New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

11 minutes ago, Julien Jaler said:

I'm not talking about the charger (am i confused?),

Ups - no. That's me( us). Since you started with the charger we mentally stuck to it :)

Reading your post - it's clearly worded!

11 minutes ago, Julien Jaler said:

but the wheel itself. there is a cooling system inside the wheel.

I've never heard of a wheels fan gets turned on, with a turned off wheel once the charger is plugged in! Sounds strange....

But maybe the V10 wants to cool the batteries? 

Hopefully some V10 owners chime in with their experience!

7 hours ago, Julien Jaler said:

Hi. sorry but that was not my question. My charger is going well, with the green led on when charge is completed.

I was talking about the cooling system (fans). Is your fan ALWAYS ON? Ican clearly hear the noise, little bit annoying, but accordingly to my sellers, it's a normal behaviour.

Are you sure you are not just listening to the normal small growl that the wheel makes at idle? 

Strangely enough the Inmotion App shows a fan. But to my knowledge there is no fan in the the V10F. May be for a future upgrade?

Here are the insides of the v10F.

https://ecodrift.ru/2018/04/18/predserijnyj-inmotion-v10f-ne-kataemsya-a-izuchaem-ustrojstvo/

Edited by pico
c

10 hours ago, Julien Jaler said:

Ahoj každý, právě jsem dostal zbrusu nový V10. Je normální, že je ventilátor VŽDY zapnutý? (Naše krabice, když je vypnutá a já zapojuji nabíječku, VŽDY).

Thanxs

Inmotion praises the V10F for active cooling! I also hear the fan, but not immediately after turning it on. If the machine is not heated, the fan is hardly heard. When I go up a steep hill and stop, then I hear a fan for a while. Even if I turn off the V10F, the fan can still be heard for a few seconds. But it doesn't disturb me ...
look at this link: https://www.myinmotion.com/products/inmotion-v10-electric-unicycle

Inmotion himself says -  "Active Cooling System" for high-performance internal components

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robert Hendelman Jr said:

Just FYI: My V10 is Serial starting "12C" and Manfuacture date Dec 2018.

I would reach out to them directly to confirm. I'm pretty sure though that all stock was waterproofed by InMotion USA after they discovered the issue. Any subsequent stock had factory waterproofing. 

23 hours ago, Julien Jaler said:

Hi. sorry but that was not my question. My charger is going well, with the green led on when charge is completed.

I was talking about the cooling system (fans). Is your fan ALWAYS ON? Ican clearly hear the noise, little bit annoying, but accordingly to my sellers, it's a normal behaviour.

Hi Julien, and welcome to the forum!

If this is your first wheel, and you expected it to be completely quiet when turned on, then don't worry as it's indeed normal behaviour.  All wheels will make some sound when turned on. My V10F when turned on makes a whirring slightly raspy sound FWIW. If you have previous experience with other wheels and this sound is out of proportion to what you've previously experienced then something might be amiss of course, but if you're unsure then try to make a recording of it and people can chime in.

1 hour ago, Nils said:

Hi Julien, and welcome to the forum!

If this is your first wheel, and you expected it to be completely quiet when turned on, then don't worry as it's indeed normal behaviour.  All wheels will make some sound when turned on. My V10F when turned on makes a whirring slightly raspy sound FWIW. If you have previous experience with other wheels and this sound is out of proportion to what you've previously experienced then something might be amiss of course, but if you're unsure then try to make a recording of it and people can chime in.

Thanks for welcoming ;)

Ok. So i think i really must be confused with my words (sorry i'm french)

I repeat it again. it is the sound of the FAN that i can hear straight out of the box (not the charger, the leds or the pitch sound).and no it's not my first wheel, but first with a cooling system.

Whatever, i opened it yesterday and disconnected the fan (so no noise anymore), as many of people i asked to have never heard the fan, ever with more than 2000km with the wheel.

Of course i keep monitoring, but after 20km, the temp is stricly the same than with the fan plugged (not suprising due to the fan size and it's position)

17 hours ago, pico said:

Are you sure you are not just listening to the normal small growl that the wheel makes at idle? 

Strangely enough the Inmotion App shows a fan. But to my knowledge there is no fan in the the V10F. May be for a future upgrade?

https://ecodrift.ru/2018/04/18/predserijnyj-inmotion-v10f-ne-kataemsya-a-izuchaem-ustrojstvo/

Yes really sure, as i disconnected the fan yesterday and no 

Noise anymore now ;)

The fan is behind the second part of the mother board, that's why you can't see it in the link you mentionned.

thx for help ;)

1 hour ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

But the V10 is one of the most quiet EUC's. Especially on riding :)

Of course, once the fan is no more  running ;)

18 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

I've never heard a fan with my charger..... :confused1:

No one (not me) has said this ;)

Edited by Julien Jaler

20 hours ago, pico said:

There is cooling fan in V10. See video (3:54 - 4:00).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9aotD8IlEw

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Robert Hendelman Jr said:

Just FYI: My V10 is Serial starting "12C" and Manfuacture date Dec 2018.

AFAIK is the "official" statement that only V10F wheels starting with 124 are affected.

Hi all,

I'm a new v10f owner from Belgium and this is my "first" EUC (after testing ks-18l a little bit before deciding to return it). I have ridden about 10km so far on v10f, overall it seems OK for my purposes (regular commuting and occasional riding around), but have some mixed feelings because of the application bugs and, more importantly, safety issue with runaway acceleration in case of a fall or fast enough horizontal lean (happened to me twice already while training and resulted in scratched pedal mounts).

BTW, firmware version on my unit is 2.2.10, but the application does not show the ride mode switch (Comfort/Classic), only the sensitivity slider.

24 minutes ago, genericsoma said:

BTW, firmware version on my unit is 2.2.10, but the application does not show the ride mode switch (Comfort/Classic), only the sensitivity slider.

Hm - interesting. On new wheels newer fw than for the old ones??

If Android app, you need at least 7.2.4 to get the comfort/classic decision button!.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:25 AM, Djal said:

Yes it's always on, red light on, for hours after the charger seems to reach 100% (it says 100% in the app).  It just keeps running with .04 showing on the charger.

1 hour ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hm - interesting. On new wheels newer fw than for the old ones??

If Android app, you need at least 7.2.4 to get the comfort/classic decision button!.

I have 7.2.4 on Android installed from Google Play. Maybe this fw is too new for the app (it's showing 2.2.8 as last downloadable fw). Do they have a page with a list of changes for different fw versions? At least in Chinese?

On 5/16/2019 at 5:25 PM, Kristof Willen said:

AFAIK is the "official" statement that only V10F wheels starting with 124 are affected. 

Well, that would depend on the Inmotion seller I believe, but as far as "official" goes I believe you're right. To the best of my knowledge, as a V10F owner who followed this from the get-go: 124 was the first batch, all vulnerable. From 125 Inmotion used a stronger silicon seal from factory (except for some wheels who were mislabelled 124s, all in France?). But the better seal was not deemed good enough for Inmotion USA who insisted on a new battery case for the battery, and retrofitted all V10Fs with it at great expense. Later models of the V10F all then shipped from factory with this new battery case (don't know what generation this started with). So the somewhat confusing official truth would seem to be that all wheels with serials >= 125 are good, except if you're in the US in which case it's not deemed safe enough by Inmotion USA and you need to get the new battery case (which later wheels all ship with from factory). Me personally, I have a 125* wheel and I sealed it up myself since I don't look favourably on even the remote possibility of having the wheel catch fire somewhere around my family.

For the OP I don't believe that's an issue as the wheel in question seems late enough that it's probably fitted with the battery case (but as I said I don't know exactly what version that started with).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LZMutant said:

Yes it's always on, red light on, for hours after the charger seems to reach 100% (it says 100% in the app).  It just keeps running with .04 showing on the charger.

Ok forget the charger please, it doesn’t matter. The subject is : FAN ALWAYS ON from start to stop (without the charger)

Whatever, i disconnected the fan and now it’s ok.

On 5/17/2019 at 12:10 PM, Djal said:

Ok forget the charger please, it doesn’t matter. The subject is : FAN ALWAYS ON from start to stop (without the charger)

Whatever, i disconnected the fan and now it’s ok.

What fan?  I've never heard a fan on the V10F...  That's why I thought you meant the charger.