New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

17 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

The large branding is not for me, i think it makes the cover look ugly.

yeah, too bad they don't make them in fun designs like the ninebot decals I've seen on ebay (Captain America, pokeball, Spiderman, Ironman, etc). Now that I think about it, i doubt if those ebayers are selling licensed products. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, novazeus said:

ya, i’m weird.

i do love this cover, especially for florida. that black finish would be so hot. this has a reflective coating on it. idk, maybe makes it more visible at night. obviously has opening for the lights and speakers front and back.

I have the cover on my V8, it does make it more visible at night, for traffic at least; the edging is reflective. I’m surprised they didn’t change the design pattern a bit for the V10F, though. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kael said:

I have the cover on my V8, it does make it more visible at night, for traffic at least; the edging is reflective. I’m surprised they didn’t change the design pattern a bit for the V10F, though. 

I like what the new Inmotion owners are doing from a business perspective.  They're repurposing everything they can from the prior owners with as little new investment as possible.  It's the kind of investment opportunity I typically would like.  

• Like 1

I really like this cover on my V8 but I have to agree that less is more with the graphics. The large logo and "Happy Journey" stuff doesn't work for me. The Solowheel version was an improvement. I'm guessing they aren't interchangeable given the larger size of the V10. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

I really like this cover on my V8 but I have to agree that less is more with the graphics. The large logo and "Happy Journey" stuff doesn't work for me. The Solowheel version was an improvement. I'm guessing they aren't interchangeable given the larger size of the V10. 

my friend squeezed his v10f in a spare v8 cover he had. snug and a little short where i guess he couldn’t connect the straps under the pedals but looks like it will work.

On 5/13/2018 at 9:25 PM, novazeus said:

i did today. u can tell it was sprinkling on and off in my photo above. even wearing the van’s sk8 hi’s, no problem.

u know when i first rode the wheel i was like, so where do i position my feet on these gigantic pedals? 

i have it figured out now. u put ur feet wherever is the most comfortable to u and control how the wheel behaves by tilting the wheel forward or backwards. like if u wanna ride with ur foot further rearward for comfort, tilt the pedals a little down in front. 

i don’t look like chooch when i ride, nothing wrong with his athletic stance, i’m just a hundred years olderthan him. i prefer a stance more like my golf stance which i call “first break” legs perfectly straight and then relax to first break in the knees. when i ride the observer should be totally fooled how i am controlling the wheel. i try not to bat an eyelash. total mind meld. that’s what i’d tell people, i’m controlling it with my mind, or show them the apps map and say i just preprogram the route and the wheel is autonomous.

when i saw ur spiked pedals i was worried something might happen but i was to new to this game. foot wear, like in golf, is a big deal with these devices. not too tacky of a grip and not too loose. when golf banned metal spikes, i was forced to stop playing. slipping in soft spikes ruined my back.

i hope u try a pair of these van’s sk8 hi’s with ur new skid tape pedals. thatis like velcro.

again, beautiful job with the silicone. i’m so jealous. 

did u try an abrasion test with the pedal slip-ons to see if the silicone snagged like concrete too much. that’s my hesistancy with silicone. waiting for @Duf to make me a pair of black nylon ones for the v10f. i think he’s sell a bunch.

btw the silicone lip is also great for protecting ur ankles as well as the wheel finish. i noticed on my ks16s that it gets scratched up by the pedals in the up position.

Lol buy me a V10F pedal to prototype on ;)  Or an entire V10F will work as well

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Duf said:

Lol buy me a V10F pedal to prototype on ;)  Or an entire V10F will work as well

idk anything about the cost to produce something like a snap on pedal protector.

is a 3d printer cost effective to make these? 

$20 is the price range i was thinking?

Edited by novazeus

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

$20 sounds fair for a mass-produced product from China. A bespoke item made in small quantities - not so much. I do it too, but people don't tend to value other peoples time. I'm pretty sure Duf is selling these way below his cost unless he values his time at 50-cents an hour.

i paid $40 plus for the 9bot rubber bumpers that fit on my non-wheels. 

i think people would pay some where between $20 and $40 idk. they might not want them at all.

once u do the engineering on it, how much does it actually cost to produce them, material for the 3d printer?FBA6005A-9287-44F0-AA04-A2BD5F875F0A.thumb.jpeg.4de789f4107b09e0d1a8937bfb7292cb.jpeg

5 hours ago, novazeus said:

i paid $40 plus for the 9bot rubber bumpers that fit on my non-wheels. 

i think people would pay some where between $20 and $40 idk. they might not want them at all.

once u do the engineering on it, how much does it actually cost to produce them, material for the 3d printer?FBA6005A-9287-44F0-AA04-A2BD5F875F0A.thumb.jpeg.4de789f4107b09e0d1a8937bfb7292cb.jpeg

I have these bumpers also for my 9bot also, they are rubbery. I don't think 3D printers print rubbery, it's more like hard plastic. I feel for the S2/S1/E/C wheels, these bumpers are almost a necessity otherwise my inner shins feel raw from hitting hard plastic once in a while. Before i knew these bumpers existed, I had to wear shin guards tilted inwards!

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 11:58 PM, novazeus said:

yeah the branding doesn’t bother me coming from the world of golf where people paid more money to have a company branded bag. 

it’s more the function that i love. look how the reflective piping shows up at night.

2018-05-20_12-53-33

For the record, I got a response from Jeff @ inmotionusa saying these covers should be available at their site by the end of this week.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I have these bumpers also for my 9bot also, they are rubbery. I don't think 3D printers print rubbery, it's more like hard plastic. I feel for the S2/S1/E/C wheels, these bumpers are almost a necessity otherwise my inner shins feel raw from hitting hard plastic once in a while. Before i knew these bumpers existed, I had to wear shin guards tilted inwards!

i didn’t think so either. i was just using this as an example of the pricepoint people might pay for protection for their wheel.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:43 PM, novazeus said:

my v10f protective cover came today and i love it.

i wanted to buy an inmotion just for the fitting cover

i think it makes it look even more round and compact.

thanks inmotion.

2018-05-19_06-37-122018-05-19_06-36-19

wonder if it would fit the kingsong ks16s

• Like 1

11 hours ago, novazeus said:

i didn’t think so either. i was just using this as an example of the pricepoint people might pay for protection for their wheel.

YES, that's the price point and I would gladly pay $40, agree.

• Like 1

I just ordered some of this 3m clear vinyl (this is what I ordered).   I figured I needed about 96" to do the body and maybe peddles.    Cost $41, should protect about as good as the cover thing shown above, and I can still see my lights.   I post pictures after I get it installed (I don't have my wheel yet, probably another week or 2 I think).

1 hour ago, that0n3guy said:

I just ordered some of this 3m clear vinyl (this is what I ordered).   I figured I needed about 96" to do the body and maybe peddles.    Cost $41, should protect about as good as the cover thing shown above, and I can still see my lights.   I post pictures after I get it installed (I don't have my wheel yet, probably another week or 2 I think).

I used this on my Inmotion Vf5+, and it worked out nicely. Its a little frustrating getting all the air out and having it conform to the shape. I didn't bother putting it on the pedals. With all this work it might be just as easy and cost effective to replace the shells one they are scratched.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, that0n3guy said:

is this stuff removable or does it leave a sticky film?

I found a funny boo boo in the new InMotion app, although I have imperial units selected in the app setting, and although the mileage total is listed as miles, in reality it’s acctually the kilometers on on total and miles on another..........anybody else see this? I am including a tag here for Jeffrey so he can pass it on to his app dudes  ..... @Jeffrey Scott Will

InMotion app on Apple (7.0)

On this page although it says miles it’s really kilometers:

CEED6B21-7777-4EC2-8883-EDF61FEAFAF4.jpeg

And on on this page it is miles:

2D00E9DE-D5B5-448A-85E1-6A2281A32EDF.jpeg

Edited by Master Blaster

14 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

It should remove nicely.   3m Vinyl has been around forever and gets better and better.   Here is a fun video that feels like its from the 90's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY_Rd6xur_I

Reminds me of the days when i used to install tint. With tint i had the defrost lines to hide the separate pieces of tint lines. Thanks for the link.

11 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

I found a funny boo boo in the new InMotion app, although I have imperial units selected in the app setting, and although the mileage total is listed as miles, in reality it’s acctually the kilometers on on total and miles on another..........anybody else see this? I am including a tag here for Jeffrey so he can pass it on to his app dudes  ..... @Jeffrey Scott Will

On this page although it says miles it’s really kilometers:

CEED6B21-7777-4EC2-8883-EDF61FEAFAF4.jpeg

And on on this page it is miles:

2D00E9DE-D5B5-448A-85E1-6A2281A32EDF.jpeg

is that android or apple? if it’s android, where is the app?