different or not between the 2 models, so this is a harder call. But I guess you could look at the serial number on it and ask Inmotion.

Most importantly, I have not heard of such a case of forgery with Inmotion wheels, so why do you ask?

Edited by em1barns
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Master Blaster said:

When you connect the app it will clue you in as to which model it is

Well, he was talking about forgery, ie someone swaps the battery or the engine. The app will just show you the model as registered in the board, afaik.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, em1barns said:

Well, he was talking about forgery, ie someone swaps the battery or the engine. The app will just show you the model as registered in the board, afaik.

The app shows the motor wattage which is higher on the “F” and the range would be a huge tip off as well.

Edited by Master Blaster

37 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

The app shows the motor wattage which is higher on the “F” and the range would be a huge tip off as well.

This is likely to be hardcoded in the board. To my knowledge, there is no information sent by the motor to the board to identify itself. Hence my comment.

40 minutes ago, em1barns said:

This is likely to be hardcoded in the board. To my knowledge, there is no information sent by the motor to the board to identify itself. Hence my comment.

You’re really reaching, no wheel forger is going to have the expertise and time/effort to go that far......unrealistic 

10 hours ago, em1barns said:

Well, you already just asked on the French forum :).

For the battery, quite easy, take a Charge Doctor. For the motor it is not clear whether they are different or not between the 2 models, so this is a harder call. But I guess you could look at the serial number on it and ask Inmotion.

Most importantly, I have not heard of such a case of forgery with Inmotion wheels, so why do you ask?

That is something I always wondered about the V5 series, how do you know if it's V5, V5F, or V5F+?  But I think you answered the question.  A charge doctor shows total wh capacity of a battery pack?

7 hours ago, steve454 said:

That is something I always wondered about the V5 series, how do you know if it's V5, V5F, or V5F+?  But I think you answered the question.  A charge doctor shows total wh capacity of a battery pack?

It can show the number of wh sent to the battery while recharging. To see the total capacity, empty the battery and do a full charge with charge doctor, disable cutoff option.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

OK — I might get flamed for this but here goes............I am definitely “Nit Picking” here because in the big-picture scheme of things this issue does not really matter much, but I see it as an “attention to detail” issue with the factory wheel assembly.

Sipes/treads are formed into a tire for the primary purpose of water evacuation under the tire in attempt to improve contact between the tire and the riding surface when water is present. Also serves to reduce the effects and onset of hydroplaning. As such we really never reach a speed on an EUC where hydroplaning or loss of traction in rain or wet conditions is a problem.

From tests done on aircraft hydroplaning a formula was developed to calculate the minimum speed in knots at which a tire will hydroplane: “obtained during hydroplaning tests have shown the minimum dynamic hydroplaning speed (VP) of a tire to be 8.6 times the square root of the tire pressure in pounds”

so let’s use a tire pressure of around 45 lbs for an EUC......we get 6.7 X 8.6 = 57.62 knots or about 66 mph before we would have an issue on an EUC in the rain.

All this is getting to the tire “direction of rotation” indicator stamped into the sidewall of the tire so that it gets mounted so that the swipes are working most efficiently to evacuate the water under the tire.

My factory mounted Kenda tire is mounted backwards on my V10F — again I want to stress that it really is not an important detail, but it should ideally be mounted properly at the factory. On the V10 design it is a one-way Wheel due to the trolly handle storage, and the red brake light, so I think they should pay closer attention to mounting the tire in the proper direction.

2AB3B6CA-1FEB-4D4D-A2F1-7CD97642A5D3.jpeg

going too slow in EUC for tire rotation to matter.

• Like 1

Perhaps. But some people (like me and probably @Master Blaster) care about the details. Does it matter if a sticker is applied crooked, functionally? No. But the small details like that matter to me and are indicative of the company culture that produces sloppy workmanship.

• Like 3

That’s exactly what I said in the beginning of my post, but I agree with Marty that the assemblers at the factory should pay more attention to details such as this in an effort to promote a quality product image. Just sayin’ ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

If you cared about details you would stop buying Gotway.  LOL

Touché  :)

• Like 3

Just now, Master Blaster said:

That’s exactly what I said in the beginning of my post, but I agree with Marty that the assemblers at the factory should pay more attention to details such as this in an effort to promote a quality product image. Just sayin’ ?

On the King Song KS-18S, it has the same markers.  But the king song can go forward or backwards, there is no real front or rear.  It just so happens they have a rotation symbol on the wheel. who cares if it doesn't affect the way it rides.  It isn't like you can see it anyway, it is black.  So if you choose to go backwards on you V10 and it was mounted correctly, would you now complain that it is wrong to go backwards because the arrow is pointing the other way?  This is such a silly discussion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

On the King Song KS-18S, it has the same markers.  But the king song can go forward or backwards, there is no real front or rear.  It just so happens they have a rotation symbol on the wheel. who cares if it doesn't affect the way it rides.  It isn't like you can see it anyway, it is black.  So if you choose to go backwards on you V10 and it was mounted correctly, would you now complain that it is wrong to go backwards because the arrow is pointing the other way?  This is such a silly discussion.

Details details. Some people get it, some don't.

BTW, the KS wheels do have a forward/backward default. If you lean the wheel against the wall and turn on the light from the app, only one light will always come on. That's the side that KS considers the front. My psyche will be disturbed if I don't ride with that direction pointing forward :unsure:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I am OCD enough that it would matter to me. Not for doing tricks like going backwards, but just the thing in itself.

While hydroplaning is a non-issue at the speeds we drive, with the tire pressures we have, it's just sloppy. And I get the feeling that on slick mud, sand and so on, it can't hurt to have the threads pushing material outwards - away from the contact area - rather than inwards.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1