Jump to content

New Inmotion V10 / V10F


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Lueksparky said:

I have had the wheel tell me "overload, step off of wheel" (with the accompanying 45 tilt back) twice - once when aggressively accelerating (amb. temp. low 80's, battery 70%) and once when going uphill - paved road, about 0.5 miles, change of elevation 262ft, maintaining about 15mph, (amb. temp. low 80's, battery 90%). I am a little concerned about the possibility of excessive heat at the control board - I know there's a cooling fan but the effectiveness of it is questionable and where I live the summer tends to stay in the 90 degree range with a week or two above 100.

 

Great and informative feedback! For sure the wheel being overloaded at 80F outside temp at limited speed and almost full battery is a concern... at least another user reported similar issue and I believe will send his V10 for inspection. You can read more here about it: https://www.myinmotion.com/pages/forum?p=%3Fforum%3D656409

Edited by Fastmike
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely don't want you to be stuck without a wheel, and you shouldn't have to be repairing a brand new one, so we are gonna make it right. Just got off a chat with @Bobwheel and we'll hook you up w

I agree that the company is too tight for the information about V10, and I am little upset too.  The reason we do this way is: We want to keep our engineer and manufacture teams away from distrac

Hey, I've been trolling this site (can you say voyeur) for about 3 months, decided to put my 2 cents in. First of all thank you for all of your input/info, this is the best site for quality info on EU

Posted Images

@Lueksparky welcome to the forum.  Very excited to have another EUC rider in the neighborhood.  I live half block from Roy city municipal buildings.  We need to get together one of these days and go for a ride...

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lueksparky good job.i think u picked a great wheel. i consider myself a newbie too and my impressions of this wheel are very similar to urs. i find myself going faster on this wheel too and i think it’s because it’s so smooth also.

the tiltback thing because of heat issues doesn’t seem right but if inmotion is being overly cautious to prevent a full on cut out or faceplant, i’m all about that. 

personally, i love tiltback. as soon as i feel that pedal coming up, i’m backing off it as soon as i can.

i ride as much as i can but my rides are short. i don’t have concrete curbs but my road is asphalt and i’m usually not wearing much protective gear. i’ve never experience a cutoff but i try to imagine what it’s like and i try to ride at a speed i figure is survivable without medical attention if i go bouncing down my road.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lueksparky said:

Hey, I've been trolling this site (can you say voyeur) for about 3 months, decided to put my 2 cents in. First of all thank you for all of your input/info, this is the best site for quality info on EUC's. I ordered a V10F and got it in the first "slow boat" batch from ewheels (who I discovered, due to your excellent reviews) about two weeks ago.  Originally, I tried to call Jason (line was busy) so I went ahead and put in an order for a Kingsong 16S. Jason actually returned my call 15 minutes later and talked me into the new V10F (the V8 was a close 2nd to the Kingsong, but I wanted better range).

My impressions/experience :   It appears to be well put together. The handle does have some slight side to side play but seems to work fine (I actually pushed it for 3 miles after overestimating my remaining battery power). The tire is on "backwards" (doesn't bother me), I did add 4 oz of slime and pumped it to 40psi. The app (ios) seems to work fine for my needs - recognizes the wheel, hooks up Bluetooth fine (I do find it a little annoying that it connects to my phone when it's charging so I hear all my phone sounds), music plays fine - speaker quality marginal but sufficient, lights are interesting but I tend to leave them off. I have noticed that I lose all the wheel statistics on a given ride when I turn the wheel off - I don't know if there's a feature that allows me to save it and I'm not the most tech savvy guy. I haven't heard any noise coming from the wheel so I may gotten lucky and missed the defective motor batch. The wheel is really quiet (although my wife thinks I'm deaf sometimes - selective hearing) - on video reviews I can hear a kind of whine like a small jet engine but I don't hear it when riding mine. I currently have about 150 miles on it, longest ride to date 24.5 miles.

Not having prior experience with EUC's, I can't compare it to anything else but the ride is very smooth. I don't consider myself a speed "freak" but found myself hitting the 25mph limit if I wasn't paying attention, so I attribute it to the smooth ride. I was able to ride a regular unicycle before I ever discovered EUC's so I wasn't concerned about learning and was able to ride it around a parking lot within a half hour of attempting. I also have two sons who picked it up just as quickly, one who also new how to ride a regular unicycle and on  who doesn't, so I don't know if we have really good balance or just to dumb to know any better.

My best guesstimate of actual range for me is 30 miles. I suppose if it was straight and flat with no stops/starts I could get closer to ewheels estimate of 38 miles. I weigh 200 lbs with safety gear and a small backpack on, tend to ride at about 18mph (by ear listening to the pitch of the wheel tread). I have had the wheel tell me "overload, step off of wheel" (with the accompanying 45 tilt back) twice - once when aggressively accelerating (amb. temp. low 80's, battery 70%) and once when going uphill - paved road, about 0.5 miles, change of elevation 262ft, maintaining about 15mph, (amb. temp. low 80's, battery 90%). I am a little concerned about the possibility of excessive heat at the control board - I know there's a cooling fan but the effectiveness of it is questionable and where I live the summer tends to stay in the 90 degree range with a week or two above 100.

I was debating between a regular helmet and full face helmet. Ended up getting a full face helmet because I work as a surgical nurse in the operating room and see people getting their jaws wired shut for facial fractures. It's great for weight loss but I'm not desperate enough. My main selling point for full face helmet though, is that my longest ride to date was along the "Legacy Highway trail" in northern Utah and it borders wetlands - I must have ridden through 20-30 swarms of bugs on that ride. I will say that the decreased peripheral vision is a concern.

Sorry, that was probably more like 4 cents worth. I appreciate all your input on all the different makes/models of EUCs and will continue to visit the forum but I'm kind of a tech hermit and just enjoy watching from the perimeter so you won't hear much from me unless I believe it's useful input.

          Thanks again    - lueksparky

Get a full face helmet, couple of people in NYC got hurt wearing a 3/4 helmet when their wheel cut out.  

When your wheel overloaded, what was the temp of the wheel?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eddiemoy, unfortunately I turned off the wheel to restart it and as I mentioned before, lost all the data on that "trip". I will say I had only been riding it for five minutes but prior to going up the hill I had come down it at about 15mph braking most of the way. It is a fairly steep hill, drops 354ft in elevation in 0.7 mile and at the bottom I immediately turned around to go back up without much level ground before starting up the incline. I don't know how much heat, braking generates, but that may have added to the overload. I did notice the first time I had an overload (when I was accelerating aggressively) the max wattage showed as 2490 watts. I believe the wheel may be behaving according to its programmed tolerances and I just need to be nicer, although it would be nice to know for sure.

One more observation about my V10F experience (possibly the same for all EUC's). I am a hang glider pilot and although there are obvious things I can do in a hang glider that aren't possible on an EUC. The fluidity of motion on an EUC (when you have smooth pavement) is very similar and satisfying. It's also very close to the motion a professional ice skater makes, only with less effort (motor) and grace. As a hang glider pilot I've spent 60-70% of my time chasing good flying conditions and the other 30-40% actually flying. I can now take my V10F out anytime I want (even night) and get my "fix".

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lueksparky said:

Eddiemoy, unfortunately I turned off the wheel to restart it and as I mentioned before, lost all the data on that "trip". I will say I had only been riding it for five minutes but prior to going up the hill I had come down it at about 15mph braking most of the way. It is a fairly steep hill, drops 354ft in elevation in 0.7 mile and at the bottom I immediately turned around to go back up without much level ground before starting up the incline. I don't know how much heat, braking generates, but that may have added to the overload. I did notice the first time I had an overload (when I was accelerating aggressively) the max wattage showed as 2490 watts. I believe the wheel may be behaving according to its programmed tolerances and I just need to be nicer, although it would be nice to know for sure.

One more observation about my V10F experience (possibly the same for all EUC's). I am a hang glider pilot and although there are obvious things I can do in a hang glider that aren't possible on an EUC. The fluidity of motion on an EUC (when you have smooth pavement) is very similar and satisfying. It's also very close to the motion a professional ice skater makes, only with less effort (motor) and grace. As a hang glider pilot I've spent 60-70% of my time chasing good flying conditions and the other 30-40% actually flying. I can now take my V10F out anytime I want (even night) and get my "fix".

I had my V10F doing the overload thing once in 900 km, at the very beginning. I was not stressing the wheel and temperature was only 40 degrees C. It definitely wasn’t overheating. This issue might be some other bug. Few people here seem to have it more often. I’ve been stressing the wheel a lot and driving up long hills at full speed and temperature has never been very high and no overload. 

And BTW, I agree about the “fix”. I’m definitely addicted. I have to go out every day for a couple of hours. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

Just came in from riding on V10F for over a hour much thanks to @Lueksparky.  It was just around a parking lot.  How fun... These new generation wheels are amazing.  I can understand why people are drawn to them.  Would I trade in my ACM2 for it?  Nope :thumbup:

Why not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Unventor said:

Why not?

1.  For same amount of money range.  Sub 1,000 Wh vs 1600 Wh.

2.  Weight 43lb ACM2 vs 50lb V10F.

3.  I personally prefer wider stance for stability.

4.  Lower center of gravity on ACM2.

5.  Performance, 34mph top speed vs 25mph for V10F.  ACM2 seemed to have better acceleration.

6.  Lower height of the ACM2= better maneuverability at lower speed.

7.  More function than fashion.

Just a few things I could come up with at the moment...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I pushed it up a hill at 20mph, didn’t overload mine.  Only managed to pull 2kw. Was trying to study the behavior of when it allows for high power output.  Only thing I learned is that it goes up hills every well.  Didn’t struggle at all.  Amazing. 

I'll be trying mine on the steepest hill for miles around, it's pretty flat around here, but this tops out at nearly 20%. As you can imagine, it's pretty popular with cyclists. I know I haven't done it on my V8. I can't imagine the looks you'd get flying past at 20mph :roflmao:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

Is that software accurate? Pulling only around 400W max in such a hill sounds odd...?

He’s riding a bicycle, so it’s likely to be entirely different. Probably the energy he is generating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Lee said:

1.  For same amount of money range.  Sub 1,000 Wh vs 1600 Wh.

2.  Weight 43lb ACM2 vs 50lb V10F.

3.  I personally prefer wider stance for stability.

4.  Lower center of gravity on ACM2.

5.  Performance, 34mph top speed vs 25mph for V10F.  ACM2 seemed to have better acceleration.

6.  Lower height of the ACM2= better maneuverability at lower speed.

7.  More function than fashion.

Just a few things I could come up with at the moment...

After riding it for a while, I’m starting to agree that this has the same high center of mass as the Msuper v3s+ which I hated.   But that also had the weird wide stance.

ive found a good psi setting, 35.  40 was too stiff for me.   More contact patch.   I had tried the lower pedal sensitivity and felt the unit felt boaty at high speeds.  Quickly changed it back to the hardest setting.   Felt a lot better.   

There is definitely a hesitation from standstill that they need to fix.  But once you get going, it goes!

Edited by eddiemoy
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

Just came in from riding on V10F for over a hour much thanks to @Lueksparky.  It was just around a parking lot.  How fun... These new generation wheels are amazing.  I can understand why people are drawn to them.  Would I trade in my ACM2 for it?  Nope :thumbup:

For the record (meaning the ACM2's honor), this latest update of the ACM isn't really an old generation wheel (well, maybe a little, I wish they updated it with a newer msX-stype board). And as you nicely pointed out, from a performance and wheel/money point of view, it beats the V10(F).

But they're different wheels anyways, if onyl for the form factors.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a flat alread on the V10F.  Wonder what the heck I ran over yesterday!  Tire compound must be really soft!

Edited by eddiemoy
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

1.  For same amount of money range.  Sub 1,000 Wh vs 1600 Wh.

2.  Weight 43lb ACM2 vs 50lb V10F.

3.  I personally prefer wider stance for stability.

4.  Lower center of gravity on ACM2.

5.  Performance, 34mph top speed vs 25mph for V10F.  ACM2 seemed to have better acceleration.

6.  Lower height of the ACM2= better maneuverability at lower speed.

7.  More function than fashion.

Just a few things I could come up with at the moment...

My 2 cents :)     I'm not a gotway person but I honestly think that inMotion could have done a better job on some certain points.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, especially the wider tire, the app, the behavior of the wheel.

1. Trolley handle: The v10F is too heavy for that trolley handle. the v8 (or KS18L) trolley handle is much more convenient.

2. Center of gravity: I found the center of gravity of the v10F very high and it has an impact on the time I needed to adjust my riding style.

3. Speed: I don't really mind too much about the speed as long as I can cruise 20mh at least comfortably so I would say the specs are great !

4. I understand that more space were needed for that big battery, but I would rather get a little bit wider wheel than higher.

Hopefully they will come up with a new trolley handle design .....  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the King song 18l handle, can you lift it, have the wheel stop, with the trolley handle extended? 

Because that is very nice on the v10f.   Trolly up to stairs, lift up stairs, start trollying at the top.    No need to put the handle up and down for a quick set of stairs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Got a flat alread on the V10F.  Wonder what the heck I ran over yesterday!  Tire compound must be really soft!

In your video, noted that your tire is a little bit deflated probably due to low pressure you have opted for. But at 4'39", you hit a puthole. That might have pinched the tube against the wheel...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

With the King song 18l handle, can you lift it, have the wheel stop, with the trolley handle extended? 

Because that is very nice on the v10f.   Trolly up to stairs, lift up stairs, start trollying at the top.    No need to put the handle up and down for a quick set of stairs.

good point ! finally the v8 trolley handle design remains the best to me !

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

Got a flat alread on the V10F.  Wonder what the heck I ran over yesterday!  Tire compound must be really soft!

That might be a result of lower tire pressure.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...