New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

21 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Tesla is a good option, but the trolley handle is not better. I tried one. Slower to open and close and a bit stiff. But this is a matter of taste. The narrower wheel will make it feel smaller. 18” options might be closer to the V10F in ride feel. But Tesla is certainly faster to accelerate with the smaller wheel. 

@Fastmike do you have a possibility to test drive wheels? I have the V10F and if I would now have to switch to another wheel that was similar, I would go for MSX (for the big battery) or 18L (sounds like very similar ride and good quality). I think those are the options right now. Do you want more range? Do you like to ride fast? Looking for comfort or practical wheel? Acceleration vs. top speed? Does size matter? Does quietness matter? There are many good wheels available but none of them is best for everyone. You need to find where you don’t want to compromise and what features are not that important. 

As a beginner and after the terrible experience with the V10F, I am looking for:

1. a safe wheel which I can store at home with no fear (at least when not plugged) opposite to the IM product

2. using good components and design to prevent overheating (I am 90+ Kgs reason why I was looking for 2000W motor based EUC to don't worry too much about cutout)

3. that can also be used downtown even if not the most agile

Thx

Edited by Fastmike

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Unfortunately my wife’s KS14C remained underwater for an hour. I then encased it in rice for 3 days. The rusty water depicted on the floor came from the KS motor after it was disassembled 5 months later. In my case no amount of rice would have absorbed the moisture content trapped inside the housing. 

My situation was unusual. Applying your method if a wheel was submerged for only a few minutes would probably save a wheel. 

30933378488_4df83569e8_b.jpg43894593855_c60302afd9_b.jpg

You need to take things apart asap on everything water could get into. So does water get in through just the bearings or are there other joints that are not sealed in the motor?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fastmike said:

As a beginner and after the terrible experience with the V10F, I am looking for:

As a MSX and 16S owner I do feel that the 18L should the safer bet. Although MSX track record has so far been magnificent, there are a few aspects that reveal it’s not designed for the longest life.

I weigh 92kg, and the power of the MSX is just stunning. I can accelerate stupidly fast uphill without a slightest feel of being close to the limits. I’m sure the 18L is in the same ballpark. The power we’re at nowadays, oh man!

The 18L has a narrower body profile and tire, and might feel slightly more agile. But I’m sure the difference is nothing major. The MSX trolley handle location requires careful control, whereas the KS handle is a dream to use.

For me there were a few things I had to modify on the MSX to make it suit me at all. I know the 18L is likely to work better for most people out of the box. That said, the 3” wide tire is magnificent, although not at all suitable for wet offroad. And the battery... 1000Wh and 1600Wh are not comparable.

If you’re not looking to go for fast 45 (or slow 50+) mile trips or topping past 50km/h, the 18L might be the better one for you.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

are you sure you want to start as a beginner with a 20 kg + wheel? I'm in doubt, that this is a good startoff. Well - tht is my experience so far. I wouldn't advise somebody to take  one of these 'monsters' as a 'startup wheel'.

But this should be handled in a own thread - here ist the V10 thread :)

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hi,

are you sure you want to start as a beginner with a 20 kg + wheel? I'm in doubt, that this is a good startoff. Well - tht is my experience so far. I wouldn't advise somebody to take  one of these 'monsters' as a 'startup wheel'.

But this should be handled in a own thread - here ist the V10 thread :)

Before the disaster, I was starting to be ok with the V10 that was stable. Now I need to find something else... the weight is not too much a problem when well balanced from what I realized if you don't have to go through stairs of course :D

The V10 is too much top weighted and the KS, despite its weight, is better in that regards with batteries installed lower on each side.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:13 PM, Rehab1 said:

Here’s mine. Well sort of. Since I can’t officially ride my V10F (or Tesla) yet the pedal mods are underway which will be completed tomorrow. The V10F’s silicone based pedals grips are tough as nails. It took 30 minutes just to grind off the  traction ridges so I can install my industrial grip tape. The pedals will also have silicone protective covers installed. 

41106528765_71484ee463_b.jpg

Hey Rehab, What brand industrial grip tape did you use? Is it staying well?

8 hours ago, Jpd said:

Has anyone received the diy kit from inmotion yet? I was told a few weeks ago by @Jeffrey Scott Will that they were just about ready to ship.

I received mine a week ago. I was disappointed with the kit. The photo is all I got in the kit. I commented on the quality of the battery case on the fire thread.  I got no pads like those that had theirs done by INMOTION. I’m not going to use that battery case because it is not hard or made well enough. Going to use 2” wide tape instead. 

0FBDAA68-7DC7-48CB-AE81-09775C5993D5.jpeg

• Like 1

I got my package today but it included only the battery case. Nothing else. I know they are trying hard, but this is just sloppy. Now on to waiting for new box to arrive before I get to finish the assembly myself. 

The battery case feels quite flimsy. And I thought the box should include some tools as well?

9B03DE43-E89E-4AB7-989B-8A0C73778226.jpeg

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I can't wait till this issue is resolved. I want to upgrade from my V8. I hear that this issue is with the V10F and not the V10. Is this true?

Edited by Edddeus

16 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

I can't wait till this issue is resolved. I want to upgrade from my V8. I hear that this issue is with the V10F and not the V10. Is this true?

I think they made V10s only after two batches of V10Fs. So they are made later anyway. I’m not sure. But I don’t think this affects anyone looking to buy a new V10 or V10F. New batches will be manufactured better. The problem is with the first two batches. But it might take a while before there are new wheels available. 

• Upvote 1

So happy! I couldn't wait any longer!

Just received my KS18L yesterday! That wheel is a dream compare to the V10F. The only 'negative' points are the weight if you have to use stairs, and the trolley which looks fragile. But out of that, much better wheel in all aspect. Looks actually lighter to drive since center of gravity is lower with the battery packs being on the sides and I found it more stable. 

Once I will be more experienced, I will probably buy a second charger since that KS18L has two charging ports which is another great feature. Bye bye IM... 

Have fun guys!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fastmike said:

Just received my KS18L yesterday! That wheel is a dream compare to the V10F. The only 'negative' points are the weight if you have to use stairs, and the trolley which looks fragile. But out of that, much better wheel in all aspect. Looks actually lighter to drive since center of gravity is lower with the battery packs being on the sides and I found it more stable. 

How many km did you drive? What's about the high pitch noise of KS motors?

Anyway - wish you much fun with your new 'toy'.

33 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

How many km did you drive? What's about the high pitch noise of KS motors?

Anyway - wish you much fun with your new 'toy'.

Actually not much, around 35, but found it more easier. The high pitch noise is not disturbing at all on the KS18L. Might be more on other KS models.

Thanks   :D

I am new to this forum so I am not sure if I am posting this correctly.

I have just bought a v10f and the wheel is really cool, but I am having a few issues. I would like to know if this is happening to anyone else and has anyone found a way to fix it. in the app the speed is not registering when riding it, it shows the top speed that was reached but not the speed at the time of using it, I have used the app Darknessbot and the speed seems to work when connected to that app, I have an Iphone,  and I have tried to use other Iphones but its the same issue with all the phones, so I am not sure what is wrong. The same thing happens with the energy consumption. I have attached some screen shots. This is a bit annoying but not not the end of the world. I would like to get it to work.

The other thing that is happening is that when I turn the wheel tips forward significantly. I have tried to re calibrate it and it seems to be a bit better but then it happens again after a few sharper turns.   I have been reading and it seems that the wheel should not do that, is that correct? Is there anything else that I can do to stop it from happening that you know of? 

Thanks a lot.

IMG_1929.PNG

IMG_1923.PNG

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dini said:

The other thing that is happening is that when I turn the wheel tips forward significantly. I have tried to re calibrate it and it seems to be a bit better but then it happens again after a few sharper turns.   I have been reading and it seems that the wheel should not do that, is that correct? Is there anything else that I can do to stop it from happening that you know of? 

Yes - that is an issue. According to inmotion, they are working on it. 

But it takes already too long for a new fw version :mellow:

8 hours ago, Dini said:

You need to do a "Turning and Forwarding Adjustment." It is under "Vehicle Correction" and called "Turning and Forwarding Adjustment" on IOS. Make sure that your V10 is perpendicular to the ground before correction. As shown here:https://image.ibb.co/cU649J/140_B78_D5_31_E5_4561_9162_4_D4_F49_EA2779.png)"

10 hours ago, JerryR said:

You need to do a "Turning and Forwarding Adjustment." It is under "Vehicle Correction" and called "Turning and Forwarding Adjustment" on IOS. Make sure that your V10 is perpendicular to the ground before correction. As shown here:https://image.ibb.co/cU649J/140_B78_D5_31_E5_4561_9162_4_D4_F49_EA2779.png)"

This won't help. The problem is due to programming faults. Thta was the info of @Bobwheel

2 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

This won't help. The problem is due to programming faults. Thta was the info of @Bobwheel

Are you talking about both items? I agree that the current iOS app doesn't show current speed or speed control setting on the main page, but the "Turning and Forwarding Adjustment" seems to work and keeps the wheel from tipping forward while turning. At least it did for my V10F after I recently upgraded the firmware to 2.2.28

It would be nice for the iOS app to be fixed though. Another annoying issue with it is when I go to Vehicle Information, it disconnects from Bluetooth. 

I've been MIA for a while due to starting a new job, but I had a nice chance to ride my V10f this past weekend and it was smoooooth. :thumbup:.

I forgot how much fun it is to ride this wheel. I know this thread (and therefore wheel) gets a lot of negative attention, but I am super happy with my purchase. 

Honestly if it weren't for all the posts on here, I wouldn't know of any of the supposed issues and just happily be riding my wheel. Obviously, it is always better to know these things, but I do think a large majority of the population would really like this wheel.

Unfortunately, I have yet to get it waterproofed but it's not super high priority because it doesn't rain too often in NorCal. I threw away the box when I was moving houses a few months ago, so I haven't been able to ship it down. I'm actually in LA fairly often to visit my parents, so I was thinking about trying to hand deliver it sometime in the next couple of months.

I was also considering switching it out for the Tesla, but I don't know if I'd be willing to give up the large and high pedals, the 2.5 inch wheel, or the very bright headlight. The pads are also very comfortable to ride.

Any other happy V10f owners out there?? :confused1:

• Like 1