New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

2 hours ago, Jpd said:

It doesn’t get worse with speed and when my son rides it there is no noise at all. I had high hopes for this wheel , having had a v5f+ . That was a solid wheel. There’s definitely nothing stuck in there and it’s as clean as a whistle inside. 

When I received ACM2 I had rubbing sound when I made a turn.  There were nothing inside.  So I just kept riding and eventually it went away.  Maybe some of these wheels need a break in period.  

On 5/10/2018 at 12:29 PM, novazeus said:

these might not be the best shoe for the v10f. it’s like silicone on silicone. i haven’t given up on them for the v10f, i need more wheel time. on antiskid tape, they are like velcro.

20180510_152508

I just got my first pair of Vans SK8-Hi's and rode them for 3 rides on my two wheels. Both have grip tape and the shoes feel great on those. Good grip and due to the thin and hard sole, a very direct feeling for the wheel. I don't think I'd want to walk in these for any distance as they really have no dampening at all but they are great on the wheel. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jpd said:

That is what I suspected. I was going to take it apart, but then I got upset and said screw it! It’s brand new I shouldn’t have to ?

Hm, now I am doubting my own diagnosis because you said it does not change when increasing speed. A bearing issue, like a knock, or click, would definitely change frequency with speed. But so would the valve cap hitting something. It does seem to be related to weight which again would point at a bearing issue. Man, not sure what to tell you at this point. I hope the Inmotion guys @Jeffrey Scott Will and @Bobwheel can chime in here....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MacPara said:

I just got my first pair of Vans SK8-Hi's and rode them for 3 rides on my two wheels. Both have grip tape and the shoes feel great on those. Good grip and due to the thin and hard sole, a very direct feeling for the wheel. I don't think I'd want to walk in these for any distance as they really have no dampening at all but they are great on the wheel. 

i’m just a beginner but sole adhesion to the pedals is a big deal i think. not too much like @Rehab1‘s experiment with studs and not too slippery, like my new van’s and brand new inmotion’s pedals. now that the release film is off and the van’s and the pedals get naturally sanded by sand, the adhesion feels about right. certainly not made for walking but for this activity, about perfect. if they made higher ones with more cushion over my boney ankles, i’d get those.

i’m a fan now and i’m glad u like them as well. btw i haven’t tried the latest version of wheellog yet. i’m sorta apped out after navigating kingsongs and inmotions. if they can’t connect, they can’t get screwed up, at least that’s my theory now.

i normally don’t use a trolley handle, i just lugs my wheels around the ranch because of all the crap laying around, tree roots etc etc, but i think the trolley handle on the v10f is great. easy to activate and no parts unaccessible and it works elegantly just right. i had to do a little check up on the apple app and it is pufffect.

when i cook for Bob, he gives me a little time to play with my new wheel. got a nice gift from walmart curbside grocery pickup, i guess i am mommy to Bob. curbside service is da bomb btw. 

ya, trolley handle most elegant, excellent.

2018-05-13_05-21-352018-05-13_05-15-002018-05-13_05-24-49

• Like 2

On 5/11/2018 at 7:01 AM, houseofjob said:

@Bobwheel @Jeffrey Scott Will 

Love the new app, but it seems the sound customization was never fixed from back in the early V5 days. The max speed warning is too loud for every sound package, please fix!

(and it would be nice to create custom sound packages from computer files, as recording anything past 1sec and uploading has never worked for me on all 3 models, V5, V8, and now V10, for me at least).

I'll let them know that, thanks!

BTW, what do you mean by "but it seems the sound customization was never fixed from back in the early V5 days"? 

Edited by Bobwheel
missing a problem
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

I'll let them know that, thanks!

great attitude, Bob, i love ur wheel. i've only seen 5 other designs because i own them, but being a builder and getting to know this v10f better, i can really see the designers and engineers had that "attention to detail" which was the motto of my homebuilding company.

i'm using the ios app thru my ipad and it works flawlessly. i love how i can put a spirits level on the pedals and dial it in to perfectly level which is the way i like it. first ride it was like 3 degrees down in front and i was like, this thing doesn't have good brakes, put it level, and it reads my mind, like a great wheel should. pls let me know when the android app is bulletproof, my phones are android.lots of really cool things in the app that forum members will really love, so i know you guys have been paying attention.

this is far and away the most refined wheel of my bunch.

if u feel u need to go faster than 25mph, don't buy this wheel. if u don't need to go that fast and want jedi mind control over a wheel, and completing the whole gliding thing without foot cramps, u should at least try one for a while.

inmotion did a great job here. there's more to wheeling than just going fast, for me at least. 22mph is warp speed to me.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, novazeus said:

great attitude, Bob, i love ur wheel. i've only seen 5 other designs because i own them, but being a builder and getting to know this v10f better, i can really see the designers and engineers had that "attention to detail" which was the motto of my homebuilding company.

i'm using the ios app thru my ipad and it works flawlessly. i love how i can put a spirits level on the pedals and dial it in to perfectly level which is the way i like it. first ride it was like 3 degrees down in front and i was like, this thing doesn't have good brakes, put it level, and it reads my mind, like a great wheel should. pls let me know when the android app is bulletproof, my phones are android.lots of really cool things in the app that forum members will really love, so i know you guys have been paying attention.

this is far and away the most refined wheel of my bunch.

if u feel u need to go faster than 25mph, don't buy this wheel. if u don't need to go that fast and want jedi mind control over a wheel, and completing the whole gliding thing without foot cramps, u should at least try one for a while.

inmotion did a great job here. there's more to wheeling than just going fast, for me at least. 22mph is warp speed to me.

Yes, some people told me that with different setting with the App feels you're riding a different wheel, and our engineers put lots of time trying to fit into different rider's habit. 

BTW, the Android version was supposed to be released at 5/10 already, did you mean you haven't got it? 

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

this is how i use the trolley handle.(if i use it, which is rare).

i think it is better than my others(which is really on ks16s). 

and @Bobwheel feel free to use this photo in upcoming brochures.

a powered cane.

2018-05-13_06-47-112018-05-13_05-50-35

Thanks, that's a great demonstration, and I love the feeling of this photo. Let me forward it to our marketing team. 

19 hours ago, Jpd said:

my v10f is making more noise today. I’m super disappointed with this wheel! 

Sorry about that! We should definitely replace a new one for you for this case, but unfortunately we don't have stock for now.

I've forwarded this video to our engineers and they suspect it's the gas nozzle scratching with the shell, and we appreciate it if you can look into that.  And of course you can ship it back to us for repair,  please contact Jeff or leave your email address with a message to me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobwheel said:

Thanks, that's a great demonstration, and I love the feeling of this photo. Let me forward it to our marketing team. 

ya, i’m thinking ahead in case the bureaucrats try to take my v10f. 

no, it’s just a high visibility walking cane.

1 hour ago, Bobwheel said:

Yes, some people told me that with different setting with the App feels you're riding a different wheel, and our engineers put lots of time trying to fit into different rider's habit. 

BTW, the Android version was supposed to be released at 5/10 already, did you mean you haven't got it? 

yes, i did the one jeffrey sent me and then it wanted to upgrade and it stopped at 7.02 but everytime i change to imperial, it would reboot and make the max speed 15 mph. 

works like a charm with my ipad. i love the app. the only thing i haven’t explored, and i don’t need to because i have a total mind meld with this wheel, is the turn correction thing, that’s in the apple app. everything else is perfect. 

like i said before my only regret is i only bought one at the pre order price. 

here’s some screenshots for those that haven’t seen the app.

40285250730_7c8f108728_b.jpg40285250670_c4e64c32b0_b.jpg40285250640_52d765cb1b_b.jpg28219413468_a7f1d3fa12_b.jpg28219413408_c7c8e543ca_b.jpg40285250600_fe85e690ed_b.jpg

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

i’m just a beginner but sole adhesion to the pedals is a big deal i think. not too much like @Rehab1‘s experiment with studs 

That was a terrible experiment that whomped my ass. I’m so glad no one purchased them.

My modified V10F pedals work great!  I secretly rode it yesterday after it rained. With my wet shoes positioned on pedal’s new grip tape I performed some twists and turns without any foot slippage. I felt firmly connected to the wheel.

Has anyone tried riding their V10F with wet shoes?  I’m curious how well the rubber surface grips the feet in those conditions.

42078106861_c7041d4ae9_b.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

That was a terrible experiment that whomped my ass. I’m so glad no one purchased them.

My modified V10F pedals work great!  I secretly rode it yesterday after it rained. With my wet shoes positioned on pedal’s new grip tape I performed some twists and turns without any foot slippage. I felt firmly connected to the wheel.

Has anyone tried riding their V10F with wet shoes?  I’m curious how well the rubber surface grips the feet in those conditions.

42078106861_c7041d4ae9_b.jpg

i did today. u can tell it was sprinkling on and off in my photo above. even wearing the van’s sk8 hi’s, no problem.

u know when i first rode the wheel i was like, so where do i position my feet on these gigantic pedals? 

i have it figured out now. u put ur feet wherever is the most comfortable to u and control how the wheel behaves by tilting the wheel forward or backwards. like if u wanna ride with ur foot further rearward for comfort, tilt the pedals a little down in front. 

i don’t look like chooch when i ride, nothing wrong with his athletic stance, i’m just a hundred years olderthan him. i prefer a stance more like my golf stance which i call “first break” legs perfectly straight and then relax to first break in the knees. when i ride the observer should be totally fooled how i am controlling the wheel. i try not to bat an eyelash. total mind meld. that’s what i’d tell people, i’m controlling it with my mind, or show them the apps map and say i just preprogram the route and the wheel is autonomous.

when i saw ur spiked pedals i was worried something might happen but i was to new to this game. foot wear, like in golf, is a big deal with these devices. not too tacky of a grip and not too loose. when golf banned metal spikes, i was forced to stop playing. slipping in soft spikes ruined my back.

i hope u try a pair of these van’s sk8 hi’s with ur new skid tape pedals. thatis like velcro.

again, beautiful job with the silicone. i’m so jealous. 

did u try an abrasion test with the pedal slip-ons to see if the silicone snagged like concrete too much. that’s my hesistancy with silicone. waiting for @Duf to make me a pair of black nylon ones for the v10f. i think he’s sell a bunch.

btw the silicone lip is also great for protecting ur ankles as well as the wheel finish. i noticed on my ks16s that it gets scratched up by the pedals in the up position.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

@novazeus ........57 years ago in cow pasture:

D2FB5F29-686A-43E5-B7C0-4765F2BB1498.gif

we didn’t have unicycles, we had horses, still do. i never fell off a horse until i was like 22 and i wish i fell like this kid did.  very possible i might do this with one of these wheels. cow manure gets a bad rap. it’s not like dog or cat shit.

2 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

I've forwarded this video to our engineers and they suspect it's the gas nozzle scratching with the shell, and we appreciate it if you can look into that.  And of course you can ship it back to us for repair,  please contact Jeff or leave your email address with a message to me. 

Thanks for you reply. I’ve looked extensively at the inside of the shell and nothing is rubbing or scratching the shell. I did try moving the valve stem around and lowering the psi but still get the same sound.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Try tighten the pedal arm screws, applying a threadlocker like Loctite (I have a feeling this was not applied by InMotion factories).

The preprod wheel we received in NYC had a scraping noise issue, and tightening these made the issue go away.

Thanks! That makes sense. I did notice when I started to take the wheel apart that a couple of the pedal screws had no loctite on them. I’m crossing my fingers that it will be that simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

yes, i did the one jeffrey sent me and then it wanted to upgrade and it stopped at 7.02 but everytime i change to imperial, it would reboot and make the max speed 15 mph. 

works like a charm with my ipad. i love the app. the only thing i haven’t explored, and i don’t need to because i have a total mind meld with this wheel, is the turn correction thing, that’s in the apple app. everything else is perfect. 

like i said before my only regret is i only bought one at the pre order price. 

here’s some screenshots for those that haven’t seen the app.

40285250730_7c8f108728_b.jpg40285250670_c4e64c32b0_b.jpg40285250640_52d765cb1b_b.jpg28219413468_a7f1d3fa12_b.jpg28219413408_c7c8e543ca_b.jpg40285250600_fe85e690ed_b.jpg

The function of "Turning correction " is supposed to maintain the pedal to be even when you make a sharp turn.  If you feel the head down of the pedal when you make a turn, you can try to play it around.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1