New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

3 minutes ago, Nils said:

Thanks for the info. Do you have any idea what the second batch here refers to - wheels shipped after May 5th or eWheel's second batch coming in now?  I'm still waiting for confirmation on exactly what batch/date my wheel comes from, but should I luck out and have a later wheel with a stronger seal I'm wondering if it has the enclosure or whether it's still a good idea to have a look at sealing the battery further.

My AliExpress seller knew nothing about the water issue when I asked FWIW, so waiting for him to be in contact with InMotion China and report back..

Apparently there were two production runs for eWheels. One in May and one in June I think.

Ask the Alibaba seller if they will provide the encasement if its not already there. The V8 encasement looks pretty easy as an assembly for a DIY. Looks like a handful of screws to keep the encasement together and some silicone to seal the space where the wires come out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I hope you were being sarcastic. First adopters rarely get a finished product in any first release no matter what the industry. I knew what I was in for. I am holding up my end of the agreement, and now they need to fulfill theirs too.

No I wasn't being sarcastic. When you buy something when it first comes out like this from a non trivial company, you would expect it was ready for release to the consumers with all the bugs worked out. Sorry but I have only been riding for 1.5 years and the NB1 C+ was my first wheel which had no issues.

4 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

all the bugs worked out. Sorry but I have only been riding for 1.5 years and the NB1 C+ was my first wheel which had no issues.

Yes, but the fact that it was the C+ model presupposes that the kinks were worked out on the C models before that one. It was not a first release of the product and you seem to have benefitted well from it.

i got a ninebot 1a1 and had to send it back due to a bad lipo battery. Yes, it was one of their first runs at LiPo batteries in their vehicles.

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Technically, it's an animated GIF. Certainly no worse than the animated profile of your fellow Canadian @Hunka Hunka Burning Love :)

You are oblivious to basic online etiquette.  You are the guy with his phone on speaker talking loudly in a crowded public space.  

If you were capable of feeling embarrassed, you would be.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mezzanine said:

You are oblivious to basic online etiquette.  You are the guy with his phone on speaker talking loudly in a crowded public space.  

:blink: :(

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Let's keep this forum a friendly place and set good examples for one another.

Exactly! No further comment needed. (Did I just comment on that?!) ?

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

You can hide signatures.

32 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Can we hide users? <_<

29 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

You can put them on an ignore list :) 

Send Marty a :efeeec645d: message.

44051090972_c16acdd9ef_b.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Stay tuned for more details on DIY kits along with more detailed instructions. Of course customers are still welcome to send wheels to us for the fix. 

Again the question: Why for instance does Inmotion Iberia don't know anything about this issues?

Does Inmotion China cook their own soup?

Things seem to be more than strange.

I want to be a customer of inmotion USA :) - or in other words: I want my V10 F fixed!

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

@Jeffrey Scott Will so, do u know why that wheel caught on fire or can u not talk about it? 

i’m sure everybody is somewhat concerned theirs might do the same. 

i apologize if i missed the whole fire explanation if there was one.

I don't know enough about that situation to comment on the cause, so I don't want to speculate. I can say it wasn't one of our (InMotion USA) customers and it's the only case I know of. But this is one of the reasons we are taking the fix very seriously and are making sure everyone gets sealed up. Best thing to do is not ride your V10 in wet conditions until you get properly sealed. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

I don't know enough about that situation to comment on the cause, so I don't want to speculate. I can say it wasn't one of our (InMotion USA) customers and it's the only case I know of. But this is one of the reasons we are taking the fix very seriously and are making sure everyone gets sealed up. Best thing to do is not ride your V10 in wet conditions until you get properly sealed. 

ok. thanks. when u do know and can talk, u know all of us, including different brand owners  wanna know, what u find out.

kinda small fraternity of red headed step children here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mezzanine said:

Technically Mezzanine was correct. Hunkas gif is of a Lego dude in a steel mill. I think a little got lost in the syntax of ettiquette. In America ettiquette has a much more liberal less delineated meaning than the usage in Europe. In America we are free to have the “hey look at me, look at me, hey over here look at me, right here, here I am again look, look” signature because we can technically do it.

I also think it is perfectly fine for Mezzanine to point it out and laugh at it, since it is an obvious call for attention. Sorry Marty I think Mezzanine is doing you a little bit of a favor here.

Lol Its kind of like me wearing a lovely orange shirt because I like the feel of the fabric, but it mystifyingly gives me enormous back boobage. Sure it may be considered kind for people to not laugh at my back cleavage, even my Mother, but it is also kind for someone to let me know what I really look like in it from someone elses selfie from behind me. Not that I would know or anything, but still...:lol:  i mean if it just went by once, it would be okay, but over and over and over. It is comical, and I dont think its mean of Mezzanine to point it out. It may be Bad ettiquette the way he did it though. Someone call Emily Post!

Since i've always had the signatures turned off i guess i missed out on a lot, but i still say WTF.  Battery fires, late shipments, electrical & electronic engineering issues, water ingress issues, component quality issues, (that's just the bad news :)), and we're fighting about GIFs?  

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Since i've always had the signatures turned off i guess i missed out on a lot, but i still say WTF.  Battery fires, late shipments, electrical & electronic engineering issues, water ingress issues, component quality issues, (that's just the bad news :)), and we're fighting about GIFs?  

Lol I was just sticking up for poor @mezzanine , who I felt was being ganged up on. Now we are just waiting for the fix.

I rode my V10 today up a 2500 ft hill in the mid 80’s afternoon sun. @maltocs invited me to join him on his ride to the highest point in Los Angeles. Mt Lookum. Lookem out for the video later...The baby did fine. We got up to 70°C as measured on WheelLog 2.14 . The V10 really is a fantastic trail unicycle. The tire and the torque and the high pedals allow one to go into larger gulleys and over larger rocks without getting physically stuck. Fortunately InMotion still has to be measured against rivals like Ninebot/ Segway and Gotway. So I predict that the Company will have a fix for the InMotion Overload issue by the end of fall, having addressed this issue more efficiently.

Edited by Stan Onymous
  • Like 3