Jump to content
Pingouin

New Inmotion V10 (V8 Fast)

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

My pre-production V10F failed because of water intrusion. So maybe they thought their fix was good but in the real world, not so much.

Eddie, do some tests during your next rain :D

LOL, lucky i don't like riding in the rain or wet conditions.  

 

2 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I was in the pre-order batch and got it straight from InMotion. Maybe distributors will send a separate email to their customers later today? 

maybe i'm just hoping that the unclear communication in that email is suggesting it is new wheels only.  But looks like it means all wheels. 

 

@Jason McNeil  @Bobwheel

Please clarify which wheels are affected.  All of them?  Also what is being done to fix the wheels that customers already have.  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

My pre-production V10F failed because of water intrusion. So maybe they thought their fix was good but in the real world, not so much.

Eddie, do some tests during your next rain :D

I really don't think you should push the boundaries on this matter.

If you don't know what I am talking about, then try look st the documentary on Netflix (if you have access of course) title Super battery (Nova production).

They show both contaminated lithium battery with water and the results and if you get a punctured/squeezed damage.

It is not a laughing matter. It needs to be treated with respect.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Are you mocking us Gotway riders :laughbounce2:

Well, let's just say it's good to keep these things in perspective.:) It's not cool that the first batches are not perfect but you have to give props to how they are handling it. Not every company does it like this and it's one of the reasons I like InMotion. I do understand the reasons you like Gotway very well, I'm not trying to mock that. And I'm not exclusive with InMotion either, currently seriously considering a Gotway as my next wheel. 

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

With emphasis on being able to go 25-mph, I do think that Inmotion was pushing the V10F as a performance wheel in the same category as some of the KingSong and Gotway wheels.

Prior to the V10F there was only one KingSong (18S) going that fast, if I recall correctly. I'm just glad they are pushing the limit and keeping the other qualities as well. With the help of DarknessBot it's a 45 km/h wheel but granted only for full battery. When I will someday want to go faster, I'd like that to be on a larger than 16" wheel anyway. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for clarification. I just got my V10F back from repair. But rain is actually in Germany no issue. Dry like California!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

The weather sealing vulnerability potentially affects all wheels in customers hands right now. That's not to say every customer is having issues related to the vulnerability or that every wheel is vulnerable. But we want to be super careful about this kind of thing so we are letting everyone know. 

And yes, we are definitely going to take care of all of our customers. We will have a fix for everyone so they can confidently ride in the rain once we roll that out, but for now we ask you not do that. Anyone who actually gets water damage from this issue will also get fixed or replacement. 

 

Can you say where the weather ingress problem is and to what component?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fastmike said:

It will be nice to know what are the production dates of the concerned wheels? All?  

@Bobwheel, can you please shed some lights on this?

Many thanks

And how can we know what are the batches affected and which from which batch is a wheel built from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 440hz said:

And how can we know what are the batches affected and which from which batch is a wheel built from?

They said all the wheels built to date.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Below is a strava graph of elevation vs speed. You can see as I was approaching the peak of my climb, I was trying to go slower to avoid overloads, but i was still getting them after every minute or two. So NOT fun, esp in the 90F heat. 

IMG_0352.jpg

Great data! We can see the overheats. Looks like you got more overheats when going slower? Was the hill different there? I'm just thinking that when going slower you are effectively also reducing the fan effect from the wheel to the heatsink. Not that this makes any difference to the issue itself, it's pretty clear. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Great data! We can see the overheats. Looks like you got more overheats when going slower? Was the hill different there? I'm just thinking that when going slower you are effectively also reducing the fan effect from the wheel to the heatsink. Not that this makes any difference to the issue itself, it's pretty clear. 

I tried fast, slow, straight, twisty, daydreaming about ice cubes on the mosfets, every possible combination. Trust me, I would MUCH rather go fast than slow, I love the speed. It would overload faster. At some point I was going slow because I was on a mission to get to the top. Sadly, i gave up when I did some quick math and realize I had 10 overloads in the last mile and i still had 3 miles to go. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may have missed this but has anyone used Wheellog with the v10 yet (I understand it is now compatible)? Does it capture the heatsink temperature? I know it reports two temperatures from the V8. One aligns with the Inmotion app...the other is a bit of a mystery.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

The weather sealing vulnerability potentially affects all wheels in customers hands right now. That's not to say every customer is having issues related to the vulnerability or that every wheel is vulnerable. But we want to be super careful about this kind of thing so we are letting everyone know. 

And yes, we are definitely going to take care of all of our customers. We will have a fix for everyone so they can confidently ride in the rain once we roll that out, but for now we ask you not do that. Anyone who actually gets water damage from this issue will also get fixed or replacement. 

 

That’s great news! I empirically don‘t ride in the rain but will be pleased when this issue is finally put to rest. Any ideas if the fix be a customer DIY project or are you expecting all of the V10Fs you supplied to be shipped back to your facility for the seal upgrade? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Thanks for clarification. I just got my V10F back from repair. But rain is actually in Germany no issue. Dry like California!

The issue is that with people taking care of their gardens, wet roads are very common in Summer...

The second impact of that is, if that sealing is not perfect, we can assume that some heat was able to get out somehow. But once sealed complete, overheat might be worse...   🙄

Edited by Fastmike
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems my v10f problem with the rim hit comes worsen. I been talking with the inmotion post sale department and they proposed a engine replacement for what I get a 400€ bill.

They didn't assume the costs because is my blame for using it like they show in his promo:

And this is the result when I ride the same (with my 60kg of weight and 38 years old):

 

Screenshot_2018-08-03-13-29-32-120_com.google.android.youtube.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

60kg is light... bending a rim with that weight is worrying me! What tire pressure were you running at?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @all,

 

I got my V10F back from repair -> mainboard changed. Problem is, the wheel goes into 'forward tilt' position. When you change the pedal positioning to +8° (forward tilt - the maximum possible in Android App) and add another 5° in mind,  than you get about the forward tilt position of my V10F, when I'm doing 360° turns or more respectively on wide curves.

Riding the wheel for instance 10 km only in 'slalom cruising' mode - no problems at all.This is really annoying. My V5F runs on exact the same route perfectly. Anybody an idea?

I tend to give back the V10F to the dealer. This forward tilt is dangerous especially on inclines doing turns - it throws you off to the front. Due to the fact that I'm expecting something to happen, I'm leaving the wheel without getting injured.I tried everything out - body calibrations, FW updates and so on - it stays always the same. Is this normal, a bug or a feature?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hi @all,

 

I got my V10F back from repair -> mainboard changed. Problem is, the wheel goes into 'forward tilt' position. When you change the pedal positioning to +8° (forward tilt - the maximum possible in Android App) and add another 5° in mind,  than you get about the forward tilt position of my V10F, when I'm doing 360° turns or more respectively on wide curves.

Riding the wheel for instance 10 km only in 'slalom cruising' mode - no problems at all.This is really annoying. My V5F runs on exact the same route perfectly. Anybody an idea?

I tend to give back the V10F to the dealer. This forward tilt is dangerous especially on inclines doing turns - it throws you off to the front. Due to the fact that I'm expecting something to happen, I'm leaving the wheel without getting injured.I tried everything out - body calibrations, FW updates and so on - it stays always the same. Is this normal, a bug or a feature?

Just to be sure did you run the calibration?

Edited by Fastmike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hi @all,

 

I got my V10F back from repair -> mainboard changed. Problem is, the wheel goes into 'forward tilt' position. When you change the pedal positioning to +8° (forward tilt - the maximum possible in Android App) and add another 5° in mind,  than you get about the forward tilt position of my V10F, when I'm doing 360° turns or more respectively on wide curves.

Riding the wheel for instance 10 km only in 'slalom cruising' mode - no problems at all.This is really annoying. My V5F runs on exact the same route perfectly. Anybody an idea?

I tend to give back the V10F to the dealer. This forward tilt is dangerous especially on inclines doing turns - it throws you off to the front. Due to the fact that I'm expecting something to happen, I'm leaving the wheel without getting injured.I tried everything out - body calibrations, FW updates and so on - it stays always the same. Is this normal, a bug or a feature?

Oh no! Did you recalibrate?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

60kg is light... bending a rim with that weight is worrying me! What tire pressure were you running at?

I'm using the factory default pressure of 2.8 bar as recommended by inmotion. Maybe something less due the use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maltocs said:

Oh no! Did you recalibrate?

OF course. I'm doing that in the meantime 'on the fly' 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

This forward tilt is dangerous especially on inclines doing turns 

I get the same tilt behaviour every time after calibrating it. I'm start to regret buying the v10f

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×