New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Just to get the record straight: the battery case was developed and produced by InMotion. The initial idea put forth by InMotion was to first supply the silicone sealant fix.  However, InMotion USA and eWheels have been talking since the incident about what to do for all of our customers. We all agreed we wanted to take it a step further and since the battery case is now available, we will include it as part of the fix we are rolling out. 

Stay tuned for more details on DIY kits along with more detailed instructions. Of course customers are still welcome to send wheels to us for the fix. 

I'm both honored, excited, and yet a little sad that my off-hours political theorizing was 'dangerous' enough to invoke a response from an InMotion rep, who I'm sure is already super stressed addressing so many of his customers in a small team, as he said. Sorry but thanks for the clarification, I guess? :blink:  Either way I'm relieved the battery issue will hopefully (knock on wood) be a thing of the past, so that's one less customer reaching out through the InMotion official channels about how to handle my order. :thumbup:

Edited by Glitched

8 hours ago, mezzanine said:

You are oblivious to basic online etiquette.  You are the guy with his phone on speaker talking loudly in a crowded public space.  

If you were capable of feeling embarrassed, you would be.  

I REMOVED MY SIGNATURE SO THAT YOU WILL NO LONGER BE OFFENDED BY MY LACK OF NETIQUETTE  :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

You don’t have to yell it!  

DONT MESS WITH MARTY’S PASSION! Lol

I did enjoy the distraction and it did keep me from sharing my story of how we lost video of me launching out of a drainage gulley and into a bush on the side of the hill. That and the fact that I am not thinking of my V10F trying to murder me by having an overload on a steep trail next to a rattlesnake, or the joy of sleeping soundly while the V10F plots to burn down my house, cats and all after a sprinkler ride on a hot day while I sleep in noxious slumber.

wait, now I want the Where’s Marty Gif. Can you load it on a topic page for us to view and give thumbs up?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

You obviously didn't pick up on my sarcasm, deploying the use of all caps with the word netiquette. Or did you :lol:  It was my final dig at Mezzanine before adding him to my Ignored list (he's too much of a killjoy for my tastes).

Should mods be allowed to ignore people? 

Not to compare you to Trump, but he was barred from blocking people on Twitter :D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'd give up my Mod status just so I don't have to be brought down by Mez anymore. Same with the trolls who comment on my YouTube videos. I just don't need the negativity in my life :D

This kind of negativity is called “affection”.

(Example) When my girlfriend says to me: I hate you! I try to convince myself that it might have a different meaning as when my mother shouts it to my father once in a while. ? 

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

I think it was just distracting reading your post with you wizzing by:)

I loved the wizzing by! ... and I already miss it. ? 

it’s such a shame: nails that stick out a little always get hammered. I like things sticking out. ?

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I'd give up my Mod status just so I don't have to be brought down by Mez anymore. Same with the trolls who comment on my YouTube videos. I just don't need the negativity in my life :D

I can feel with you. It is always on all forums (I'm in resp. I know) the same: People with high activity and know how are attacked by a few writers. In a way, that people like you, Marty, do feel bad.

That is not necessary - don't hesitate to put these people on your ignore list. That is, what I'm doing on my 'baby forum' - and nearly all that negative is gone!

So keep up in writing - and let us participate in your contributions and videos. Thanks for that - Marty.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You obviously didn't pick up on my sarcasm, deploying the use of all caps with the word netiquette. Or did you :lol:  It was my final dig at Mezzanine before adding him to my Ignored list (he's too much of a killjoy for my tastes).

I did get the sarcasm. Didn’t you get mine?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This forum doesn’t have real trolls. I run a Facebook group called Bad Drivers in Sarnia & News with almost 8000 members. I’ve learned to ignore lots of stuff these days. Who comments on YouTube these days? I rarely do these days. I may post to YouTube just the share it on Facebook. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I hear you Marty! I was kindly offered the mod job last year but respectfully declined just because of the negativity that can accompany that status level. I had plenty of it during the first EUC video talent contest that truly soured my appetite to sponsor another. Hang in there buddy! :cheers:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Animation-Imp said:

On the french forum espritroue.fr there's some new information on the issue.

One of the users was contacted by his reseller to check the serial number of his wheel. His wheel is also affected and is recalled by inmotion.

His reseller stated all serial numbers (on the barcode under the tire) starting with 124 are from the first batch and are to be recalled.

@Animation-Imp Thanks a lot for the information! And welcome to the forum as a registered user. :)

1 hour ago, Animation-Imp said:

First post, been lurking here and on the french forum for a while as I'm interested in buying a v10f. 

On the french forum espritroue.fr there's some new information on the issue.

One of the users was contacted by his reseller to check the serial number of his wheel. His wheel is also affected and is recalled by inmotion.

His reseller stated all serial numbers (on the barcode under the tire) starting with 124 are from the first batch and are to be recalled.

Inmotion France seems to have not sold any first batch wheels, they have waited for the revised units. Might also be the reason almost no users of the french  forum report issues, including the overheating issue.

Thank you for the information!

From the get-go we've been pining for more information about the vulnerability and what wheels are affected, and it's only of late that we're getting some good information it seems (getting information it's like pulling teeth, frustrating!). So, wheels shipped after May 5th, or alternatively now with this information all wheels with a serial starting with anything greater than 124 are from later batches. Can anyone confirm the serial number thing? E.g. everyone who bought a wheel from InMotion USA or from eWheels should then have a serial starting with 124,  does this match? This is a very simple piece of information to provide from InMotion's side, so if true it's frustrating that it takes so long for it to get out.

About the overload issue I would be surprised if this was addressed in later batches, as it seems like something that would have come to light before. It's still true I think that most users won't have overload problems (they been mostly reported in hot conditions with long and relatively steep climbs). But then, communication hasn't really worked well so far so who knows.. :(

Edited by Nils
  • Like 1

What also would be helpfull is a disassembly video of a v10f from the latest batches, so we can verify that the water Ingress issue has been dealt with.

Let's hope someone with a recent wheel and a camera needs to change a tire soon ?.

At the moment I'm not confident investing in a v10f is a good idea...

I've been looking at the market since the v5f+ was the holy grail of euc's. Every time I'm on the verge of jumping in, a new development is just around the corner. Should've bought a v8 a year and a half ago ?.

6 minutes ago, Animation-Imp said:

What also would be helpfull is a disassembly video of a v10f from the latest batches, so we can verify that the water Ingress issue has been dealt with.

Let's hope someone with a recent wheel and a camera needs to change a tire soon ?.

At the moment I'm not confident investing in a v10f is a good idea...

I've been looking at the market since the v5f+ was the holy grail of euc's. Every time I'm on the verge of jumping in, a new development is just around the corner. Should've bought a v8 a year and a half ago ?.

From what I understood the new batch coming in for eWheels would have the new enclosure (and sturdier seal) already installed. It doesn't necessarily mean that the same would apply to the wheel you'd buy from your seller; perhaps they've stocked up from an earlier batch where you have sturdier seal but no enclosure.  For example, assuming your information about the serial is correct then my wheel is from a later batch which would mean a sturdier joint as I understand it, but I still don't know whether the enclosure is there or not. I'd suggest verifying with the seller that the wheel you buy has the new enclosure in place before the purchase.

Regardless, if you're interested and don't have a wheel already I think it's hard to time the perfect moment - probably best to just bite the bullet and start riding. If you like it it's unlikely to be the only wheel you buy :)

6 minutes ago, Nils said:

From what I understood the new batch coming in for eWheels would have the new enclosure (and sturdier seal) already installed. It doesn't necessarily mean that the same would apply to the wheel you'd buy from your seller; perhaps they've stocked up from an earlier batch where you have sturdier seal but no enclosure.  For example, assuming your information about the serial is correct then my wheel is from a later batch which would mean a sturdier joint as I understand it, but I still don't know whether the enclosure is there or not. I'd suggest verifying with the seller that the wheel you buy has the new enclosure in place before the purchase.

Regardless, if you're interested and don't have a wheel already I think it's hard to time the perfect moment - probably best to just bite the bullet and start riding. If you like it it's unlikely to be the only wheel you buy :)

Better not tell my wife ?

4 hours ago, Nils said:

Thank you for the information!

From the get-go we've been pining for more information about the vulnerability and what wheels are affected, and it's only of late that we're getting some good information it seems (getting information it's like pulling teeth, frustrating!). So, wheels shipped after May 5th, or alternatively now with this information all wheels with a serial starting with anything greater than 124 are from later batches. Can anyone confirm the serial number thing? E.g. everyone who bought a wheel from InMotion USA or from eWheels should then have a serial starting with 124,  does this match? This is a very simple piece of information to provide from InMotion's side, so if true it's frustrating that it takes so long for it to get out.

About the overload issue I would be surprised if this was addressed in later batches, as it seems like something that would have come to light before. It's still true I think that most users won't have overload problems (they been mostly reported in hot conditions with long and relatively steep climbs). But then, communication hasn't really worked well so far so who knows.. :(

I indeed got mine from eWheels and it does have the 124 serial number starting it off.

The overload problem is still a problem with the wheel, but I believe most of the early adopters who had the problem are either avoiding riding it in the Summer or have sold it or are waiting for the fix and riding their other EUCs. A friend of mine still has overloads. He lives on a steep hill. Not so steep that the V8 cant do it, but the V10F fails him every time he is trying to make it back home. He is only 200 lbs, so he is well within the weight range for a 2KW motor to be able to pull him up. He is riding an mcm5. It does much better getting him back up the hill and around the hills near him too.

So we are indeed waiting for the overload problem to be fixed. It will be a fix that will benefit all of us since making a vehicle better at the ends always makes it better for all if done right. I am hoping that they are taking the time to do it right. I think they will need more arm twisting and convincing that it is in their best interests to not look like a flunkie brand.

• Like 3

i have 4 brass tire extensions that came with my 4 ninebot wheels. 

i use them on my kingsong as well.

whoever thought a tube valve stem with short threads and a shoulder at the base of the threads was a good idea for my inmotion v10f, should go work for our government, u will fit in perfectly.

i wanted to get in some riding late this evening, and it took me an half hour sweating my u know what off trying to screw with that abomination of a tube valve stem.

inmotion should provide it’s owners, at the very least, a valve extension that works with their tube stem that defies any logic.

people make mistakes all the time, but to design something and ship it out knowing it was practically impossible to check the air or put air in the tube, is just rude.

so as a gesture of goodwill my suggestion to inmotion is, give ur customers a free cover and a free tube valve extension that works with their insane tube valve stem, and since some are sending their wheels back to the shop, and some have dinged theirs up, since inmotion is disassembling the whole wheel anyway, instead of putting a dinged up cover or parts back on, offer those customers a very discounted fee to refurbish. 

mine still looks like new but if it was dinged and i had to send it back for disassembly, i’d pay a little extra for new parts.

shit happens how u deal with shit is what defines ur company.

rant over, for now. and yes, i remembered how to ride it, and it was a little funky starting out.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2