New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

52 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

After a week break from the V10F I do have to clarify my position about my love for the InMotion vehicle. If I didnt love it, it would be for sale in the Private Sales section of this forum. I do love it, and because I do, I want to be able to Sing its Praises to other riders. Unfortunately the Overload situation prevents me from doing this because it will be like salt in their wounds if they are over 180lbs and buy it on my recommendation.

I am not a shill for any company and dont make Loyalty to Company decisions that may effect other reviewers. So when I see a fault in a product I have no problems being honest to myself and the Company about their vehicles since I can buy and borrow any vehicle they have without worrying about them loaning me their next vehicle. It is a value that these Companies and fans of these companies should notice when it comes to the Quality Control of their products more so than their Marketing strategies.

So last night when I hopped on my V10F it was under 85°F so I knew it would be okay for me to smile as big as I wanted since I only weigh 150lbs. Indeed smiles were in order when I was asked at the Smoke shop how I liked it. I pointed to my SMILE, which was prominently displayed across my face. When I rode over something that sounded like jewelry left in the road I thought to myself - I wonder if that was a diamond ring- did I stop riding to find out? Nope, the ride was too much fun to stop and backtrack. Onward. When the hoodlums under the bridge at the river wanted to get a look, was I fearful? Nopes, I was proud to explain to them the extraordinary machine that was lighting up the night, like the bright orange full Moon rising over the horizon. Finally when I made it home and saw my neighbor who had a broken leg and was on the sidewalk did he smile listening to the Reggae music blasting out of the V10F speakers? Most definately he did.

When the V10F behaves it is like the best friend ever! Which is why it is such a disappointment when it OVERLOADs. It is a nagging buyers remorse syndrome inspired by the Company instead of by the purchaser. This is the big insult then when it remains un-fixed, and that is why I am upset about it. I have faith in InMotion to fix it. I hope InMotion has enough faith in we the purchasers to fix it as well.

I did pull the trigger initially on v10F, but then I tried both v10 and ks18L, and found them to be very similar in size and behavior.

Then I saw the early adopters reviews with overload issues, and had an opportunity to switch my order, which I did. 

KS18L also has some customers with issue, but the power part seems to be much more mastered. MsuperX and KS18L use T0-247 mosfet vs T0-220 for v10F.

I am a big INMOTION fan, so I really hope they fix their issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, em1barns said:

I did pull the trigger initially on v10F, but then I tried both v10 and ks18L, and found them to be very similar in size and behavior.

Then I saw the early adopters reviews with overload issues, and had an opportunity to switch my order, which I did. 

KS18L also has some customers with issue, but the power part seems to be much more mastered. MsuperX and KS18L use T0-247 mosfet vs T0-220 for v10F.

Well, now I have both and will be making a comparison and a review later this week or next depending on my ability to crank up the mileage on the KS18L. I will also see if the V10F cover fits... oh wait, I can do that now.    Yes it does, but you will have to cut the fabric at the fenders to get it to fit without rubbing. 

Its too hot for mine to wear its jacket in summer, but in winter, I may give it a try.

• Like 1

Hi @Nils - well done description of not only your but also my KS16 >> VS10F experiance. 

On 7/28/2018 at 9:36 PM, Nils said:

After the short test ride I upgraded the firmware to 2.2.8 and had another quick ride in comfort mode. I found this to be a welcome improvement compared to the previous version, since I got more torque and responsive acceleration which I like. 

I still ride with Firmware 1.1.6 out of the box and didn't upgrade so far. I have no overload issues climbing hills or mountains - however I get overheat warnings when driving fast on flat terrain (e.g. twice today!). My max. speed was 34-36 km/h - but I think the aggressive warning sounds are due to the 35 °C today. Could you please explain why you feel that firmware 2.2.8 offers more torque than 1.1.7? I am still hesitant doing the upgrade because I don't want to get overload issues climbing mountains...

As for range: Today I did a 97 km ride and still had 10% battery charge :thumbup:

OK - to be honest:  After 55 km, Inmotion App showed 34%, WheelLog showed 26% battery charge, Avg: 25,6 km/h, Max: 36 km/h. Then I recharged (:P) up to 90% and did another 42 km, Inmotion App showed 21%, WheelLog showed 10%, Avg: 23,5 km/h, Max: 34 km/h. My weight is 76 kg. However, the road surface was so bumpy at times that after 55 km the physical condition of my knees doing all the "suspension" work were in for a break - I could hardly walk after getting off my wheel... 

Edited by Gunthor
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Well, now I have both and will be making a comparison and a review later this week or next depending on my ability to crank up the mileage on the KS18L. I will also see if the V10F cover fits... oh wait, I can do that now.    Yes it does, but you will have to cut the fabric at the fenders to get it to fit without rubbing. 

Its too hot for mine to wear its jacket in summer, but in winter, I may give it a try.

I did think about purchasing and cutting the v10 cover. Where did you buy it, cannot find it on AliExpress yet.

1 minute ago, em1barns said:

I did think about purchasing and cutting the v10 cover. Where did you buy it, cannot find it on AliExpress yet.

I got mine free from my eWheels purchase, but @Jason McNeil made a deal with InMotion to get them, so I would check with InMotion Europe to see if they have them in their store, or pay the shipping and Vat from the good ole USA. I have not seen them on Alibaba, but wasnt looking for it there either.

2 hours ago, em1barns said:

Why the hell InMotion engineers have choosen the oldest components both for battery and for Mosfet for their 'flagship'??? It does not make any sense except for a 'suicide'?

I am going to get my V10 this week but so frustrated already to get that crap when I was expecting one of the top EUC on the market... very disapointing!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Gunthor said:

however I get overheat warnings when driving fast on flat terrain (e.g. twice today!). My max. speed was 34-36 km/h - but I think the aggressive warning sounds are due to the 35 °C today. ...

My weight is 76 kg. ...

Overheating on flat terrain with a 76Kg user??? This is getting worse! 35°C in more than common in Summer. What is that wheel built for? Going downhill in autumn, but not if it rains?  ?

5 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Don't you have any tax on the wheels?

I feel a bit like a cow..... milked. In Germany they are starting selling the V10F for 1790 € - thats about 2050 $.......

You are paying for social services for all the recent new Germans. Germany is an expensive place. Mercs are cheaper in Germany from what I have seen.

11 hours ago, dw8928 said:

You are paying for social services for all the recent new Germans. Germany is an expensive place. Mercs are cheaper in Germany from what I have seen.

Let's enjoy our expensive 'toy'!

Edited by Fastmike

2 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

They did ruin our country and now they are going to ruin yours...   sad!

I live across the street from a Somali family. One of their sons is in jail awaiting trial for executing/murdering someone and trying to murder 4 or 5 other people in three different shooting incidents. He was arrested with 'cop killer' style bullets in his new handgun. I have actually testified that I witnessed him in the getaway vehicle and now his family is pissed off at me. (shocking)

So, hence, I need an EUC that doesn't let me down when I need to run like hell !! 

Ironically, I was a criminal defense lawyer for many years and made quite a bit of money helping our misunderstood criminal defendants, including murder cases, on many occasions. Hence, I will be riding my EUC and carrying a concealed weapon. 

8 hours ago, Mystic Traveller said:

"That's an EcoDrift company based n Moscow, btw, you may have seen some videos from them here (I saw) - they sell a lot

of stuff like EUCs, bikes, Segways, etc. Sorry it's in Russian as they work only here AFAIK.

https://ecodrift.ru/"

I've never done business with the Russians, though I have always wanted to. Do you find ordering things from Russia/Russians to be safe and honest? As in, am I actually going to be dealt with honestly?

Edited by Guest
spelling

1 hour ago, Gunthor said:

I still ride with Firmware 1.1.6 out of the box and didn't upgrade so far. I have no overload issues climbing hills or mountains - however I get overheat warnings when driving fast on flat terrain (e.g. twice today!). My max. speed was 34-36 km/h - but I think the aggressive warning sounds are due to the 35 °C today. Could you please explain why you feel that firmware 2.2.8 offers more torque than 1.1.7? I am still hesitant doing the upgrade because I don't want to get overload issues climbing mountains...

Well, bear in mind that I only had a shorter ride before upgrading, so take what I say with a grain of salt. That being said I experienced a distinct difference in responsiveness going from the original firmware to 2.2.8 and comfort mode, i.e. the wheel responded faster and more aggressive. Perhaps the same effect could be achieved in some other way with the older firmware though, e.g. by adjusting pedal sensitivity or something else - I didn't spend enough time with it to say. If the older firmware works well for you then perhaps you should stay on it if you're worried about the overload issue. Personally I chose to forge ahead as the problem now appears to me as being not so much about firmware as about hardware and staying on an old firmware version forever doesn't appeal to me. If it's actually something that can be improved by firmware then I hope that Inmotion will improve things as much as possible in future revisions. At any rate I don't have enough experience with the versions that I'd like to suggest what you should do.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mystic Traveller said:

It does not seem to be much less expensive, including shipping, than what can be acquired from eWheels.

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 1.51.57 PM.png

1 hour ago, dw8928 said:

As in, am I actually going to be dealt with honestly?

I wouldn't consider this from the point of being Russian, or French, or dunno, German. :)

This EcoDrift company  - I can tell about them only having heard comments from their other customers

at the Russian EUC forum, mostly their feedback is positive. 

I bought my V10F from the local reseller which it turn got it from this distributor - also so far so good.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fastmike said:

Why the hell InMotion engineers have choosen the oldest components both for battery and for Mosfet for their 'flagship'??? It does not make any sense except for a 'suicide'?

They are not old components. LG MH1 batteries are already used on v8 and INMOTION is procuring batteries that can be sourced easily not to delay any production.

The top end batteries used by some KS and gotway wheels have slightly higher capacities, but are sometimes in shortage due to high demand.

As for the mosfets, it’s more a question of design and sizing. TO-247 are much more expensive, and beyond price, they may have undersized mosfet/heatsink for the system.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, dw8928 said:

what can be acquired from eWheels.

AFAIK, KS18L as well as V10F aren't in stock here currently - the first batches have been sold out.

I bought mine from the first delivery  - 60 or 80 wheels were ordered from China, now they are waiting for the second

batch. And I read that this summer the Chinese manufacturers made life of the distributor here more complicated - 

it has to prepay the next order.

33 minutes ago, Mystic Traveller said:

AFAIK, KS18L as well as V10F aren't in stock here currently - the first batches have been sold out.

I bought mine from the first delivery  - 60 or 80 wheels were ordered from China, now they are waiting for the second

batch. And I read that this summer the Chinese manufacturers made life of the distributor here more complicated - 

it has to prepay the next order.

I feel like I am working to find the right reliable wheel and then having to shelve the decision for 2 months waiting for it. Then realizing from feedback that the wheel has problems. Hopefully the Z10 doesn't have issues crop up because that is my current order.

Maybe a new Boosted Stealth is in order? I really need this for transportation and it has to work.

24 minutes ago, dw8928 said:

Boosted Stealth

I haven't yet seen this model here for sale.

24 minutes ago, dw8928 said:

the Z10 doesn't have issues crop up because that is my current order.

Hope so too, I saw just today that now they were going to start producing Z10's in 10th -20th of Aug

but again 9Bot already shifted those timelines several times.

Edited by Mystic Traveller

17 minutes ago, Mystic Traveller said:

I haven't yet seen this model here for sale.

Hope so too, I saw just today that now they were going to start producing Z10's in 10th -20th of Aug

but again 9Bot already shifted those timelines several times.

Boosted Stealth is an electric skateboard.

1 hour ago, JerryR said:

If I was in Southern California, in 90 F., and doing long and steep, uphill off-roading, my experience (and opinion) might be different. But DAMN, this V10F is one nice machine. I ride it every day and rarely use my car any longer. Seattle is great that way in that everything is pretty much within a 5-mile radius.

That Z10 is an awesome looking wheel though. I'd love to be able to test drive one. But in the meantime, I don't feel "cheated" by the V10F in any way.

Well, you forgot to include be over 200 lbs and then maybe a little cheated. I suppose I could move to Seattle but I'd feel cheated by the 159 days of rain you guys get every year. ?

• Upvote 2