New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

37 minutes ago, novazeus said:

is that android or apple? if it’s android, where is the app?

Funny you should ask........I have the Android app (ver 7.0.1) that I downloaded from InMotionworld.com, I have now tried no less than 4 different Android phones and not one of them will find the V10 in the search function in the App. So I have been using my wife’s old Apple 4S and the app works fine on that phone. I put the iOS app on two other Apple phones and made the mistake of upgrading to the latest Apple iOS (11) and upgraded to the latest iOS version from Inmotion that said they fixed some bugs and whamo! That was a big mistake, now those Apple devices all crash when I turn on the V10 and the Bluetooth on the phones........Imediate app crash........so DONT upgrade!!!!!!

I should have included the info on those screen shots about the software version but it’s the InMotion app version 7.0 for iOS.........if you haven’t done it already I would advise NOT updating to the InMotion iOS version 7.0.1 ........because it crashes on two Apple iPhone 6 phones and same on my brand new Apple iPad Mini.....latest version.

Edited by Master Blaster

Something else funny happened with the Android app..........the other day I had the V10 plugged into the charger and I was playing around on the Android Inmotion app at the same time and noticed it found the V10F and even listed it as V10 for the first time........so out of curiosity I unplugged the wheel from the charger and turned on the Wheel and searched with the Same phone and InMotion app and of course it could not find the Wheel........really strange!

I don’t know who they have writing their apps, but they suck worse than the King Song apps........Amazing!!!!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Something else funny happened with the Android app..........the other day I had the V10 plugged into the charger and I was playing around on the Android Inmotion app at the same time and noticed it found the V10F and even listed it as V10 for the first time........so out of curiosity I unplugged the wheel from the charger and turned on the Wheel and searched with the Same phone and InMotion app and of course it could not find the Wheel........really strange!

I don’t know who they have writing their apps, but they suck worse than the King Song apps........Amazing!!!!!

i am running v 7.0.1 on my 9.7 apple ipad, (not pro) and it seems to be working great. i forgot where i downloaded it from.

in defense of inmotion, kingsong has had a lot longer time to get their software bugs worked out. i haven’t a clue on how hard it is to write software and at 64 it’s something i don’t care to learn, but it must be hard. 

back in the 90’s when i’d be installing software on a desktop and following the instructions as to what to type at the c prompt and the software designer would say type “install” and no matter what, it wouldn’t work, then u try “setup” and it works. 

that’s what i don’t understand. these people put so much work in their product, and forget the most basic things. 

If Inmotion would want some assistance with the Android side of the app, I am sure  @palachzzz and myself would be happy to help. We both would likely require a V10F though to confirm everything is working correctly ?  It would be so much easier to implement this stuff from a valid protocol description instead of debugging the communication by listening in and determining the command patterns from the data stream.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, that0n3guy said:

Anyone know the status of @Jason McNeil's v10f shipping container?   Supposed to have hit land 3 days ago.  I bet its just stuck in customs.

Customs was estimated to take about a week when I got my wheel last June, but then they decided to inspect it closer and one week became two. I'd be surprised if they get shipped before next week given the stock has to be unloaded and processed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, em1barns said:

I placed my order on April 2nd and sold my Msuper3 on April 9th. Trust me, you are not the only one!!!

Oh man, I have a 14c to ride around at least.   Not having anything would be rough, especially with how nice it's been outside (I'm in the midwest).

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 2:14 PM, Marty Backe said:

$20 sounds fair for a mass-produced product from China. A bespoke item made in small quantities - not so much. I do it too, but people don't tend to value other peoples time. I'm pretty sure Duf is selling these way below his cost unless he values his time at 50-cents an hour.

I make sure to never calculate by the hour, it would not be a pretty picture. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Duf said:

I make sure to never calculate by the hour, it would not be a pretty picture. :)

i had a friend that retired and built himself a house and a big garage in his back yard. he liked to play with those cad machine tools. i asked him to make me a simple tool for assembling rc heli’s. a swashplate leveling tool designed for each make of helicopters. he did, and it worked great. i told him he should sell them and he scoffed at that idea. next thing u know after me showing people how to set up an rc heli and how handy the swashplate leveling block was, everybody was after him to make them for him.

i’m sure he never made enough to probably even pay for the electricity to make them, but he had big fun doing it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/20/2018 at 10:27 PM, WARPed1701D said:

I really like this cover on my V8 but I have to agree that less is more with the graphics. The large logo and "Happy Journey" stuff doesn't work for me. The Solowheel version was an improvement. I'm guessing they aren't interchangeable given the larger size of the V10. 

Actually we will adopt the Solowheel cover design from next production, and yes I love that version more than this InMotion grey one. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MacPara said:

If Inmotion would want some assistance with the Android side of the app, I am sure  @palachzzz and myself would be happy to help. We both would likely require a V10F though to confirm everything is working correctly ?  It would be so much easier to implement this stuff from a valid protocol description instead of debugging the communication by listening in and determining the command patterns from the data stream.

We really appreciate your offer, and I'll go ahead to communicate with our developer team to see how to proceed. 

• Like 3

We've wrote up some interesting features of the new App, please check it out here: https://www.myinmotion.com/blogs/news/inmotion-app-update-3-interesting-new-features

Thanks for your advice for this @novazeus, and hopefully it can provide some value for riders. 

5.PNG

Edited by Bobwheel
Add a photo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Yes they do.

1061168523_IMG_10392.thumb.jpg.f3c2d7428070d0e1058725a127373f1b.jpg

And if you print it thicker it's extremely tough too

WOW, I didn't realize they made soft 3D print and that's some serious durability on that video.

11 hours ago, em1barns said:

I placed my order on April 2nd and sold my Msuper3 on April 9th. Trust me, you are not the only one!!!

I bought ordered the V10F without ever riding or seeing an EUC in person, just watching a bunch of videos and seeing how much fun it looked. Knowing it was probably a couple months out, I bought a ninebot S1 to practice on. Like something I read on eWheels warned, I quickly outgrew the low top speed of the S1 and am anxiously awaiting this wheel.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

We've wrote up some interesting features of the new App, please check it out here: https://www.myinmotion.com/blogs/news/inmotion-app-update-3-interesting-new-features

Thanks for your advice for this @novazeus, and hopefully it can provide some value for riders. 

5.PNG

Nice article. How much of this is IOS only or V10 only. I think these screenshots are from the IOS version. On android I'm unable to get landscape view. Also on my V8 the swipe up to turn on the light works but no swipe down for horn.

Also, I'm seeing huge battery drain when using the new app and that is with location blocked so no GPS using power. Have you seen this? 

@Jeffrey Scott Will

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Never, ever, ever, sell your only wheel in anticipation of getting another one. I hope you learned your lesson ;)

Surely the real mistake is only having one wheel in the first place?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

5.PNG

When will this be released and will this fix BT connection issue people have on Android 8.0 on many different bands like Samsung?

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1