New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

On 8/4/2018 at 1:34 AM, Michael Vu said:

Haven't been following this thread nor did I see the important message from Inmotion about wet weather. Luckily I was contacted by Inmotion USA directly over the phone who told me about the wet weather issue. Interestingly enough my V10F has been in damp but not wet weather and have not had any issues (including no overloading issues). It's disappointing that these issues are coming out but at least Inmotion is taking active steps to correct it.

Hey Michael, I can atest to the Overload situation. It was on a hil that I did on my v8 with no problems, so it is odd. It would be nice to get it fixed. Oh the firmware updates were the only times I got problems. When I was riding the original firmware it was a blast to ride. Now its a dustmeter for my house.

On the water ingress, I have been out in the rain, ironic for L.A., and had no problems whatsoever. I am betting it is a speaker wire thats the possible channel. Like I said, not enough rain in my case, pun intended, so it may be for drenching rains more than showers and puddles.

So far they are on top of it, but it remains to be seen what they will do about it. :whistling: 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2018 at 10:11 AM, UniVehje said:

[..] I bought directly from them although I life in Finland [..]

As an aside, I remember checking that at the time but without being able to order directly from them. I checked again today and can indeed only see shipping within US as an option? Perhaps they've changed things.

6 minutes ago, Rok Tomažin said:

Is this unusual power button behavior? I was driving in rain on multiple occasions.

better be safe than sorry...

Edited by US69

15 minutes ago, Rok Tomažin said:

Is this unusual power button behavior? I was driving in rain on multiple occasion

Hmm, can't really say, but I can reproduce anything similar on mine now when trying it (assuming you mean the initial flickering of the power display?). Did it behave the same with a full charge?

13 minutes ago, Nils said:

Hmm, can't really say, but I can reproduce anything similar on mine now when trying it (assuming you mean the initial flickering of the power display?). Did it behave the same with a full charge?

Going back to the advisory posted here they talk about "Strange behavior in the battery light indicator next to the power button" so I guess this may qualify  :(. The advisory is frustratingly short on details though. Hopefully other owners can chime and say whether they've seen this, but until then it's probably sage advise from @US69 to be better safe than sorry (and get in contact with Inmotion USA if you bought from them or your dealer if you can) - I hope everything works out well and quickly.

Edited by Nils
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rok Tomažin said:

Yes this colorfull flickering :) Its happening always no matter what charge level is.

Yeah, thats how its always been for mine. All the InMotions have a different start pressure or amount of time to press the button to start them, so I have always noticed that. Its a real rough problem to have, HA!

Will your vehicle have other faults that are unconnected? Maybe... But that is not from riding in the rain, since mine did that before it was ridden in the rain. For a while the top circumferencial light around the full power read out would be missing parts, but I think that was showing power level some how.

More importantly is how does it ride?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rok Tomažin said:

Is this unusual power button behavior? I was driving in rain on multiple occasions.

That is completely normal.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nils said:

As an aside, I remember checking that at the time but without being able to order directly from them. I checked again today and can indeed only see shipping within US as an option? Perhaps they've changed things.

I think they accidentally allowed to pre-order to other countries. I didn’t know how the company worked and just followed their link and pre-ordered and paid the deposit to my address. They were kind enough to follow through and arranged a special page for me that allowed me to do the final order and got the wheel shipped directly from the factory to Finland. I thought that was really good service from them. :thumbup:

I’m assuming normally European customers should order from somewhere else. I wish there were InMotion Europe also or just one company representing globally. The team at InMotion USA clearly does the best job at running their marketing and customer relations. The product from a Chinese factory is having some teething issues but their brand management is doing everything right. If they get all the remaining issued ironed out, this will be a killer combination. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Yeah, thats how its always been for mine. All the InMotions have a different start pressure or amount of time to press the button to start them, so I have always noticed that. Its a real rough problem to have, HA!

The power / lights button operations of the V10F is not particularly a friend of mine I have to say, you have to press the button just the right amount of time to get it power up. To little and it'll just blimp and won't power on, too much and you're powering it on with lights.. :P But it seems like this is an Inmotion trait then, but I'm wondering why not just to use long press for powering on/off and short press for lights.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nils said:

The power / lights button operations of the V10F is not particularly a friend of mine I have to say, you have to press the button just the right amount of time to get it power up. To little and it'll just blimp and won't power on, too much and you're powering it on with lights.. :P But it seems like this is an Inmotion trait then, but I'm wondering why not just to use long press for powering on/off and short press for lights.

Short press turns it off. I don't understand why it isn't a long press..... Maybe to turn it off quickly if out of control or malfunction?

Hi V10F riders,

can anybody verify the bug in 2.2.8 on classic mode with max speed 36 km/h? Setup speed is 40 km/h. And this is not a smooth tilt as descirbed in the handbook(3° to 5° backup tilt) - this is really a hard backup tilt - comparable with out of battery!

Comfort mode does this perfectly at speed of 40 km/h

Of course, battery is more than 90% at testing!

8 hours ago, maltocs said:

Bottom line is 100C on the heatsinks IS scary. That's boiling temp. If in fact 100C is what the OVERLOAD trigger is, there is NO firmware that can fix this, the mosfets simply get too hot. I did notice that as I monitored the temperatures after the overloads, the temps drop FAST, very fast. I'm talking 15C in about a minute. This explains why I can just cycle the power and i'm good to go again. 

I was thinking, I'm NOT an engineer, just an end user tester, so i don't know what is the working temp of mosfets or heatsinks or what is considered too hot. I was going off of a recommendation to monitor my wheellog temp on the MCM5 if it is hoovering at 80C, but then again wheellog only gets one temp on the mcm5, or I should say more accurately, the two temps, cpu and system are always the same. 

And really, who knows what this 100C number really is. Just to me, it sounds scary.

• Like 3

Heatsink getting too hot means that it can’t dissipate the heat fast enough to the outside environment (atmosphere). The Only 2 ways to fix this is larger surface area/larger heatsink or more airflow over it. No software mods can fix this. 

Edited by Harold Farrenkopf
  • Like 2