Pingouin

New Inmotion V10 (V8 Fast)

21 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Tesla is a good option, but the trolley handle is not better. I tried one. Slower to open and close and a bit stiff. But this is a matter of taste. The narrower wheel will make it feel smaller. 18” options might be closer to the V10F in ride feel. But Tesla is certainly faster to accelerate with the smaller wheel. 

@Fastmike do you have a possibility to test drive wheels? I have the V10F and if I would now have to switch to another wheel that was similar, I would go for MSX (for the big battery) or 18L (sounds like very similar ride and good quality). I think those are the options right now. Do you want more range? Do you like to ride fast? Looking for comfort or practical wheel? Acceleration vs. top speed? Does size matter? Does quietness matter? There are many good wheels available but none of them is best for everyone. You need to find where you don’t want to compromise and what features are not that important. 

As a beginner and after the terrible experience with the V10F, I am looking for:

1. a safe wheel which I can store at home with no fear (at least when not plugged) opposite to the IM product

2. using good components and design to prevent overheating (I am 90+ Kgs reason why I was looking for 2000W motor based EUC to don't worry too much about cutout)

3. that can also be used downtown even if not the most agile

Thx

Edited by Fastmike

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Unfortunately my wife’s KS14C remained underwater for an hour. I then encased it in rice for 3 days. The rusty water depicted on the floor came from the KS motor after it was disassembled 5 months later. In my case no amount of rice would have absorbed the moisture content trapped inside the housing. 

My situation was unusual. Applying your method if a wheel was submerged for only a few minutes would probably save a wheel. 

30933378488_4df83569e8_b.jpg43894593855_c60302afd9_b.jpg

You need to take things apart asap on everything water could get into. So does water get in through just the bearings or are there other joints that are not sealed in the motor?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fastmike said:

As a beginner and after the terrible experience with the V10F, I am looking for:

As a MSX and 16S owner I do feel that the 18L should the safer bet. Although MSX track record has so far been magnificent, there are a few aspects that reveal it’s not designed for the longest life.

I weigh 92kg, and the power of the MSX is just stunning. I can accelerate stupidly fast uphill without a slightest feel of being close to the limits. I’m sure the 18L is in the same ballpark. The power we’re at nowadays, oh man!

The 18L has a narrower body profile and tire, and might feel slightly more agile. But I’m sure the difference is nothing major. The MSX trolley handle location requires careful control, whereas the KS handle is a dream to use.

For me there were a few things I had to modify on the MSX to make it suit me at all. I know the 18L is likely to work better for most people out of the box. That said, the 3” wide tire is magnificent, although not at all suitable for wet offroad. And the battery... 1000Wh and 1600Wh are not comparable.

If you’re not looking to go for fast 45 (or slow 50+) mile trips or topping past 50km/h, the 18L might be the better one for you.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

are you sure you want to start as a beginner with a 20 kg + wheel? I'm in doubt, that this is a good startoff. Well - tht is my experience so far. I wouldn't advise somebody to take  one of these 'monsters' as a 'startup wheel'.

But this should be handled in a own thread - here ist the V10 thread :)

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hi,

are you sure you want to start as a beginner with a 20 kg + wheel? I'm in doubt, that this is a good startoff. Well - tht is my experience so far. I wouldn't advise somebody to take  one of these 'monsters' as a 'startup wheel'.

But this should be handled in a own thread - here ist the V10 thread :)

Before the disaster, I was starting to be ok with the V10 that was stable. Now I need to find something else... the weight is not too much a problem when well balanced from what I realized if you don't have to go through stairs of course :D

The V10 is too much top weighted and the KS, despite its weight, is better in that regards with batteries installed lower on each side.