New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

2 hours ago, Glitched said:

So out of the box my v10f accelerates at half the speed of my 4 year old 550Wh 16" firewheel f260. haha. I haven't gotten a chance to check the tire pressure yet (I'm guessing they deflate it somewhat for shipping) or change drive modes from comfort to classic, but I hope that lights a fire under this wheel's motor because it's slooow. TBH I can't really push it past 10mph very easily at all so I must be doing something wrong. I suspect I need to have my center of gravity closer to the front edge of these massive pedals? 

I got it to the 2.28 firmware, petal sensitivity is 100% and pedal angle is 1 degree sloped up. 

So when I first got the v10f, I felt the same way. You're going to want to make sure it is in comfort mode, not classic, for best performance.

It takes some time to get used to the wheel. Give it about a week of practice, you will feel much more nimble on it -- I guarantee it!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, King Llama said:

So when I first got the v10f, I felt the same way. You're going to want to make sure it is in comfort mode, not classic, for best performance.

It takes some time to get used to the wheel. Give it about a week of practice, you will feel much more nimble on it -- I guarantee it!

I'll second that; coming from the KS16B I found the V10F much more stable but less responsive in comparison. It's nothing I think about now though, and it rides so much better than my previous wheel. And yes, make sure it's in comfort mode, I found that more responsive compared to the classic mode. Also, try out some different values for the pedal sensitivity, with 100% you're going to get a stiffer ride - I can't remember exactly what I have set but for me personally 60-70% feels good.

Did you check your setup for max speed?

In terms of accelaeratinon there is no difference between comfort and classic mode. In comfort mode you are able to touch the 40 km/h max speed - in classic mode there is a fw bug which limits you to max speed of 36 km/h at full battery level.

5 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Did you check your setup for max speed?

In terms of accelaeratinon there is no difference between comfort and classic mode. In comfort mode you are able to touch the 40 km/h max speed - in classic mode there is a fw bug which limits you to max speed of 36 km/h at full battery level.

I don't think that's correct - I didn't stay with classic mode for long but felt a difference in handling and acceleration. Also, if you check the firmware update changelog you'll see this being explicitly mentioned:

https://www.myinmotion.com/blogs/news/v10-firmware-update-2-2-7

Edited by Nils

Is anyone using a stand to hold their V10F?  I use a guitar stand for my MTen3, but it is too small for the V10F.  Can anyone recommend anything?  Pictures?   Thanks!

My MTen3 on it's stand.  

I read that comfort mode is actually more responsive than classic mode, per Bob Yan's comment on someone's video review on Youtube. Nuts. I'll have to switch back to comfort mode and try again. I thought people here were saying it was the opposite, but I just need to reread some of this thread now that i've got the wheel in hand. Day 3 I think I'm getting a little more acceleration out of it. Takes more body lean for sure than my lighter yet underpowered firewheel.  Also can't tell the differences between different pedal sensitivities. 

ETA: According to this super scientific test, I should get equal or better acceleration than a 14D and v8 with a v10f. 

Edited by Glitched

37 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Don't believe everaything, what is written :) - just try it.

The riding on these heavy wheels (> 20 kg) is different to the light wheels - for sure!

I'm switching between a V5F and a V10 F - worlds between. But the V5F has no FW bugs :rolleyes:

I have a V8 and a V10F, the V8 is 13 kg and the V10F is 20. My ideal wheel should be not heavier than 15 kg in my opinion, with a 2,5" tire and the same attention to usability given to the v10F. I hope the next developments will go in the direction of reducing the weight as well...

• Upvote 1

I ride the MTen3 (10-inch wheel) and the V10F.   The MTen3 is fast and maneuverable.  It stops quickly.  It is only 15% of my body weight so it feels very easy to control and to turn on a dime.   I use the MTen3 for my downtown commute; in the city, I feel comfortable going faster with the MTen3 because I know that I can stop it and turn it faster.   I can also go slower in the MTen3; I can hold a sub-walking speed.   But for long trips in a straight line, the V10F is much faster and more comfortable.  

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 10:08 PM, novazeus said:

i have 4 brass tire extensions that came with my 4 ninebot wheels. 

i use them on my kingsong as well.

whoever thought a tube valve stem with short threads and a shoulder at the base of the threads was a good idea for my inmotion v10f, should go work for our government, u will fit in perfectly.

i wanted to get in some riding late this evening, and it took me an half hour sweating my u know what off trying to screw with that abomination of a tube valve stem.

inmotion should provide it’s owners, at the very least, a valve extension that works with their tube stem that defies any logic.

people make mistakes all the time, but to design something and ship it out knowing it was practically impossible to check the air or put air in the tube, is just rude.

so as a gesture of goodwill my suggestion to inmotion is, give ur customers a free cover and a free tube valve extension that works with their insane tube valve stem, and since some are sending their wheels back to the shop, and some have dinged theirs up, since inmotion is disassembling the whole wheel anyway, instead of putting a dinged up cover or parts back on, offer those customers a very discounted fee to refurbish. 

mine still looks like new but if it was dinged and i had to send it back for disassembly, i’d pay a little extra for new parts.

shit happens how u deal with shit is what defines ur company.

rant over, for now. and yes, i remembered how to ride it, and it was a little funky starting out.

So did the brass tire extensions not work on the v10f? I have an extender but the v10f stem is so hard to keep angled out from the tire while tightening the extender that it leaks air as I pump no matter how many times I try.  I even stupidly tried to use a screwdriver for leverage and made a nice little indent in the wheel where the rod of the screwdriver pushed in. 

Is this supposed to be easier to use, somehow?  Hoping I can find a local shop that carries an extender, as my tires been deflated now by these attempts..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/140mm-Car-Auto-Truck-Brass-Wheel-Tire-Valve-Cap-Tyre-Stem-Extension-Extender-Tire-Inflation-Valve/32891050431.html?spm=2114.search0604.3.115.25e5826aT3DzhO&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_5017015_10065_10068_10843_10059_5016815_10696_100031_10084_10083_5017115_10103_451_10618_452_5016915_10304_10307_10820_10821_10302,searchweb201603_56,ppcSwitch_7&algo_expid=00c25c31-6ea6-437a-b6fb-8b350c53d67d-17&algo_pvid=00c25c31-6ea6-437a-b6fb-8b350c53d67d&priceBeautifyAB=0

Edited by Glitched

Would this extension work?  

https://www.amazon.com/ForShop-Extension-Extender-Schrader-Inflator/dp/B07J6R23XN/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1540562665&sr=8-4&keywords=tire+inflator+extender+hose

I have the same issue, but I am in the USA.

Yep I bought a smaller looking valve extender, pack of 4 from autozone for 5 bucks. Night and day difference in hooking up to the pitiful valve stem.  I tried hopping onto the wheel with around 37psi in it and suddenly the wheel was suuper sensitive, I couldn't stop it from accelerating and I had to jump off lol. I'm only 140lbs. Will be interesting to see how this rides with the higher psi (compared to how it came shipped) and set back into comfort mode. The high pitched noises are less in comfort mode, FWIW, when you're idling the wheel. 

Edited by Glitched

I've been using this guitar stand for the past week, not sure how long it will hold up but looks great on it. Also got my V10F cover that InMotion promised for their weather proofing repair delays for new buyers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018FCZKR2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ETA - with the tire around 30 psi, comfort mode, -2 degree pedal incline and ~50% pedal sensitivity, the acceleration is MUCH improved from out of the box, like 80%. The off the line torque still isn't exactly sporty, but I think there might be even more torque left in the tank. Kind of depends how willing I am to put all my weight into my tip toes, which just can't be right...  But maybe I do need to adjust my foot position more forward for maximum torque. That sure made a massive difference on my old firewheel f260.  Accelerating quickly between 0-15mph is where I get most of my fun at as of now, besides the speakers. :lol: 

image.thumb.png.b04b25062a9c9361ef41b855a7dee6bb.png

Edited by Glitched
  • Like 2

Has anyone gotten their V10F pretty wet since the refurbishment? My Seattle weather has turned from a very pretty September and October to a wet November. My wheel was refurbished in August, but I have yet to take it out after our weather turned sour. I'm starting to suffer from wheel withdrawal, but I would hate to get it soaked and then have it start displaying the "light dance of death".

• 2 weeks later...