New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

The V10 series has a known charging issue. My V10 will only charge to 89% no matter how long it is on the charger. InMotion support has a fix, but does not have enough of the hardware required for the solution to accommodate all of the riders affected by this issue. I am currently in line for the fix myself, lol.

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

The V10 series has a known charging issue. My V10 will only charge to 89% no matter how long it is on the charger. InMotion support has a fix, but does not have enough of the hardware required for the solution to accommodate all of the riders affected by this issue. I am currently in line for the fix myself, lol.

This is interesting. So it’s an issue within the wheel hardware itself, not charger or firmware?

Did your wheel ever charge past 89%?

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

More than interesting. I was complaining about 'low mileage' from beginning on. I was told, that is normal.

I've written at least 10 times to inmotion - nothing happened. My dealer didn't handle that problem at all.

So please, keep us informed about this issue.

I 'love' this forum :) - it helps us much!

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

More than interesting. I was complaining about 'low mileage' from beginning on. I was told, that is normal.

Real life mileage is roughly half of the announced, on any wheel. Due to this, new riders are often disappointed.

But since you mention a clear change after 4000km, something has changed. That makes me think your’s is probably a separate issue.

32 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

This is interesting. So it’s an issue within the wheel hardware itself, not charger or firmware?

It’s a firmware bug but requires a hardware usb stick to be connected to the main board for fixing. The bug is about displaying percentage correctly, it still should charge normally. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, UniVehje said:

It’s a firmware bug but requires a hardware usb stick to be connected to the main board for fixing. The bug is about displaying percentage correctly, it still should charge normally. 

So 89% is actually 100% is what the fix is?  I just keep it plugged in over night and it stops changing by itself when it turns green. Was never told to do anything different. 

7 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

it stops changing by itself when it turns green.

Charging doesn’t stop when the charger turns green. The generic I last checked was still giving out 0.65A, and continued to taking a few dozen Wh more, for balancing the cells.

7 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Was never told to do anything different. 

This is an actual issue with our relatively new product class. The user manuals are very incomplete even for some of the most basic required usage habits. Luckily this forum has a huge amount of information, but if one does not know what to look for, it really isn’t the user’s fault.

45 minutes ago, Zephyrzone said:

How does one get those? I’d love a pair. Are they available to buy from the site now?

Nothing on the site..

I literally purchased the old design about a week ago. SMH

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2019 at 9:58 PM, gon2fast said:

Hi gon2fast, could you elaborate on this issue?  I am trying to charge my V10F to 90% capacity with the Charge Doctor and, upon hitting that threshold, I checked the voltage in the InMotion app and it says its 15% lower voltage than the Charge Doctor readout.  You mentioned you're in line for the fix: is the problem just that the firmware is misreading the voltage of the battery?

Guess this depends on reseller. My is from gearbest so not high hopes on any warranty issues. 

My pedals are still ok, 700kms with 100kg rider. Some offroading but i havent jumped much.

I’m not clear on why there’s a posting “in the wild” for a new pedal design yet no word on availability or any other news. 

Typically I’d expect to see some context from the manufacturer. 

Despite the grief InMotion gets on this forum (some deserved, some not), I really like my V10F and V5F. Looking to get a V8 too. But it would be nice to get some more info on product updates like these pedals.

Also, FWIW, out of the box my V10F wouldn’t charge to 100% (only 3/4 battery indicator), despite the charger going green. I left it plugged in overnight and haven’t had the problem since.  

• Upvote 1

Today I modified my new charger (3A instead of 1.5A) for the 10 F, so laoding will take only half the time :-))

I had to change the connector by a GX12-3 (12mm diameter, 3 pins).

Will see, whether charging will also change - meaning whether battery gets 100% full. Will see after a few ridings this week.

On 7/29/2019 at 9:44 PM, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Today I modified my new charger (3A instead of 1.5A) for the 10 F, so laoding will take only half the time :-))

I had to change the connector by a GX12-3 (12mm diameter, 3 pins).

Will see, whether charging will also change - meaning whether battery gets 100% full. Will see after a few ridings this week.

Let us know! Can’t wait to hear the results. 

• 3 weeks later...

No change on mileage after loading the V10 F with the 3 A charger. That means, either my battery has degraded approx. 20% within 14 months or there ist still a hardware bug on laoding the V10. I think, my battery has degraded that much. Hopefully it is not getting worse ......

On 8/2/2019 at 1:48 PM, tumbla.jr said:

Anyone else see this.. Another  ref to a V12

IMG_2342.png

Whoa. Cool.

I really hope whatever is next from InMotion is either a little smaller and lighter than the V10 or it has suspension. That photo looks like neither.

My V10F is no longer playing the default sounds correctly. Turn on sound is fine but the turn off sound volume is barely audible and has static. The sound when I plug it in is all whack and awful. Anyone know a fix or how to reset?

Also, I still get pedal tilt when I take turns. I can only get them level again by braking. I’ve don’t the calibration dozens on times and it doesn’t seem to do anything.

1 hour ago, Zephyrzone said:

Also, I still get pedal tilt when I take turns. I can only get them level again by braking. I’ve don’t the calibration dozens on times and it doesn’t seem to do anything.

I complaint this tilt behaviour since my first rides with the V10F. Inmotion promised me a fix in August 2018. Nothing happened up to now - and nothing will happen in future.

Definitely my last inmotion EUC - just incredible, how they can do further business!

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

If this sometime hapend to me i use  calibrate V10F and all is fine instantly for loong time pedals always keep absolutely flat. I use 100% sensitivity on pedals 40kmh(speedlimit) 40psi. My unit is  QC tested  5/19 firmware 2.2.1.0. Units in time have some hardware changes and bug fixies(new mainboard etc).

V10F is Now good whell to buy if you compare price efectivity warranty strong waterprofing and build quality  especialy assembly quality.