New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

17 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Today I experimented with the settings and that made a huge difference. I think I found the sweet spot for me.

Pedal horizontal adjustment at 3.8

Footboard sensitivity at 2350

It feels and ride much better like this. A totally diffenet wheel. More nimble, comfortable, stable and reactive. 

I have one issue, though. I’d like it to break better. It regenerates at -500W and I’d like that to be stronger. I don’t care so much about the speed over 35 km/h. I’d rather have better acceleration and breaking. Still not bad, there’s plenty of power. ? Guys, please experiment with the full speed and acceleration in safe environment first. 

The app is great! ?

I feel like the V10F is now twice as good and fun. Finding the right settings really makes the wheel come alive. 

yes. i noticed the same thing about braking yesterday.

so  what makes the pedals the most reactive, stiffest? and what makes the footboards level at neutral?

and what is that other stuff like scv?

8 hours ago, novazeus said:

yes. i noticed the same thing about braking yesterday.

so  what makes the pedals the most reactive, stiffest? and what makes the footboards level at neutral?

and what is that other stuff like scv?

I didn’t have a level to test what setting is neutral. I just experimented what feels good.Neutral might not be the best for this wheel, but it’s a personal prefernce. I think the footboard sensitivity setting at around 4000 is stiffest. I think it’s too stiff. 

Edited by UniVehje

@Bobwheel @Jeffrey Scott Will 

Love the new app, but it seems the sound customization was never fixed from back in the early V5 days. The max speed warning is too loud for every sound package, please fix!

(and it would be nice to create custom sound packages from computer files, as recording anything past 1sec and uploading has never worked for me on all 3 models, V5, V8, and now V10, for me at least).

Edited by houseofjob
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

these might not be the best shoe for the v10f. it’s like silicone on silicone. i haven’t given up on them for the v10f, i need more wheel time. on antiskid tape, they are like velcro.

Just don't wear them in the house! I had a pair of shoes like that, they left little mud hexagons all over the place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Bobwheel @Jeffrey Scott Will 

Love the new app, but it seems the sound customization was never fixed from back in the early V5 days. The max speed warning is too loud for every sound package, please fix!

(and it would be nice to create custom sound packages from computer files, as recording anything past 1sec and uploading has never worked for me on all 3 models, V5, V8, and now V10, for me at least).

I've not experienced or heard about any bugs regarding the custom sound recording, but I'll make sure to forward that! Were you on the same phone for all of these wheels?

1 minute ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

I've not experienced or heard about any bugs regarding the custom sound recording, but I'll make sure to forward that! Were you on the same phone for all of these wheels?

This was over the years, close to and after the launch of each wheel, not remembering the exact iPhone I was on prior, but now iPhone X (have also tried on an old Samsung Galaxy S4 / Android).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

There is a negative connotation with the word primitive. You don't normally use it for things we like.  I guess it is a sign of the times, meaning we are supposed to be in an advanced time.  I think we both have different opinions of what primitive is supposed to be.  airwheel x3 would be primitive.  16S is a pretty advanced wheel.

The limited time i had to try the V10F, the only thing i didn't like about it was the pedals.  everything else was meh...

don’t u need a back up 16s. i have one that won’t turn on i’ll let go cheap.

if u speak chinese, u might get better help from kingsong. @Flora Yuan does pretty well but we still can’t get it running.

Edited by novazeus

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

don’t u need a back up 16s. i have one that won’t turn on i’ll let go cheap.

if u speak chinese, u might get better help from kingsong. @Flora Yuan does pretty well but we still can’t get it running.

How cheap?

third time is the charm. big thanks to @Flora Yuan for helping me out. it required some doing but it just goes to show if u stick with it, u will probably succeed. without this chinese software and instructions she sent me, it would still be a boat anchor. it was a lot of work but i think we all learned from this, me and flora.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I think you are angry at King Song for not supporting the wheel you bought from an unauthorized dealer.  This whole rant sounds like it to me

Amen! I don't have a King Song, Gotway or INMotion and have no allegiance to Ninebot, but I can say that rants from what I consider whiners have no effect on my selection process. If King Song lowers its price on the KS16s or if the KS18L is the same price as the V10F, then I might take my chances and buy a "Primitive" wheel from a "Mom and Pop" company with a poor app. Otherwise the Tesla looks like the best for me, followed by the ACM2 (mainly because of built-in trolley and "pretty looks") over the pricey INMotions. I want a 18" wheel which Is why I am still waiting to see the Z-line and KS18L. Right now there is only the KS18S with the small battery vs the 16" Tesla. The ACM2 is the best bang for the buck, if one is not a victim to Gotway QA. Decisions .. decisions. Marty get that stinkin ACM2 out of my head.?

Edited by Jerome
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

third time is the charm. big thanks to @Flora Yuan for helping me out. it required some doing but it just goes to show if u stick with it, u will probably succeed. without this chinese software and instructions she sent me, it would still be a boat anchor. it was a lot of work but i think we all learned from this, me and flora.

Good news.

Are you going to let the community know what the problem was and how it was fixed?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Amen! I don't have a King Song, Gotway or INMotion and have no allegiance to Ninebot, but I can say that rants from what I consider whiners have no effect on my selection process. If King Song lowers its price on the KS16s or if the KS18L is the same price as the V10F, then I might take my chances and buy a "Primitive" wheel from a "Mom and Pop" company with a poor app. Otherwise the Tesla looks like the best for me, followed by the ACM2 (mainly because of built-in trolley and "pretty looks") over the pricey INMotions. I want a 18" wheel which Is why I am still waiting to see the Z-line and KS18L. Right now there is only the KS18S with the small battery vs the 16" Tesla. The ACM2 is the best bang for the buck, if one is not a victim to Gotway QA. Decisions .. decisions. Marty get that stinkin ACM2 out of my head.?

So you are commenting on v10 thread just to say you will buy anything but INMOTION, what an interesting contribution... No allegiance maybe, rather a new hater?

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Good news.

Are you going to let the community know what the problem was and how it was fixed?

so i guess kingsong was having problems with the rollout of new firmware and pulledd the plug or was fiddling around with it right in the middle of my upgrade. so the wheel just locks when u power on, no lights, nothing except the wheel is hard to roll. if i opened the app, it would find the wheel and say it connected and act like it wanted tocontinue the upgrade but nothing would happen. so flora sent me some engineer app she called it, pretty much all chinese, and it couldn’t find the wheel, but it found my pebble watch just fine, so then i knew the wheel wasn’t connecting to anything. i held down the bluetooth button, and nothing happen to let u know bluetooth turned on, but it did and i was able to reflash everything. them i was able to connect to the app and do the firmware upgrade. ftnny thing is, as flora and i were messaging, i’d was experimenting different things and figured it out and i’m telling flora, hey i figured it out and i’m updating the firmware now and she was like oh firmware 1.05 update isn’t out yet and i just finished installing it. i hoping it’s just a language thing.  nice having that engineers app downloaded. i think it works on their whole product line. now that i have this software tool, i feel different about kingsong. communication is everything.

this reflash might fix my battery voltage problem.if it does, i’ll reflash the 18s.

• Like 3

so i guess kingsong was having problems with the rollout of new firmware and pulledd the plug or was fiddling around with it right in the middle of my upgrade. so the wheel just locks when u power on, no lights, nothing except the wheel is hard to roll. if i opened the app, it would find the wheel and say it connected and act like it wanted tocontinue the upgrade but nothing would happen. so flora sent me some engineer app she called it, pretty much all chinese, and it couldn’t find the wheel, but it found my pebble watch just fine, so then i knew the wheel wasn’t connecting to anything. i held down the bluetooth button, and nothing happen to let u know bluetooth turned on, but it did and i was able to reflash everything. them i was able to connect to the app and do the firmware upgrade. ftnny thing is, as flora and i were messaging, i’d was experimenting different things and figured it out and i’m telling flora, hey i figured it out and i’m updating the firmware now and she was like oh firmware 1.05 update isn’t out yet and i just finished installing it. i hoping it’s just a language thing.  nice having that engineers app downloaded. i think it works on their whole product line. now that i have this software tool, i feel different about kingsong. communication is everything.

this reflash might fix my battery voltage problem.if it does, i’ll reflash the 18s.

Thanks for that. Really good news that KingSong stuck it out, and you were persistent. :cheers:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

cheap, if ur serious, make me an offer. pm me,

I think you should put it up on sale on this forum to be fair to you.  I don’t want to low ball you When you can get decent money for it from others.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I think you should put it up on sale on this forum to be fair to you.  I don’t want to low ball you When you can get decent money for it from others.  

i don’t want to sell it now that it’s fixed. well, it works. i’m hoping this reflash solves my battery voltage thing. i put it on the brick charger last night and it was still charging when i went to sleep. i’m gonna let it sit for a few hours and see if the voltage is 100%.

41 minutes ago, xebeche said:

I guess this is the tear down video @Jeffrey Scott Will was talking about and indeed there is a fan inside:

that’s great that somebody shoots these teardown videos. if it’s inmotion, that’s smart. i use to give my homeowners an owners manual like u get with a car. i didn’t want them calling me.

Just got back from  an evening ride with the v10f and, it seems to have developed a creaking  sound when accelerating and breaking. It sounds as if there is something stuck in between tire and shell , but there isn’t and the sound goes away at speed. Has this happened to anyone else? I’ve only ridden this thing for just over 3 hours. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jpd said:

Just got back from  an evening ride with the v10f and, it seems to have developed a creaking  sound when accelerating and breaking. It sounds as if there is something stuck in between tire and shell , but there isn’t and the sound goes away at speed. Has this happened to anyone else? I’ve only ridden this thing for just over 3 hours. 

i’ll ride mine tmrw and check. where did u put ur wheel settings? i haven’t touched mine yet.

4 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i’ll ride mine tmrw and check. where did u put ur wheel settings? i haven’t touched mine yet.

They’re set at 2600 and 3.8 . Today was the first time I rode it with adjusted settings. 

i do have one big regret with the v10f.

i wished i had pre-ordered two.

for my use, i think this wheel is gonna absolutely work the best for me.

I remember you were leaning towards buying two Z10s and zero V10s, but I'm very happy you tried the V10F! 

I wouldn't be surprised if Jason would let you switch your Z10 pre-order to a V10F, even if you don't get it for a while.  And you might find that a Z6 works just about as well for your ranch purposes as a Z10 anyway, for half the price. Same wheel, same body, good motor for dinking around, $800-$900.

Edited by Scouts Honor