New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

40 minutes ago, Jerome said:

That might be a result of lower tire pressure.  

I had 35psi yesterday, today zero.  Lol.  I don’t know what having low pressure has to do with a flat.  I’ve run low pressure on all my wheels.  

46 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I had 35psi yesterday, today zero.  Lol.  I don’t know what having low pressure has to do with a flat.  I’ve run low pressure on all my wheels.  

That pothole you hit pretty hard at 4:39 might have caused a snakebite flat by pinching the tube.  You were going 19.1 mph when you hit it.

Edited by steve454

9 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

43lb ACM2 vs 50lb V10F.

i haven’t weighed mine yet but inmotion says the v10f weighs 45.4 pounds, and ewheels says the acm2 weighs 46 pounds.

has anybody weighed a 18L?

41937188715_4f4b854ec5_b.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i haven’t weighed mine yet but inmotion says the v10f weighs 45.4 pounds, and ewheels says the acm2 weighs 46 pounds.

Negative, it was number from my memory, V10F seemed heavier maybe from it's sheer size compared to ACM2.  I guess the point was, considering the battery size.  Don't get me wrong, I think V10F is nice wheel, looks more modern and probably better put together... :cheers:

Edited by Mark Lee

46 minutes ago, novazeus said:

41937188715_4f4b854ec5_b.jpg

Ks18L is 48lbs, according to European testers.

29 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Negative, it was number from my memory, V10F seemed heavier maybe from it's sheer size compared to ACM2.  I guess the point was, considering the battery size.  Don't get me wrong, I think V10F is nice wheel, looks more modern and probably better put together... :cheers:

for me, the best thing about the inmotion app is the way u can calibrate the pedals. i like having the pedals level at neutral, and even though i’ve tried, can’t seem to accomplish that as effectively on my ks wheels.

on the V10F i think getting the pedals to ur preference, is a bigger deal because of the bigger pedals. i feel like with the smaller pedals, with ur feet hanging offthe rear and the front, gives more leverage as opposed to pedals where ur foot is totally supported.

think about a little kids feet on a V10F, unless the pedals are dialed in for them, they’d have a hard time getting it going and braking. 

out of the box with the pedals set with a forward tilt, i thought like everybody else, wheel is slow to start and slow to stop. leveled the pedals and it’s like night a day.

totally different calibration setup from my other wheels. much easier and more accurate.

6 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Ks18L is 48lbs, according to European testers.

thanks for that.

i bought a big dog scale that’s still not big enough for Bob, but it should be great for weighing wheels. i’m gonna make a point to weigh all my wheels later today.

i guess kingsong doesn’t have a scale because it seems all their wheels are around 18kg.

i know/think the 18s is at least 55+, not 40 pounds.

it was puzzling how a 18 inch wheel with the same batteries could weigh less than a  16” wheel.

14 minutes ago, novazeus said:

for me, the best thing about the inmotion app is the way u can calibrate the pedals. i like having the pedals level at neutral, and even though i’ve tried, can’t seem to accomplish that as effectively on my ks wheels.

on the V10F i think getting the pedals to ur preference, is a bigger deal because of the bigger pedals. i feel like with the smaller pedals, with ur feet hanging offthe rear and the front, gives more leverage as opposed to pedals where ur foot is totally supported.

think about a little kids feet on a V10F, unless the pedals are dialed in for them, they’d have a hard time getting it going and braking. 

out of the box with the pedals set with a forward tilt, i thought like everybody else, wheel is slow to start and slow to stop. leveled the pedals and it’s like night a day.

totally different calibration setup from my other wheels. much easier and more accurate.

@novazeus sounds to me like it's about time you give a Gotway a try, maybe this new MSX, I've pre-ordered.  I like Gotways myself from owning Mten3 and now ACM2.  Gives me a smile every time I ride them... :whistling:

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

@novazeus sounds to me like it's about time you give a Gotway a try maybe this new MSX, I've pre-ordered.  I like Gotways myself from owning Mten3 and now ACM2.  Gives me a smile every time I ride them...

my normal max speed range is 15-20mph with me favoring 15mph. 

since i joined the forum, it seems the most riders getting seriously hurt are hotway riders. could be their mindset and not the safety of the wheel, idk. 

since i rarely wear any protection, i’m doing good wearing coveralls, rolling the the dice on the wheel that is least likely to shut off with my zero strain on the wheel riding, is the most important to me.

in my wheel stable right now, my nb1e+ makes me the most nervous. it seems to have a mind of its own. goes faster than it’s 13.5 mph to speed, i never hear overspeed beeps from it, and the pedals feel like their tilting up and down weirdly. 

• Like 1

u know how companies will have signs up in their factories, “no accidents for x amount of days”, i wish we could go a few days without people getting hurt.

all these injuries, crashes etc, published on this public forum, doesn’t help the future of euc’s.

i’m not an attorney, but if i was an ambulance chasing attorney in ‘merica, this forum  would give me everything i needed to crucify u if ur wheel ever touched somebody else.

55 minutes ago, novazeus said:

since i joined the forum, it seems the most riders getting seriously hurt are hotway riders. could be their mindset and not the safety of the wheel, idk. 

since i rarely wear any protection, i’m doing good wearing coveralls, rolling the the dice on the wheel that is least likely to shut off with my zero strain on the wheel riding, is the most important to me.

in my wheel stable right now, my nb1e+ makes me the most nervous. it seems to have a mind of its own. goes faster than it’s 13.5 mph to speed, i never hear overspeed beeps from it, and the pedals feel like their tilting up and down weirdly. 

You're spreading FUD :)

You certainly must recognize that a lot of injuries have absolutely nothing to do with the wheel that they are riding. @Shad0z? Nope. @Roo Williams? nope. @Rehab1? Nope. These are just a few that immediately come to mind. I've had bruises and such, but the injuries had nothing to do with the wheel.

I'm not going to argue that Gotway has superior build quality, but I will argue with you regarding them being the cause of most or even a majority of injuries. It's just not true. 

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, novazeus said:

To be honest, my riding consists of a lot of carving, under 15mph, with music in my ears.  Sure there are times when I ride little faster but rarely up to 20 mph.  It's nice to know that my wheels are capable of going much faster for safety concerns.  If I have need for speed I just get on one of three motorcycles I have... I use EUC mainly to get in shape while having fun... Yes, numbers are nice guidelines but I'm more of analog than digital...  I also see Marty and the gang put their Gotways through what I would consider a torture test when they take it out for 40+ miles on trail rides, without much issues with newer models.  I like them and will continue to buy them as long as they keep improving them... YMMV of course... :cheers:

• Like 1

D’oh!

Just got the bad bearing scrape on my first production V10F. I ain’t ridin’ that again ‘til it’s fixed! Got out my V8-nice little carving machine. Forgot how small and light it is, relatively speaking.

Email sent to @Jason McNeil . I’m sure he’ll take care of me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

spread FUD 

had to google “FUD”. reminds me of the time of my life i might have hooked up with a girl in st pete, pretty, like her but GUD,(geographically undesirable).

notice i did say it might be the mindset of the riders and not the wheels. 

i remember back in my motorcycle days reading an article about returning veterans dying left and right by coming home and buying liter race bikes. wasn’t the motorcycles fault, like this motorcycle racer said back then, nobody needs a liter race bike unless ur going to race it on a race track.

even though i’ll get an 18L and a Z10, i’ll still only have one wheel out here safe to operate at night and that’s the V10F.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TechShizzle said:

D’oh!

Just got the bad bearing scrape on my first production V10F. I ain’t ridin’ that again ‘til it’s fixed! Got out my V8-nice little carving machine. Forgot how small and light it is, relatively speaking.

how many miles do u have on ur wheel?

41 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

To be honest, my riding consists of a lot of carving, under 15mph, with music in my ears.  Sure there are times when I ride little faster but rarely up to 20 mph.  It's nice to know that my wheels are capable of going much faster for safety concerns.  If I have need for speed I just get on one of three motorcycles I have... I use EUC mainly to get in shape while having fun... Yes, numbers are nice guidelines but I'm more of analog than digital...  I also see Marty and the gang put their Gotways through what I would consider a torture test when they take it out for 40+ miles on trail rides, without much issues with newer models.  I like them and will continue to buy them as long as they keep improving them... YMMV of course... :cheers:

yeah i guess i’m just superstitious.

i don’t walk under ladders either.

i got another good psa reading this week, 0.6. not bad considering h lee moffitt cancer center told me with treatment i wouldn’t live to see 2015.

i guess for me, since the doctors told me i was gonna die no matter what i did, discontinuing seeing doctors in 2014 was a good decision.

when i first joined the forum, people couldn’t understand why i was so slow to get started. those are people that have never ingested cannabis oil.

i’ve had a year now, averaging about an 0.7 psa reading(testing every month, just recently going to every other month) so unless complications arise, i’m gonna be weaning myself off cannabis oil temporarily. according to the medical marijuane doctors, i was taking 70 daily doses daily. they have it all wrong.

walking is difficult at those kind of doses, learning to ride an euc while medicating is quite a feat. being able to ingest a small amount of cannabis oil and doing nothing, is pretty difficult. nobody would take cannabis oil, unless they really needed to.

so july 3rd i celebrate my 4 year anniversary of my doctor telling me to get my affairs in order because i had about 3 months to live.

Ben Gazzara got longer than that in the old tv show, “run for ur life”.

1 hour ago, that0n3guy said:

That's a bummer, I was hoping for the 40lbs.   I just weighed my V10f on my cheap scale... Says 47.1lbs, but it could be off by a pound or two.

My V10F is exactly the same weight as my 18S with the trolley handle mod, 46.4lb

• Like 1

ok, finally got off my butt and weighed my wheels. big surprise.

not a good dog scale for giant breeds, like Bob, but great wheel scale.

20180616_182314

9b1s1

20180616_182452

9b1s2

20180616_182516

9b1e+

20180616_182545

ks16s (840wh)

20180616_182617

V10F

20180616_182708

and the shocker! feels heavier. 

ks18s (1680wh)

20180616_182757

so all the time i’m thinking, well, the z10 won’t be too bad, same as the 18s, wrong!

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

My V10F is exactly the same weight as my 18S with the trolley handle mod, 46.4lb

so the extra 840wh battery pack must weigh 4+ pounds.

i would say ur scales are weighing a little heavy because inmotion is claiming 45.4 pounds or 45 pounds 6.4 ounces and i weigh in at 46 pounds 2 ounces but i have the cover on and @Rehab1 patent pending wonderful silicone pedal protectors on too.

4 hours ago, TechShizzle said:

D’oh!

could u describe the sound, ie how loud it is?