New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

37 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Surely the real mistake is only having one wheel in the first place?

Who said I only have one wheel ?? Problem is, my wife takes the v8 to work, and kids consider my v5+ and s2 as theirs. I have ridden the s2 quite a lot lately, and I find it atrocious compared to v5. Apart from the appealing look, it’s a pain to control and motor always feel like you are missing torque.

But it is fair to say I only had one performance wheel, which I sold ? ahead of getting a new one.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Nice article. How much of this is IOS only or V10 only. I think these screenshots are from the IOS version. On android I'm unable to get landscape view. Also on my V8 the swipe up to turn on the light works but no swipe down for horn.

Also, I'm seeing huge battery drain when using the new app and that is with location blocked so no GPS using power. Have you seen this? 

@Jeffrey Scott Will

This specific screenshot in my post is only for the V10, but available for both IOS and Android. V8 doesn't have compatible speakers so it doesn't have the horn function. 

The App is not battery economic and we're working on it now. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Demargon said:

nice chose, is the best in his price range

Yeah - I got mine for 849 EUR. Thats really a bargain.

12 hours ago, Demargon said:

I have cuple of classic unicycles 16" and 29" but since I have the electric unicycle I barely use them

Do you think its an advantage or disadvantage to have that skill when starting our with the electric unicycle? Maybe my own great balance will make a mess for the electronic balancing :P

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Thomas Secher said:

Maybe my own great balance will make a mess for the electronic balancing :P

I think the best balance is better for the battery consumption but is only an assumption

21 hours ago, Thomas Secher said:

. Anyone here rides normal no-engine uni-bikes also? Just wanted to say that I am happy that the V10 was introduced as it allowed me to buy the V8 cheaper :P

I've got 5 unicycles ranging from 20" to 36". I'm waiting for my V10F to come in a few weeks. The Ninebot One C+ is just too slow and low range. The real manual unicycles take a lot more work to learn to ride and thought the electrics would help me. We'll have to see this summer. LOL

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I've got 5 unicycles ranging from 20" to 36". I'm waiting for my V10F to come in a few weeks. The Ninebot One C+ is just too slow and low range. The real manual unicycles take a lot more work to learn to ride and thought the electrics would help me. We'll have to see this summer. LOL

Manual and electric are totally different.  I’ve only found one thing in common between them, if you want to go really slow on the electric unicycle, knowing the manual unicycle helps.  Because if you want to go slow as walking or even slower, it is all about the twisting, same as with manual unicycle.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Manual and electric are totally different.  I’ve only found one thing in common between them, if you want to go really slow on the electric unicycle, knowing the manual unicycle helps.  Because if you want to go slow as walking or even slower, it is all about the twisting, same as with manual unicycle.  

That makes totally sense - thanx :D

1 hour ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Well - I crossed a couple of countries on unicycles - that wouldnt work out with the range of these things but anyway for short distance trips it safe us some energy :P     Lets share our experiences.

1 hour ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I am the opposite, I am currently trying to learn how to ride the manual Unicycle, I agree that it is alot harder. I am using a 20 inch wheel. Any advice you can give me on getting started? I am having problems trying to pedal, I feel like the pedal stems are too short, should I get a larger wheel? I am hoping to go up to 29 inch and maybe 32 inch hopefully once I get the hang of it. ?

2 hours ago, Edddeus said:

I am the opposite, I am currently trying to learn how to ride the manual Unicycle, I agree that it is alot harder. I am using a 20 inch wheel. Any advice you can give me on getting started? I am having problems trying to pedal, I feel like the pedal stems are too short, should I get a larger wheel? I am hoping to go up to 29 inch and maybe 32 inch hopefully once I get the hang of it. ?

20” is a good size to start.  Try get a good wheel like the nimbus.  The stems are longer and easier for a beginner.  It should take about 3-4 hours to be able to ride forward.  Just try to remember to sit.  And twist with the lower body in the direction you are falling.  Lean slightly forward.  I’m still learning.  I just got freemounting and turning.  I still need to learn idling and backward.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

20” is a good size to start.  Try get a good wheel like the nimbus.  The stems are longer and easier for a beginner.  It should take about 3-4 hours to be able to ride forward.  Just try to remember to sit.  And twist with the lower body in the direction you are falling.  Lean slightly forward.  I’m still learning.  I just got freemounting and turning.  I still need to learn idling and backward.  

4 hours? Well maybe to ride a couple of meter haha - I struggled 24/7 for a week when I started on a bike I builded myself back in the days. The best trick so get started is to find two good friends to support you as you figure out how the whole balancing thing works - a lots is in the way you manage the pedals. I agree that 20 inch is a good size to start - make sure you get the seat adjusted so you can reach the ground - when you get going you can raise it a bit. I even got a 3 1/2 meter one in the storage room - that needs practice and a lot of scratches - so think of me on that one when you hurt yourself learning ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thomas Secher said:

4 hours? Well maybe to ride a couple of meter haha - I struggled 24/7 for a week when I started on a bike I builded myself back in the days. The best trick so get started is to find two good friends to support you as you figure out how the whole balancing thing works - a lots is in the way you manage the pedals. I agree that 20 inch is a good size to start - make sure you get the seat adjusted so you can reach the ground - when you get going you can raise it a bit. I even got a 3 1/2 meter one in the storage room - that needs practice and a lot of scratches - so think of me on that one when you hurt yourself learning ;)

Here is my post and log on learning to ride a manual unicycle.  By the way, anyone can learn how to ride a bike in under an hour.  There is a proven method.  I didn't believe it until both my kids were able to learn with this method.  Since then I've used it to teach my nephews and anyone who doesn't know how to ride a bike.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Here is my post and log on learning to ride a manual unicycle.  By the way, anyone can learn how to ride a bike in under an hour.  There is a proven method.  I didn't believe it until both my kids were able to learn with this method.  Since then I've used it to teach my nephews and anyone who doesn't know how to ride a bike.  

Thankyou!

Edited by Edddeus

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

1) take off the pedals, lower the seat so their feet are flat on the ground. 

2) have them learn balance by pushing the bike and turning the handle bar, should take about 1/2 hour.  They are using their feet to propel and sincerity their feet are on the ground, removes the fear.  Once they can go a few feet with their feet up and repeatable, put the peddles back on.  

3) have them do the same shit in #2, when they achieve balance after pushing off, then they can put their feet on the pedals and pedal.  That’s all there is to it.  Should take less than an hour to learn. 

Please let me know how it goes. To me it sounds a bit too good to be true but I still get surprised about something almost everyday of my life (that’s how it is to be a curious and adventurous being haha).

• Upvote 1

@Bobwheel

First of all, many thanks for all the precious information and honnest replies you are providing on this forum! Highly appreciated!

As you may have read on different forums, several people have experienced cutout with the InMotion V8, even with quiet good level of battery charge (some reported more than 80% of battery charge when most had below 50% of charge) and at low speed, which luckely did not ended with very serious injuries so far.

Can you please let us know what has been done to remediate that Safety issue?

Did InMotion increase the number of battery parallel systems over 2 on the V10 to mitigate this fact since you have opted to continue with the use of LG cells?

Experimented people on this forum made several comments around that that mainly focus on the way InMotion have implemented the battery design and the fact that it is not recommended to push the wheels once under 50% of battery charge, which to me is a concern both in term of Safety first and mile range. Some also mentionned bad soldering, which was the case on other brand but has been remediated since, preventing those cutout in normal usage (not for people ignoring alarms of course!!!). I understand that with a low level of charge, any wheel will have difficulty to cope with overload, which is 'normal' based on the way of the technology of the unicycle, but 50% does not sound 'low' to me...

Here is an excerpt of a post from US69 which is a good summary of the issue:

"... The LG MH1  is known as a bad cells for higher amp draws, and i really got no clue why Inmotion chosed this cell for the V8 (with only 2 parallel Systems!!!)

When you draw 10Amp from this cell it Drops directly down 0,6Volts......so at a capacity of 50% the drop is that bad that it goes under 3 Volt!!!

Yes, you can argue that the 18650PF and GA from Panasonic used in GW/KS are not better....BUT: The difference is that the V8 only has 2 parallel Systems, the GW/KS wheels have at least 4(up to8) parallel Systems, so the drawn amperage is shared much better! I would have expected Inmotion to use a really high amp draw capable cell like the LG HG2 ...like Ninebot did on their 2 parallel wheel->One E+

So V8 Drivers: Beware of (middle to hefty)accelerations when under 50-60% capacity....you will have a good chance to overpower/cutout your wheel..."

Many thanks

Phil

Edited by Chriull
Repaired notification
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, that0n3guy said:

@eddiemoy thanks.  I guess I sorta did that with my oldest, we have a balance bike (a bike with no peddles) and upgraded him to a bike when he was too big for it.   Took longer that an hour tho :).  The 2 younger ones are less excited about peddaling

Shouldn’t take more than an hour.  Learning balance is quick.  You have to watch them.  See that they get the balance then switch them.  

On 5/23/2018 at 7:06 AM, em1barns said:

I placed my order on April 2nd and sold my Msuper3 on April 9th. Trust me, you are not the only one!!!

I think someone on this forum jinxed me. Literally the day after this post my one wheel crapped out on me. Bad news is it will probably take ninebot at least a couple of weeks to replace it (it's less than a month old). The good news is the V10F should arrive before then if Jason's email from today is accurate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maltocs said:

Yeah, when my kid was three, I decided to replace his balance bike with a regular bike with training wheels. First thing he told me to do was take off the training wheels and he IMMEDIATELY knew how to ride it. Stopping was a different thing as he would fall over instantly when he stopped. Now he's 5 on an escooter terrorizing the neighborhood while I follow him on a wheel.  Speaking of which, I'll eventually get him an EUC, but he's only 45lbs and about the same number of inches tall. Is there a minimum height and weight for these things?

Balance.jpg

I'm training my 7 year old son on an NB1 C+, he is 45lbs.  I saw a video from france and there was a kid that was 4 years old on an EUC.  I don't think there is a limit on the weight an how light you can go.  

This kid...

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1