New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

2 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

Yes, Jason is awesome, and we are working together now. 

Quality and service will be our top priority either for InMotion and Solowheel, and our new team will provide service to both of those brands. So feel free to reach out to us for anything you need, and we will be more than happy to help. 

Yes, you are right, there are more models under developing now, but again sorry I can't say too much about this. 

BTW, compared with InMotion App, what do you think the new Solowheel App?  It took me a long time to correct lots of tiny errors, and I just finished testing their upcoming update. 

Thanks for answering all our questions. I'm still confused about how Solowheel and Inmotion will work together going forward but whatever it is I look forward to seeing the results.

If you're after feedback then I'll throw the desire for an 18" wheel into the ring. I would like the extra security of a bigger wheel over less than perfect paved surfaces. 

Funny you should mention the Solowheel app. I downloaded it just the other day but when trying to connect to my wheel it refused to see the V8 on the Bluetooth list. I assumed Inmotion branded serials were locked out so removed it again. Are you saying this should have worked? 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Thanks for answering all our questions. I'm still confused about how Solowheel and Inmotion will work together going forward but whatever it is I look forward to seeing the results.

If you're after feedback then I'll throw the desire for an 18" wheel into the ring. I would like the extra security of a bigger wheel over less than perfect paved surfaces. 

Funny you should mention the Solowheel app. I downloaded it just the other day but when trying to connect to my wheel it refused to see the V8 on the Bluetooth list. I assumed Inmotion branded serials were locked out so removed it again. Are you saying this should have worked? 

Yeah, you are right, we need bigger wheels. 

I forgot that V8 might not have access to Solowheel App, but let me find out if there is a way to try it. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Agreed, but thicker than the usual 18" x 2.5", maybe more like minimum 18" x 2.75" / 3", or better, something like the new Ninebot One Z10 18" x 4.1" tire size.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

I am sorry I can not share too much here for now, but one thing for sure is the upcoming model has almost every feature you want to get improved from V8. 

I want, in order of priority:

• a wider tire, everything between 2.3" and 3.0" I could give a try
  • longer pedals, at least 220mm
  • reduced weight, say below 13kg
  • even less motor vibrations/humming
  • a truly swappable battery as originally announced already for the V8 (say, less than 2 minutes without the need of tools and/or special skills)
  • a (slightly) slimmer shell and hence reduced overall width
  • an USB port
  • an app that immediately connects to the wheel when launched without any further ado
  • to be able to turn the wheel on while it stands on the fender

I fear that far from "almost every" of these features will come with the new V10. Am I wrong?

Edited by Mono

2 hours ago, Mono said:

• a truly swappable battery as originally announced already for the V8 (say, less than 2 minutes without the need of tools and/or special skills)
  • an USB port
  • an app that immediately connects to the wheel when launched without any further ado

I fear that far from "almost every" of these features will come with the new V10. Am I wrong?

Some of your requests are clearly contradictory. Wider tires and reduced width? I dont know what you mean by motor vibrations or humming. My V8 is at perfect pitch. Lol . My app connects automatically, so does darknessbot too.

I do like the idea of them keeping the weight down, whether they do this by making a well balanced wheel that feels lighter than it is or is actually lighter.

I would like more speed for going downhill without all the warnings.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Mono said:

This is a big one every manufacturer misses. Even Ninebot, who after 2 years of absence come out with a performance wheel, only slap their old, tiny 3 year old pedals on it.

I'd say 22 cm is still too short. Pedals should be longer than your shoes, not shorter! The only reasons to possibly have them shorter is so the corners can't scratch in tight turns, or for looks. But make them as long and big as possible.

19 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I'd say 22 cm is still too short. Pedals should be longer than your shoes, not shorter

Good Point. Maybe they are just dealing with smaller feet in the development labs. Send them a couple of pairs of your old shoes for engineering perspective. :efee612b4b:

10 hours ago, Mono said:

• an USB port

Yeah, it seems we have to try harder to meet all your need.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Some of your requests are clearly contradictory. Wider tires and reduced width?

yes, no contradiction there, unless shell and tire width are already alike.

10 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

My app connects automatically

sure, but the original InMotion app doesn't. It needs several "clicks" to get there.

Edited by Mono

46 minutes ago, Mono said:

sure, but the original InMotion app doesn't. It needs several "clicks" to get there.

The updated inMotion app connects automatically when you turn on the V8 now.

I thought you owned a V8. It is pretty tight around the tire. The wide part is these two lumps near the top that bulge out a little for the battery. There was even a tire rubbing problem with some new Kenda tires that came on it, thats why I said it is a bit contradictory.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

The updated inMotion app connects automatically when you turn on the V8 now.

Good then. I tend to not update apps as long as I am not desperately missing some functionality :)

I thought you owned a V8. It is pretty tight around the tire. The wide part is these two lumps near the top that bulge out a little for the battery. There was even a tire rubbing problem with some new Kenda tires that came on it, thats why I said it is a bit contradictory.

you are saying that in the casing of the V8 we can't install a larger tire. That's true, a 2.5" tire can't possibly be fit on a V8. To my understanding the V10 though will have a 2.5" tire, that is, it must have a different casing. There is no contradiction in the fact that we could have space for a 2.5" tire (around 64mm wide) in a casing which is overall 130mm wide. The measures for the V8 are 2.125" (54mm) and 148mm.

I understand that space in an EUC casing is precious and that this poses a significant engineering challenge. To gain space while keeping the slim form factor, removing the trolley handle from the inner casing has most likely been the right choice.

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 1

An 18” with a 3-3.5” wide tyre would be amazing. I’m also on board with reduced weight, if that’s possible. (I understand that size increases make things heavier). Reduced width is not a concern for me; the V8 is already on the skinny side. 

Yes please on longer pedals, but there’s obviously a balance to be struck, as that will reduce your ability to perform tight turns. My feet aren’t massive, size 9.5UK (10.5 US), but they do hang over the edge.

Other than the obvious speed and battery increase, I suppose easy disassembly would be nice. Like the KS16S where the whole shell detaches from the motor after a few screws.

Oh and a bit more clearance between tyre and shell as my V8 is always getting stuff stuck in there.  

18 minutes ago, Kael said:

Oh and a bit more clearance between tyre and shell as my V8 is always getting stuff stuck in there.

It's a funny thing though, as this has never been a serious problem on my V8 even once. On the other hand, the wheel of my Gotway, which has more space between tire and shell, got once literally blocked by a piece of wood -> faceplant. I have traveled the same path with the V8 many times without encountering this problem ever. It's of course just a single event, so it might have been simply bad luck, though my impression is in general that the Gotway tends to lure all kind of bigger pieces more easily into the shell.

Edited by Mono

3 hours ago, Mono said:

understand that space in an EUC casing is precious and that this poses a significant engineering challenge. To gain space while keeping the slim form factor, removing the trolley handle from the inner casing has most likely been the right choice.

And that would make it remarkable because it is contradictory to what you would think possible. As a contrarian I thought you wouldve gotten that.

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

And that would make it remarkable because it is contradictory to what you would think possible. As a contrarian I thought you wouldve gotten that.

I don't see that an engineering challenge is a contraction or impossible, but maybe that's just me :P

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-02-09 at 12:19 AM, Bobwheel said:

We have been developing a new concept that can reduce the weight dramatically, hopefully we can have more to share this year. 

Hi @Bobwheel. I am still looking to buy my first EUC. Still reaching since I can't test run these as I don't have a local dealer. But I very nearly chose InMotion V8 but this is why I started at Kingsong KS16S instead.

* Plastic footpaths

* Strong front and rear light, with 'breaklight option and these interchange with drive director (in Swden it need light to be road legal as I understand it)

*Again to be streetlegal it must not go faster than 20 kmh but here I go rebel style as I believe this limit might be raised. But I have respect for speed and how this impact risk of injuries in case an accident. I doubt I would go faster than 30-35 kmh at any point.

*Major benefit is to keep weight as low as possible, and build in trolly handle.

Now why I started to look into EUC is for commuting but my need is short distance 1,5-2 km to work. Today I drive a car but parking is a pain. 2ndary I hope to love this to go on trail trips longer out in future and due to this I like to have big wheel as long it is still nimble and stable.

MAJOR FOOTNOT: I still to ride my first time on an EUC. But I more bikecycle miles that I will ever get in my car and despite different ridestyle, this is why I respect speeds.

Edited by Unventor
Trying to add Bobwheel tag

22 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Hi @Bobwheel. I am still looking to buy my first EUC. Still reaching since I can't test run these as I don't have a local dealer. But I very nearly chose InMotion V8 but this is why I started at Kingsong KS16S instead.

* Plastic footpaths

* Strong front and rear light, with 'breaklight option and these interchange with drive director (in Swden it need light to be road legal as I understand it)

*Again to be streetlegal it must not go faster than 20 kmh but here I go rebel style as I believe this limit might be raised. But I have respect for speed and how this impact risk of injuries in case an accident. I doubt I would go faster than 30-35 kmh at any point.

*Major benefit is to keep weight as low as possible, and build in trolly handle.

Now why I started to look into EUC is for commuting but my need is short distance 1,5-2 km to work. Today I drive a car but parking is a pain. 2ndary I hope to love this to go on trail trips longer out in future and due to this I like to have big wheel as long it is still nimble and stable.

MAJOR FOOTNOT: I still to ride my first time on an EUC. But I more bikecycle miles that I will ever get in my car and despite different ridestyle, this is why I respect speeds.

Thanks for sharing these for us, and it's very helpful to hear back from you guys about you pain points and scenario. 

I hope we can bring up a new model that can satisfy all your need some day. 

• Like 1

Oh almost forgot this. I would love a park mode, that lock the wheel down, and unfold a parking stand or support rod. So the wheel can stand by itself in power off mode or while charging. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2018 at 9:40 PM, Bobwheel said:

I forgot that V8 might not have access to Solowheel App, but let me find out if there is a way to try it. 

Did you have any luck with this? I just built a new sidelight pattern in the Inmotion app and it reminded me why I don't use it very often! 

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Oh almost forgot this. I would love a park mode, that lock the wheel down, and unfold a parking stand or support rod. So the wheel can stand by itself in power off mode or while charging. 

The V8 stands on its own (on the fender) when off or while charging. Not super stable, but good enough on plane surfaces. It is also lighter than the KS16, AFAIK, and has a built-in trolley handle.

• Like 2

Since we're doing wish-lists for future InMotion / Solowheel models, here's mine (coming from a happy V8 owner, married to a happy V5F+ owner):

• More powerful motor. I don't really feel a need to go faster, but as a 200lb guy who sometimes has 30lbs of gear, it would be nice to have more hill climbing / pothole-taking / safety margin.
  • Lower center of gravity. I like having a 16" wheel, but the V8's height and battery placement make it handle like an 18" (without the power of an 18").
  • Longer, wider pedals. Also, make them actually flat. The V8 rapidly fatigues my feet.
  • Better parking "stand."  The little nubs on the body at the "fender" could be wider so the wheel could stand more stably when parked.
  • Headlight / tail lights that auto switch depending on direction. It would also be nice if the lights and reflectors met California visibility standards (which will probably set precedence for other geographies).
  • Taller trolley handle. At 6", the trolley handle is just slightly too short for comfort.
  • Long mudflap.
  • Wider tire, with more clearance from the body, and an easier to access valve.
  • Suspension. I know it's too much to ask, but one can dream.
  • A hard-point to which I could attach a bike chain/lock.

Edited by Shemp