New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

i’ve only put maybe 25 miles on mine, which is quite a few trips up and down my driveway, but i think i’m a better, more confident, in control rider already.

i just think and it does.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 9:25 PM, novazeus said:

i did today. u can tell it was sprinkling on and off in my photo above. even wearing the van’s sk8 hi’s, no problem.

Sorry for the late reply. That’s excellent news. I believe you found the right shoe to compliment the pedals. 

when i saw ur spiked pedals i was worried something might happen but i was to new to this game

You should have yelled at me louder.

i hope u try a pair of these van’s sk8 hi’s with ur new skid tape pedals. thatis like velcro.

I plan on buying a pair. Thanks

again, beautiful job with the silicone. i’m so jealous. 

Thank you kindly. 

did u try an abrasion test with the pedal slip-ons to see if the silicone snagged like concrete too much. that’s my hesistancy with silicone.

Yes and the silicone does not grab. When I grind the silicone in the lab I’m able to remove material without snagging on the abrasive belt.

btw the silicone lip is also great for protecting ur ankles as well as the wheel finish. i noticed on my ks16s that it gets scratched up by the pedals in the up position.

That’s true. Luckily I haven’t encountered a pedal smacking my ankles in quite  a while. The silicone does protect the finish. On your KS16S just apply a strip on self stick protective auto molding to the area of the shell where the pedals makes contact when flipped up.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

without snagging on the abrasive belt.

too cool. i love the way they snap on. no signs of loosening?

i think people would buy those, i would. it’s just better for the machine.

oh yeah, i forgot, did u ride the wheel some more and how do u love it?

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Sorry for the late reply. That’s excellent news. I believe you found the right shoe to compliment the pedals. 

You should have yelled at me louder.

I plan on buying a pair. Thanks

Thank you kindly. 

Yes and the silicone does not grab. When I grind the silicone in the lab I’m able to remove material without snagging on the abrasive belt.

That’s true. Luckily I haven’t encountered a pedal smacking my ankles in quite  a while. The silicone does protect the finish. On your KS16S just apply a strip on self stick protective auto molding to the area of the shell where the pedals makes contact when flipped up.

We all should have yelled at you, being able to move your feet on the pedals is crucial. Not slip, move. Especially if you get wobbling and such, because just a small adjustment of the feet can make all the difference...

Myself I'm still experimenting with the screw in studs, that grip better than sandpaper in wet conditions. Right now I have seven per side, but I'm considering removing two or three of them. The idea being to have just enough to feel safe from slipping, without hindering the natural movement of my feet.

• Like 3

On 5/16/2018 at 10:13 AM, Scatcat said:

We all should have yelled at you, being able to move your feet on the pedals is crucial. Not slip, move. Especially if you get wobbling and such, because just a small adjustment of the feet can make all the difference...

Myself I'm still experimenting with the screw in studs, that grip better than sandpaper in wet conditions. Right now I have seven per side, but I'm considering removing two or three of them. The idea being to have just enough to feel safe from slipping, without hindering the natural movement of my feet.

I found the shoes have some keys "stats" that are crucial to how easy I control the wheel and how safe I feel riding at different speeds. Now I am using Inmotion V8 with gridtape pedals.

So far I found the following:

-prefer flat shoes e.g. like Vans Sk8 slip on s.

-have as much contact surface like the Vans. Do not like "spike" trail pattern like a set of running shoes I bought.

-i want as stif as possible shoals with as little torsion twist as possible.

-i prefer shoes that are fairly hard hunch shock absorbing running shoes is no go as it mess up the feedback feeling from the wheel and it's pedals.

This leads yo I tend to wear ECU riding shoes (right now Vans, tomorrow I test a new set off Puma Vans/Converse style hi sneakers), and then I shift shoes for walking in the office.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00CSISWRU/ref=oh_aui_i_d_rec_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now this what I found that I prefer but I guess others will have different preferences, also depending what type of ride you go on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

I found the shoes have some keys "stats" that are crucial to how easy I control the wheel and how safe I feel riding at different speeds. Now I am using Inmotion V8 with gridtape pedals.

So far I found the following:

-prefer flat shoes e.g. like Vans Sk8 slip on s.

-have as much contact surface like the Vans. Do not like "spike" trail pattern like a set of running shoes I bought.

-i want as stif as possible shoals with as little torsion twist as possible.

-i prefer shoes that are fairly hard hunch shock absorbing running shoes is no go as it mess up the feedback feeling from the wheel and it's pedals.

This leads yo I tend to wear ECU riding shoes (right now Vans, tomorrow I test a new set off Puma Vans/Converse style hi sneakers), and then I shift shoes for walking in the office.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00CSISWRU/ref=oh_aui_i_d_rec_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now this what I found that I prefer but I guess others will have different preferences, also depending what type of ride you go on.

You should post this in the footwear thread, too.  

I mostly agree with your conclusions.  I will have to pick up a pair of Vans soon to audition them.  

For me, flat shoes are preferable, but more important is a hard sole.  I get foot fatigue fairly quickly.  

I've been looking for shoes that have both a hard sole and a spongy, shock-absorbing foam layer under my feet, but I am beginning to think I'm wrong to be looking for suspension in my shoes.  

• Like 1

Could someone with access to a V10F take a closer look at the tire wall and tell me what make and model it is? I believe it's a Kenda K1039 Komfort (any more Ks anyone?) but I want to be sure....

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 4:12 AM, novazeus said:

too cool. i love the way they snap on. no signs of loosening?

i think people would buy those, i would. it’s just better for the machine.

oh yeah, i forgot, did u ride the wheel some more and how do u love it?

I have some spare material. I’ll make you a set. PM me.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I have some spare material. I’ll make you a set. PM me.

i tried to send you a pm but it said you couldn’t receive messages.

nvm, i figured it out, message sent.

Edited by novazeus

11 hours ago, MacPara said:

Could someone with access to a V10F take a closer look at the tire wall and tell me what make and model it is? I believe it's a Kenda K1039 Komfort (any more Ks anyone?) but I want to be sure....

Kould be...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, novazeus said:

my v10f protective cover came today and i love it.

i wanted to buy an inmotion just for the fitting cover

i think it makes it look even more round and compact.

thanks inmotion.

Where did you order the cover from? Can you post the link?

Edited by King Llama
  • Like 1

@Bobwheel did me a special favor and got me one early. very much appreciated. i was afraid to walk Bob with the v10f until i got it. 

easy on and off, about 10 seconds. definitely get one when available.

i think they will be in stock soon. i’ve heard rumor, not from inmotion, the end of May.

so mine came from inmotion, usa. u might wanna let them know u want one. 

looks great, doesn’t it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I definitely believe that.  You are one unique EUC'er, novazeus.  :)

ya, i’m weird.

i do love this cover, especially for florida. that black finish would be so hot. this has a reflective coating on it. idk, maybe makes it more visible at night. obviously has opening for the lights and speakers front and back.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, novazeus said:

ya, i’m weird.

i do love this cover, especially for florida. that black finish would be so hot. this has a reflective coating on it. idk, maybe makes it more visible at night. obviously has opening for the lights and speakers front and back.

I'm weird, too.  Thank goodness.  I mostly find normal people boring.  

I have the same cover for my V8 and I'm a big fan.  I've left it on my wheel since I first got it, which isn't something I would have predicted.   I thought the LED lights would be a bigger feature for me than it is.  I'm constantly trying to avoid drawing attention to the wheel in an effort to prevent being asked about it all the time.  Maybe not the best hobby for someone like myself who doesn't really enjoy that kind of attention.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I'm weird, too.  Thank goodness.  I mostly find normal people boring.  

I have the same cover for my V8 and I'm a big fan.  I've left it on my wheel since I first got it, which isn't something I would have predicted.   I thought the LED lights would be a bigger feature for me than it is.  I'm constantly trying to avoid drawing attention to the wheel in an effort to prevent being asked about it all the time.  Maybe not the best hobby for someone like myself who doesn't really enjoy that kind of attention.   

if u ever did want to show off the wheel in all it’s lighted glory, two seconds to remove it and stick it in ur back pocket. really designed well. all u need without being bulky.

Edited by novazeus
  • Upvote 1