New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

6 hours ago, King Llama said:

Any other happy V10f owners out there?? :confused1:

If I wouldn't read this forum, I would still be extremely happy with my V10F. :)

No issues and the ride is really nice and comfortable. Only thing bothering me is that I need to fix my wheel and my DIY package didn't include all the parts needed for that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, King Llama said:

Any other happy V10f owners out there?? :confused1:

Prior to buying my V10 I was looking for a super-comfy long-distance cruiser and my V10 is exactly that. 

Just went for a short 11km ride, sunny day, 15°C - life is good !

3 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

What do you mean by that?

Concerning distance - I'm totally disappointed. Max of 50 km for a V10F - and no hills!

I should have replaced 'cruiser' by 'commuter'.  My V10 does 35-40km which 'is enough', although I admit I was hoping to cross the 40km boundary more easily.   

Sure, the autonomy might be quite lower than a KS18L, but we're in a different price league as well.  I've read reviews from people that for instance the autonomy of the Z8/Z10 was disappointing as well...

7 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Concerning distance - I'm totally disappointed. Max of 50 km for a V10F - and no hills!

50-55km is what you get from a 1000Wh battery unless you're 60kg and go below 25km/h. Inmotion can't do magic. They can and do lie about range in their advertising, like everyone else. 62 miles (100km), yea right. At walking speed, maybe.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 5:07 PM, Fastmike said:

So happy! I couldn't wait any longer!

Just received my KS18L yesterday! That wheel is a dream compare to the V10F.

How much for your V10F? ?

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 7:36 PM, Dini said:

I am new to this forum so I am not sure if I am posting this correctly.

I have just bought a v10f and the wheel is really cool, but I am having a few issues. I would like to know if this is happening to anyone else and has anyone found a way to fix it. in the app the speed is not registering when riding it, it shows the top speed that was reached but not the speed at the time of using it, I have used the app Darknessbot and the speed seems to work when connected to that app, I have an Iphone,  and I have tried to use other Iphones but its the same issue with all the phones, so I am not sure what is wrong. The same thing happens with the energy consumption. I have attached some screen shots. This is a bit annoying but not not the end of the world. I would like to get it to work.

The other thing that is happening is that when I turn the wheel tips forward significantly. I have tried to re calibrate it and it seems to be a bit better but then it happens again after a few sharper turns.   I have been reading and it seems that the wheel should not do that, is that correct? Is there anything else that I can do to stop it from happening that you know of? 

Thanks a lot.

IMG_1929.PNG

IMG_1923.PNG

Yes, I've been spamming Inmotion about it for the last few weeks. All my messages seem to disappear into a black hole. I think it is a quite serious bug.

Jon from speedy feet UK (youtube channel) picked the V10F over the MSX for its superior livability, from his perspective (and after several different comparison tests). He compared the MSX to a ferrari and the V10F to a bentley. He found some quality of the V10F tire made the ride more smooth, regardless of the tire pressure.  So annoying I have to wait until Thanksgiving for my V10F... 

Edited by Glitched

hi,

i have V10F , tested on 135km . I want to share some of my findings as a result of my test;

1- i set max speed 45km/h with darknessbot, i saw max speed same 45 km/h on inmotion app but when i using device , i could do max 36 km/h with %100 battery. started titlback with sound alert. how can i increase speed?

2- whats mean comforte and classique modes? what differences?

3- handle bar is long for v10f, can you-I change size?

4- Default Speaker Volume too Loud,

5- insufficient width of the Self-Standing Support Struts, couldnt self standing,

6- In addition, much more different LED configurations should be add,

7- Fold Pedal Down cannot be opened with the foot. it can be very comfortable to open with the foot.

8- Footboard sensitivity setup tool, what should it be? Do you have explanation?

I would like to try the new firmware tests.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 14.17.08.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 14.19.47.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Gürol Yılmaz Trapsh said:

1- i set max speed 45km/h with darknessbot, i saw max speed same 45 km/h on inmotion app but when i using device , i could do max 36 km/h with %100 battery. started titlback with sound alert. how can i increase speed?

The max speed set is just a value which the wheels firmware can allow if the parameters fit:

The firmware restricts the max speed by battery voltage. Normally wheels (firmware) calculates the charge % shown from the battery voltage: from 4.2V to some threshold below it shows 100%, then the charge % decrease linearely to 0% at somewhere around 3.3V.

Every burden on the wheel (acceleration, ...) decreases (temporarely) the battery voltage by the flowing current additionally to the normal discharge process.

So since the wheel decreases the maximum speed with decreasing charge (which is calculated from the battery voltage),  the maximum speed can only be reached with absolutely fully charged battery (look at the battery voltage and not the charge %) with as low burden as possible.

(... also Inmotion has introduced some novelties with their new(er) wheel(s) - so some specific details could be a bit different ...)

13 minutes ago, Gürol Yılmaz Trapsh said:

2- whats mean comforte and classique modes? what differences?

Afair classic is the "old" motor driving algorithm and "comfort" the new one. The exact differences were posted somewhere on this forum from inmotion representatives - i don't remember them...

9 minutes ago, Chriull said:

The max speed set is just a value which the wheels firmware can allow if the parameters fit:

The firmware restricts the max speed by battery voltage. Normally wheels (firmware) calculates the charge % shown from the battery voltage: from 4.2V to some threshold below it shows 100%, then the charge % decrease linearely to 0% at somewhere around 3.3V.

Every burden on the wheel (acceleration, ...) decreases (temporarely) the battery voltage by the flowing current additionally to the normal discharge process.

So since the wheel decreases the maximum speed with decreasing charge (which is calculated from the battery voltage),  the maximum speed can only be reached with absolutely fully charged battery (look at the battery voltage and not the charge %) with as low burden as possible.

(... also Inmotion has introduced some novelties with their new(er) wheel(s) - so some specific details could be a bit different ...)

Afair classic is the "old" motor driving algorithm and "comfort" the new one. The exact differences were posted somewhere on this forum from inmotion representatives - i don't remember them...

thank you very much

Hi,

you propably set in the app the classic mode. There - max speed ist at 100 % 36 km/h which is really annoying.

On lower battery level max speed decreases to 31 km/h on the classic mode. And this sound - just horrible :furious:

If you set the mode to comfort, you'll be able to run at least 40 km/h at 100% battery level.

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

And this sound - just horrible :furious:

I've "solved" this sound by switching to the "English" sound FX, where the beeps are replaced by a female voice.  The speed alert now tells me "Danger ! Please slow down."  *A lot* less annoying than that beep...

On 10/17/2018 at 4:56 PM, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hi,

you propably set in the app the classic mode. There - max speed ist at 100 % 36 km/h which is really annoying.

On lower battery level max speed decreases to 31 km/h on the classic mode. And this sound - just horrible :furious:

If you set the mode to comfort, you'll be able to run at least 40 km/h at 100% battery level.

Hi,  I set comforte mode then tried V10F  , i saw 40 km/h  .   thank you

So out of the box my v10f accelerates at half the speed of my 4 year old 550Wh 16" firewheel f260. haha. I haven't gotten a chance to check the tire pressure yet (I'm guessing they deflate it somewhat for shipping) or change drive modes from comfort to classic, but I hope that lights a fire under this wheel's motor because it's slooow. TBH I can't really push it past 10mph very easily at all so I must be doing something wrong. I suspect I need to have my center of gravity closer to the front edge of these massive pedals? 

I got it to the 2.28 firmware, petal sensitivity is 100% and pedal angle is 1 degree sloped up. 

Edited by Glitched
  • Like 1