New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

6 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Highly doubt SoloWheel America is developing anything when the actual wheel development and manufacture for the current line is still coming from InMotion China.

I am pretty surprised by the „v10“ at all....as i heard totally different things about Inmotion and EUCs from asia....

29 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Saving the GW experience for another post. There's some really remarkable things coming out of there that I'll be sharing for another day :)

What a tease :angry:

;)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Saving the GW experience for another post. There's some really remarkable things coming out of there that I'll be sharing for another day :)

**please say personal jet pack **fingers crossed**** :ph34r: ?

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes. I see videos of people scraping the hell out of their pedals on wheels that I own and ride, yet somehow I'm able to ride and turn as I wish without scraping my pedals. Yes, every once in awhile I'll scrape a pedal, but never to a degree that I think, "damn, I wish these pedals were higher". And I don't have to concentrate on not scraping my pedals. I ride and turn very naturally.

Some people have poor technique. Many people don't practice the basics. Many people can't smoothly mount their wheels. And many people scrape their pedals :)

These are just observations of mine. As long as people enjoy their wheels, how they ride is their business. But don't blame the wheel for your (not you, but the generic masses out there) inadequacies. 

I live for the turns and don't like going in a straight line. That being said, when I touch down I then panic and stand the wheel up.

I agree a lot of videos I see are people standing fairly upright and pushing/leaning the wheel underneath them. While that usually works, doing everything you can to keep the wheel mostly upright vastly increases cornering clearance. On a motorcycle touching down isn't too big of a deal while on an EUC something can catch that pedal and throw you down in an instant (happened to me a few times). I seriously feel EUC are so unstable that one could possibly crash going over an M&M.

In my opinion, the EUC should change to the rider and not the other way around unless the rider's technique is so grossly wrong. Hypothetically; I haven't seen anyone so bad I would call them out for styling gauche.

That mean, what about adjustable footpads that screw into holes? You could move them up and down depending on your riding style. Motorcycles have had that for at least thirty years.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

I live for the turns and don't like going in a straight line. That being said, when I touch down I then panic and stand the wheel up.

I agree a lot of videos I see are people standing fairly upright and pushing/leaning the wheel underneath them. While that usually works, doing everything you can to keep the wheel mostly upright vastly increases cornering clearance. On a motorcycle touching down isn't too big of a deal while on an EUC something can catch that pedal and throw you down in an instant (happened to me a few times). I seriously feel EUC are so unstable that one could possibly crash going over an M&M.

In my opinion, the EUC should change to the rider and not the other way around unless the rider's technique is so grossly wrong. Hypothetically; I haven't seen anyone so bad I would call them out for styling gauche.

That mean, what about adjustable footpads that screw into holes? You could move them up and down depending on your riding style. Motorcycles have had that for at least thirty years.

My goal for this next season is tomtry learning different cornering styles with the EUC — like with motorcycles motocross style (leaning the motorcycle and staying upright) versus racebike style (keeping the bike upright and leaning the body into the corner).

.... no idea if it works out, but should be worth a try...

Edited by Chriull

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

If scraping of the pedals doesnt lead to accidents its not an actual problem, its a technique. Scraping the pedals can happen when going off high curbs as well if you have to cut it a little close to the curb. When going downhill and having to turn 90° uphill like in a driveway situation, it is very easy to scrape the pedals stopping and turning uphill in one fluid motion. It really depends on the vehicle. 

+1 I even use foot-scraping as a technique for tight turns once in a while. The problem with low pedal clearance is not scraping, the problem is that it may well lead to accidents on uneven terrain.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Ok got the blood pumping for sure, read your Z posting earlier today, now this.

Hmm, looking at the pics of the Z pcb and what a respectable view, then pics of my pigs fest Gotway pbc, then finally my broken hand feeling both excited, scared and hopeful all at once. What to do, what to choose, cannot wait EUC year 2018 might bring some excitement indeed.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

It will come back to be InMotion brand again, and what I can say is that you guys are all excellent spies, haha. 

InMotion's work style is not announcing too early, but once we announce it, customers will get wheels very soon, and we don't want to keep customer waiting.

Thanks for responding. So are you saying this won't be sold as a Solowheel or just that it will be an Inmotion design with Solowheel branding in the US like the Glide 2/3?

True that other manufactures do seem to announce their wheel's prematurely but now they have done it and with building excitement about the great offerings coming out this spring it will be a shame if no one is thinking about Solowheel / Inmotion over the coming weeks. 

3 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Thanks for responding. So are you saying this won't be sold as a Solowheel or just that it will be an Inmotion design with Solowheel branding in the US like the Glide 2/3?

True that other manufactures do seem to announce their wheel's prematurely but now they have done it and with building excitement about the great offerings coming out this spring it will be a shame if no one is thinking about Solowheel / Inmotion over the coming weeks. 

The brand won't be Solowheel, but InMotion. So at least for you, it's consistent right? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

The brand won't be Solowheel, but InMotion. So at least for you, it's consistent right? 

Yes I have one of the last V8's imported but the brand on the side of it is of no concern to me as long as quality remains. My only gripe when Solowheel took over the Inmotion range as their own was the price hike making it unaffordable for what it is and eWheels being screwed by Inmotion. Now the awesome V8/Glide 3 is back at a sensible price, Jason has  seen some Solowheel love for all the loyalty he showed Inmotion, and you guys are making a positive contribution to the forum I would be happy to buy Solowheel brand, even preferred to support a US entity and if the App is better than InMotion's. 

You guys do still have a new wheel planned though don't you? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

What exactly is Solowheels contribution then? Marketing (you guys) only? IP trolling? Sorry, don't mean to be unfriendly, just wondering because that's essentially a reversal of the Inmotion to Solowheel rebrands... which is not what I expected. Is there a non-Inmotion Solowheel in the works?

13 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

If you are going to make the battery interchangeable like in the V8, could you just use a clamp or a tie like a belt for the battery instead of those screws? I have two batteries for my V8 and like to ride around 80 miles on the weekend days. Changing the batteries is easy except for that battery screw situation. Its only two screws, but they get stripped after the first month, and they are difficult to reposition without a magnetic screwdriver.

I bet you will have a bigger battery that will not be removeable, but I am open to all possibilities.

• Upvote 2

On 2/3/2018 at 12:19 AM, phatmike said:

I can't wait! I started with a V5F+ and now I have allmost 3000 km on my V8.  Please tell us more about the new wheel and post a picture if you can

I am sorry I can not share too much here for now, but one thing for sure is the upcoming model has almost every feature you want to get improved from V8. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/3/2018 at 11:28 AM, Stan Onymous said:

If you are going to make the battery interchangeable like in the V8, could you just use a clamp or a tie like a belt for the battery instead of those screws? I have two batteries for my V8 and like to ride around 80 miles on the weekend days. Changing the batteries is easy except for that battery screw situation. Its only two screws, but they get stripped after the first month, and they are difficult to reposition without a magnetic screwdriver.

I bet you will have a bigger battery that will not be removeable, but I am open to all possibilities.

Thanks for your feedback, I will forward your idea to our engineer team. 

For the upcoming model it definitely has bigger battery! 

• Like 3

On 2/3/2018 at 11:28 AM, Stan Onymous said:

I checked with our engineer about the this, and we will try our best improve it in the future model, but the major concern is safety. 

BTW, he told me they have tested to ride even without the screws of the battery, and it worked well. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

BTW, he told me they have tested to ride even without the screws of the battery, and it worked well. 

Yeah, I have mine wedged in with some foam mounting dots in the upper well above the battery. One on each side does it.

Your V8 is the safest of the wheels that I own. I love the portability, and the weight is so well balanced that it feels lighter than a Ninebot 1c1.  I totally understand that weight is a great feature of your wheel and if the new battery is only a little bit bigger, please make it changeable, because I would need somewhere near 80 miles for some of my rides if I want to do them round trip instead of taking the Metro transit back home.

Also I have tried a friends V8 that was unlocked to 33kph and found it to be a fantastic ride. Perfectly safe and nearly the same amount of range. I always wear safety gear and a helmet so I was not worried. I feel it made me a safer rider in traffic because I had that extra speed in reserve for certain instances when I needed it.

I am so excited about what you will come up with, so please think of these statements as encouragements more than a critique in any way. I feel you are on the right track and really cant wait. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1