New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

58 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

No - it's now 5 months, that inmotion china promised new fw for the V10(F)!!

Yes, I get that MBiker...

One of the first things I did when I joined this thread was to read all (then) 147 pages of comments.  It took me awhile but I'm aware of the very disappointing history this wheel along with the concurrent lack of support of the firmware and the app.  The long tease, the promises, the delays and the disappointments...etc.

It appears that Liam is a different rep than Bob, however, and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and try to take him at his word.  But I have listened (er...read) all you folks loud and clear.  My expectations are realistic, I think, in that I really don't have any.  Yet hope burns eternal; otherwise I wouldn't check back here.

That my App displays "comfort" and "classic" in Chinese is not a big a deal to me.  What is a big deal, however, is how startlingly easy fixing this issue would be; and that fact that it hasn't been done by now somewhat astonishing.  We're not rewriting the app here, just changing the names of two buttons...

The most galling thing to me is InMotion's active solicitation of sugguestions for their new wheels (in another thread) while their recently released flagship wheel is foundering...  I think we all agree their first concern should be not only fixing the firmware/app for the V10 and V10F but making it dazzling and worth every penny, pound or lire...

Message to InMotion:  Blow your customers away - don't blow them off.

12 hours ago, LZMutant said:
On 1/5/2019 at 3:28 PM, Liamfind said:

@LZMutant  Hello. Thank you for your feedback. I have reported it to our technical support team. The updated version will be launched at about next week. 

Hi - 

It's been over two weeks and the app hasn't been updated...  Firmware issues are still unaddressed.  

Can you explain?

Thanks!

@LZMutantHi, I am sorry for the inconvenience, we have already fixed it, I will inform you as soon as the new application version is released.

1550867407__20190117180557.thumb.png.31c462e1bf99fbd9627a82a189b966b8.png

10 hours ago, Lincy said:

@LZMutantHi, I am sorry for the inconvenience, we have already fixed it, I will inform you as soon as the new application version is released.

1550867407__20190117180557.thumb.png.31c462e1bf99fbd9627a82a189b966b8.png

Okay Lincy - here hoping that the firmware is corrected as well (I don't know off hand 2.2.9 is an upgrade or the old firmware.  Suspect is either the old firmware or a very minor fix).

You appear to be new here - I humbly suggest you read this long thread to gain an appreciation of the history and frustration levels of your 2018 buyers.

Thanks - 

On 1/18/2019 at 4:17 AM, LZMutant said:

Okay Lincy - here hoping that the firmware is corrected as well (I don't know off hand 2.2.9 is an upgrade or the old firmware.  Suspect is either the old firmware or a very minor fix).

You appear to be new here - I humbly suggest you read this long thread to gain an appreciation of the history and frustration levels of your 2018 buyers.

Thanks - 

@LZMutantHi, the new app is released, please update your app version, thanks.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Lincy said:

What is the current android app version that was just released? The android app store still shows v7.0.9, which was last updated in Nov 2018.

5 hours ago, Lincy said:

Hey Lincy -

It did not update today - my apps are set to automatically update when a new version hits the App Store. This is the iPhone version we are talking about, right?

I will check again tomorrow. 

Thanks. 

18 hours ago, Lincy said:

So Lincy - I checked the app just now.  It is NOT updated.  Below is the screen in question, screen shot taken just now (1/21/19).

This must be pretty embarrassing to InMotion.  Please let me know when the app is *really* updated in the USA on IOS.

IMG_9347.thumb.PNG.ade01a44b1dfb683fd5bfa34c5ffa8a7.PNG

On 1/20/2019 at 5:20 PM, Lincy said:

UPDATE!

The app for IOS updated today and now displays the comfort/classic buttons in English. Cool.  Thanks Lincy - sorry to be a little stiff but it seems to be the only way to get anything done around here. 

Anyone know if anything else in the app was changed other than the buttons?  

Firmware is unchanged. 

Your loyal reporter, Larry. 

Edited by LZMutant

5 hours ago, Smoother said:

Well, we've all seen how fast you ride, even off road, so this isn't surprising.:D

I was trying to overcome the bridge, not the speed involved but a jump in it and it went horribly wrong

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 12:58 AM, MBIKER_SURFER said:

What a sh....

My android app is showing chines letters, although I didn't update it. Play store has no newer version.

No FW update - chinese letters - whats next? :furious:

That is so frustrating. 

Iphone IOS finally got the English letters about a month ago. Hopefully Lincy is monitoring this thread and can help you out.  

The firmware situation is also very tedious.  Thinking back I don’t recall any of the INMOTION folks “promising” a fix, only saying they’d pass the complaints on to staff.  Maybe Lincy or Jason can give us a commitment of some sort, and perhaps a timeline?

• Upvote 1

Has Inmotion pulled/discontinued the V10F?  I just noticed both ewheels and Inmotion USA are no longer selling it. It's a little disconcerting seeing as I own one and wonder if parts will be available in the future. I've enjoyed the wheel immensely (minus the app, firmware and water problems). I figured if they took care of all the little problems they could end up with a major winner in the EUC market. What gives?:confused1:

2 hours ago, Lueksparky said:

Has Inmotion pulled/discontinued the V10F?  I just noticed both ewheels and Inmotion USA are no longer selling it. It's a little disconcerting seeing as I own one and wonder if parts will be available in the future. I've enjoyed the wheel immensely (minus the app, firmware and water problems). I figured if they took care of all the little problems they could end up with a major winner in the EUC market. What gives?:confused1:

I see it listed as in stock on Inmotion USA's website. Successfully added to cart for good measure.  ETA I see they bumped the price up too, probably due to tariffs. 

Edited by Glitched

41 minutes ago, Glitched said:

I see it listed as in stock on Inmotion USA's website. Successfully added to cart for good measure. 

My bad, I didn't look far enough in, it's under V10, you just need to select the "V10F" option. Still, ewheels isn't stocking them anymore, and I assume it has to do with the multiple problems it had initially.