New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

I'm also closing the app after riding. But the app wasn't seen anywhere running. After reboot the app was not running as far as I could see. Today I killed it, rebootet the smartphone - and it seems to have 'normal' behaviour again. More than annoying - all the other apps can stay opened for month - no problem. 

But looking on the firmware bugs, I'm not really wondering about this bad programming.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi -

Thank you for accepting me onto your forum...

i have ave a new V10F and an iPhone X for the App. Everything seems fine except I can’t transfer the programmed LED patterns from the App to the wheel. I receive an error message, “Transfer Failed.”

The wheel is on when I attempt the transfer and not moving (that’d be crazy!).  Bluetooth is connected and otherwise the App seems to be functioning normally. 

Any ideas?

Much appreciated!

8 hours ago, LZMutant said:

i have ave a new V10F and an iPhone X for the App. Everything seems fine except I can’t transfer the programmed LED patterns from the App to the wheel. I receive an error message, “Transfer Failed.”

The wheel is on when I attempt the transfer and not moving (that’d be crazy!).  Bluetooth is connected and otherwise the App seems to be functioning normally. 

You need to power on the wheel, press the anti spin button, and put the wheel on its resting stand (as if you're performing a firmware update).  This will allow the transfer to happen.

4 hours ago, Kristof Willen said:

You need to power on the wheel, press the anti spin button, and put the wheel on its resting stand (as if you're performing a firmware update).  This will allow the transfer to happen.

Thank you so much. What if I don’t have a resting stand?  May I simply hold it straight up?

Really appreciate it. (And also thanks Mbiker. Yes, connected.)

Everything worked great!  Now I have the light pattern I prefer...

Next question for you experienced folks...  Do you have pedal sensitivity settings that you use that are more responsive than the factory settings?

I love the ride of the V10F, but it is often like piloting a cruise ship.  Is there a way to make it more responsive in the settings?

Thanks again folks - 

22 minutes ago, LZMutant said:

Everything worked great!  Now I have the light pattern I prefer...

Next question for you experienced folks...  Do you have pedal sensitivity settings that you use that are more responsive than the factory settings?

I love the ride of the V10F, but it is often like piloting a cruise ship.  Is there a way to make it more responsive in the settings?

Thanks again folks - 

Try comfort mode and pedal sensitivity at around 50% (experiment to see which % you like). That should feel more responsive. You can also experiment with pedal tilt angle. 

Also, you will learn to put more weight to it. You need to use some force to command it. 

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 1

I'll try it.  

I mean, I knew to expect the response to be different.  The ride is a lot smoother - I just don't feel very nimble.  Some of it will come with practice, but I also think I can do some adjusting.

I'll try 50% if I can get out for a bit tonight and see what happens.  

Once again - thanks so much you guys!

• Like 1

Doesn't lowing the pedal sensitivity make it take a bit more body lean to respond?

What I've found to work best for me (so far) is getting at least one foot further forward on the pedal, so the toes are dangling off. That maximizes the responsiveness significantly more than whole body lean approach has (I also don't enjoy putting all my weight on my toes, feels sketchy). I also set the pedal angle at like -2 degrees or slightly more, in order to minimize the feeling like I'm dangling off the leading edge of the wheel to accelerate. Finally, I lower the pedal sensitivity to like 60-75, so my feet don't feel too upright by the -2 degree pedal tilt.   I think all this customization is a little crazy/overboard, but I blame it on the wheel's lower input sensitivity.

My firewheel f260 (550wh motor)  just needed toes off the board and walla, snappy acceleration that I think beats the v10f off the line. :(  Probably going to resell this wheel once a better weight to power ratio 16" comes out from KingSong. I'm also afraid this v10f is too big, heavy, & handle attachment hints of an oversized toy device, to bring to bars and other such establishments. Probably should've gone with a v8 or ks16s in hindsight.

Edited by Glitched
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Glitched said:

Doesn't lowing the pedal sensitivity make it take a bit more body lean to respond?

What I've found to work best for me (so far) is getting at least one foot further forward on the pedal, so the toes are dangling off. That maximizes the responsiveness significantly more than whole body lean approach has (I also don't enjoy putting all my weight on my toes, feels sketchy). I also set the pedal angle at like -2 degrees or slightly more, in order to minimize the feeling like I'm dangling off the leading edge of the wheel to accelerate. Finally, I lower the pedal sensitivity to like 60-75, so my feet don't feel too upright by the -2 degree pedal tilt.   I think all this customization is a little crazy/overboard, but I blame it on the wheel's lower input sensitivity.

My firewheel f260 (550wh motor)  just needed toes off the board and walla, snappy acceleration that I think beats the v10f off the line. :(  Probably going to resell this wheel once a better weight to power ratio 16" comes out from KingSong. I'm also afraid this v10f is too big, heavy, & handle attachment hints of an oversized toy device, to bring to bars and other such establishments. Probably should've gone with a v8 or ks16s in hindsight.

Good note.  I’ll try  

I adjusted the pedal sensitivity as Mbiker and Uni suggested above and it helped. I couldn’t, however, find a “Comfort Setting.”  Any idea where that resides?

Thanks all!

8 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

If you scroll down on the app - you'll see ClassicMode (right button) and Comfort Mode(left button). Which version of the app (android or IOS) do you use?

I'm on 7.1.1.0 on an iPhone X.

I looked last night and couldn't find any classic or comfort settings...  Is there an update I should look for?

BTW - I've been trying to read this thread in it's entirety since I'm concerned I'm asking questions that are redundant.  It appears there were several "dud" firmware and App updates...  Hopefully I have the best setup...so far (in very little riding) I haven't experienced any issues.

Thanks - 
Larry

3 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Yes - in Classic Mode you are limited - due to a fw bug - to approx. 34 km/h max speed - depending on battery level. Ans this is really done by hard back tilt.

In comfort mode - everything is fine. Soft back tilt on reaching 40 km/h limitation :)

Quite weird, as my Inmotion app shows a 35 km/h limit in Comfort mode - this is show in the orange circle on the screen with max & avg speed, total mileage, etc. I sometimes get a max speed of 36 or 38, but never reached anything higher then 38 km/h as maximum speed.

On 12/20/2018 at 1:18 AM, MBIKER_SURFER said:

That's what I'm riding too. But no comparison to the response of a V5F. This is due the high weight of the V 10 F :wub:

Wheel diameter is the biggest factor for responsiveness. Weight might have some effect, but compared to the rider the weight difference is very small. Smaller wheel diameter is more responsive due to physics. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LZMutant said:

Here’s my app screen. It appears the “modes” are in Chinese...

A9694B15-7EF0-470C-B3D9-418366765856.jpeg

MBiker - if this is the case which mode is “comfort?”

That’s funny. Their latest app version is a bit broken. 

Looks like you have the comfort mode on now. Maybe someone else can confirm it is the left one, I cannot check it right now. 

If you are comparing the responsiveness to a smaller wheel, you will not get there with any settings. Are you coming to the V10F from some other wheel? Have you tested any other wheels or sizes?

BTW, someone suggested moving you feet forward. That is a good suggestion and helps. I usually have my toes outside of the pedals. 

With time you will get used to the wheel and smaller wheels will feel like toys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

That’s funny. Their latest app version is a bit broken. 

Looks like you have the comfort mode on now. Maybe someone else can confirm it is the left one, I cannot check it right now. 

If you are comparing the responsiveness to a smaller wheel, you will not get there with any settings. Are you coming to the V10F from some other wheel? Have you tested any other wheels or sizes?

BTW, someone suggested moving you feet forward. That is a good suggestion and helps. I usually have my toes outside of the pedals. 

With time you will get used to the wheel and smaller wheels will feel like toys. 

Hi - as I've read through this thread (I'm on page 90 now) you've been very helpful with your posts and videos.  Really appreciate all that you've contributed, as well as the others here too.

I am coming from a V5F, my first wheel.  I bought it used over the Summer to learn how to ride and finally decided my progress justified making the leap to a more substantial wheel.  I suppose there was some brand loyalty involved as my choice was basically between an MCM5, a Z10 and our V10F.  Very different wheels of course but hey, here we are.  Through Marty's posts on the Facebook forum (and his videos) I was aware of the overheating/overload problem on 1Wheel's V10F, as well as the issues Michael Paolini had with his...but I was assured by Jason at ewheels that there had been some recalls and all the bugs were sorted out; after all I ordered in early December and most of the 1st batch problems were from wheels shipped May and June.  **Again I'm only on page 90!  Cut me some slack if I still need to get caught up with all the dread and danger...  ;*)     

V10F seems fine to me - these other App issues, however, have been a not-so-happy surprise.  I'd love to sort through these settings...comfort/classic, pedal tilt or no pedal tilt, Diet Coke or Coke Zero,...you know what I mean.  Having mysterious menu structures and some info in Chinese...welp...it ain't helping.  

Agree that in time the V10 will supplant the V5F as the love of my life, but right now I'm at that transition point where it feels like I'm piloting a large yacht through a syrup sea and getting a little bogged down on my mounts/dismounts, and quick turns.  I got rather nimble with the V5F and miss that sense of control...but then it's only been about a week of practice.

This is all to say thank you - you make this road a little smoother!  :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1