New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

3 hours ago, maltocs said:

TWENTY-EIGHT OVERLOADS V10F

Inmotion V10F, Firmware 2.2.8, Comfort Mode
Rider Weight 205 lb, Air Temp 90F
Distance Up per Inmotion App - 5.8 miles
Altitude Climbed per Garmin GPS Watch / Relive: 3009 ft

Might also be interesting to do it in Classic mode which is supposed to be less subject to overheat...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Just came in my email:

[..]

I've had the battery indicator not go all the way around a few times, but I'm not sure if that's strange behaviour enough. I've not ridden in wet conditions, only some mildly damp surfaces after rain. I don't think I'm affected. 

Anyway, I like that they are taking these things seriously. Again the right response from the company. Let's see how this develops. :)

Thanks for forwarding this! Can't say I'm too happy about it given the already present overload problems, but as you say they do appear to take it seriously. Since I didn't get any email myself, I'm guessing you might have ordered directly from inmotion and thus got the email?

1 hour ago, Fastmike said:

It will be nice to know what are the production dates of the concerned wheels? All?  

@Bobwheel, can you please shed some lights on this?

Many thanks

The release says "current released batches", so the way I'm reading it it would be all wheels shipped from the factory so far.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Nils said:

The release says "current released batches", so the way I'm reading it it would be all wheels shipped from the factory so far.

I had a doubt since the message was originated by InMotion USA, and was not sure if they were speaking about the batches they did ship, since they were shipping the earliest batches from the factory, or if they were speaking about built batches from the Chinese factory.

Edited by Fastmike

@UniVehje

Thanks for this info. Due to the fact, that my V10 is in repair, I didn't ride it last week, when I got 100%wet - so did my 5F. Fortunately without any problems.

This info is really essential, because I wouldn't care start riding, if the wheather isn't too stable.

We'll see, what inmotion will propose to us on this issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Just came in my email:

I've had the battery indicator not go all the way around a few times, but I'm not sure if that's strange behaviour enough. I've not ridden in wet conditions, only some mildly damp surfaces after rain. I don't think I'm affected. 

Anyway, I like that they are taking these things seriously. Again the right response from the company. Let's see how this develops. :)

I've road it on wet pavement several times already after a rain and through puddles which I couldn't avoid. This news is disappointing. Sure hope the fix can be done without sending it in.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I've road it on wet pavement several times already after a rain and through puddles which I couldn't avoid. This news is disappointing. Sure hope the fix can be done without sending it in.

I agree! Hopefully they can just ship a new gasket or sealant with clear instructions on how to install it

7 hours ago, maltocs said:

Wow just  wow. 

There was the time when I was thinking about V10F. I'm glad that i heard voice of reason and @Scatcat and bought Rockwheel GT16 instead… no problem at all just fun ?

KS18L wheel locking, V10F overloads. I start thinking that newest constructions are a little overenginered ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DarthPeter said:

Wow just  wow. 

There was the time when I was thinking about V10F. I'm glad that i heard voice of reason and @Scatcat and bought Rockwheel GT16 instead… no problem at all just fun ?

KS18L wheel locking, V10F overloads. I start thinking that newest constructions are a little overenginered ?

If at least that statement only applied to EUC... but is also true for cars, software, phones, etc... welcome to the new century! :w00t2:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fastmike said:

Might also be interesting to do it in Classic mode which is supposed to be less subject to overheat...

Classic ride mode is not better at Overheat or Overloads. In fact its faster to reach the Overloads in Classic, so dont bother. Classic just protects the vehicle better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maltocs said:

In the California desert on the I-15 freeway, beginning at Baker, CA (entrance to Death Valley) major car manufacturers do heat/stress tests on their wrapped up secret cars on the 50 mile uphill stretch at the hottest spot in North America. EUC Manufactures need to do the same. Well, @Bobwheel, I've done it for you with the InMotion V10F firmware 2.2.8. Today, I attempted to climb the 9 mile/4500 elevation Mt Wilson Toll Road. I didn't make it due to extensive overloads, I gave up and went back down the hill after abour 5.8 miles. HERE IS THE DATA

Inmotion V10F, Firmware 2.2.8, Comfort Mode
Rider Weight 205 lb, Air Temp 90F
Distance Up per Inmotion App - 5.8 miles
Altitude Climbed per Garmin GPS Watch / Relive: 3009 ft

The spreadsheet you can send your engineers can be found here: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pkJHSlUypXWwVALSNeAbRrx_s4nYjyW8_6t8HARBhrg/edit?usp=sharing

The source data (screenshot of the InMotion App) can be found here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sYYzVtEX1z27xwiA7

Relive Graphic based on Garmin GPS Watch can be found here:

https://www.relive.cc/view/g23272876565

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 10.13.21 PM copy.jpg

Lets try this same test with my KS18L and get a comparison vehicle test. This will be a good test, because the 18L is the 2nd over 24mph vehicle that Kingsong has produced, so it should do better. I am curious to see the results for better or worse. It will also give the Shenzhen companies a little competition research.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Classic ride mode is not better at Overheat or Overloads. In fact its faster to reach the Overloads in Classic, so dont bother. Classic just protects the vehicle better.

Inmotion says it’s 9% better. 

5BAFB34D-13FF-44ED-BA2B-E27FB6305020.jpeg

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Inmotion says it’s 9% better. 

5BAFB34D-13FF-44ED-BA2B-E27FB6305020.jpeg

I didnt say it because I hadnt tried it. I have tried their advice. Its nonsense! It is worse, and I bet I could almost get it to overload by just looking at it like I was going to ride it rough in Classic Mode. Their prospectus of the engineering that you quote is what they suggest you will feel, but not what it can accomplish.

Classic Mode was a big waste of engineering time, and gives them a CYA excuse to say they have a safety measure for such scenarios. They do not. Well maybe they do, because if you cant ride it, thats about as safe as the vehicle gets.

Edited by Stan Onymous
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I didnt say it because I hadnt tried it. I have tried their advice. Its nonsense! It is worse, and I bet I could almost get it to overload by just looking at it like I was going to ride it rough in Classic Mode. Their prospectus of the engineering that you quote is what they suggest you will feel, but not what it can accomplish.

Classic Mode was a big waste of engineering time, and gives them a CYA excuse to say they have a safety measure for such scenarios. They do not. Well maybe they do, because if you cant ride it, thats about as safe as the vehicle gets.

I think the V10F is looking more and more like an excellent intermediate wheel but should not be considered an entrance into the performance category of wheels.

And now with their announcement that you should keep it perfectly dry (not even ride on wet pavement), it's also only a fair weather wheel. That's OK for us in Southern California, but not so much for the rest of you.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

This is all just anecdotes. I think the point of someone suggesting trying Maltoc’s controlled test with Classic mode is exactly to get the data and see if that 9% claim is correct of if there is any difference between them. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Just came in my email:

Who does this affect?  

3 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Who does this affect?  

It says it on the text itself. Looks like they have found a possibility that their water protection is not up to their standard and riding in rain can cause water to go into wrong places. And they are taking it seriously. I understood it’s about all current wheels. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

This is all just anecdotes. I think the point of someone suggesting trying Maltoc’s controlled test with Classic mode is exactly to get the data and see if that 9% claim is correct of if there is any difference between them.

Yes, and skill or ability is anecdotal as well. We all bring our own styles to riding that will make any standardized analysis seem like an outlier. That is the idea of the scientific tests, to capture the greatest accuracy within the bell curve of experience.

What InMotion could be claiming is that they limited the power by 9% and assume that it is a power situation. It is anecdotal as well when viewed in that light. For example in 2010 Capri Sun drink pouches claimed they cut their sugar content by 20% in their drinks, even though it remained the same percentage of sugar in the drink. They did it by decreasing the size of the pouches from 10 oz to 8 oz.

All we have is anecdotal in regards to these machines. We get no circuit diagrams in the manuals, nor any load graphs. We buy them for the experience of riding them on their claims that they are “better” than the previous vehicles. Your assertion that anecdotes are irrelevent is a bit too nihilistic for our situations. For instance would only 5% better still make it accurate? Would 12% make it less? Especially since it IS happening to many people who dont want any of it.

Edited by Stan Onymous
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

It says it on the text itself. Looks like they have found a possibility that their water protection is not up to their standard and riding in rain can cause water to go into wrong places. And they are taking it seriously. I understood it’s about all current wheels. 

didn't get an email, maybe it is in later batch of wheels built?  

15 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

My pre-production V10F failed because of water intrusion. So maybe they thought their fix was good but in the real world, not so much.

Eddie, do some tests during your next rain :D

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Oh Marty you are a salty dog for the InMotion wounded.

I am heartened by 2 things in this Wheel.  1). This is their first higher speed attempt at a wheel, and even though it has not fixed the problems, the company has been extremely responsive. The latest water snafu shows that they are not afraid to get ahead of the game with respect to faults even when the going gets tough. Their recent silence on a fix for the Overload leads me to believe that they are working on it instead of researching it. That speaks progress. The rest of the wheel really is amazing and the ride is beyond refined...

That leads me to 2). The community of InMotion fans is very loyal, but there is a 3 way split. Some are annoyed and wish it would resolve itself on its own or with a patch, some are annoyed and are anxious to find a quick fix and have it resolved, and some have decided to look elsewhere. I believe the vast majority of the community falls into the two former columns, and that means that we are all pulling for InMotion to find a solution to the V10F. It speaks great belief in a company out of Loyalty. It is an Animal spirit in Economic terms. These Animal spirits when directed correctly can accomplish astonishing feats.

So now we wait.

I think I'm just being realistic, and btw, a lot more gentle than all the Gotway bashers out there. You Inmotion fans are just as rationalistic as us Gotway fans :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/2/2018 at 6:18 PM, Marty Backe said:

I think the V10F is looking more and more like an excellent intermediate wheel but should not be considered an entrance into the performance category of wheels.

And now with their announcement that you should keep it perfectly dry (not even ride on wet pavement), it's also only a fair weather wheel. That's OK for us in Southern California, but not so much for the rest of you.

I consider V10F still a work in progress. It’s been getting better and we are still waiting to hear what fixes there will be.

But I’m not sure if they have ever even tried to be in “performance category” (I guess you mean speed). Most of its best features cannot be seen on spec sheets. And I think they are mostly aiming for mass market and general audience. Not us geeks on this forum. I would judge this wheel on build quality, safety and comfort. They seem to try to excell in those categories mostly. But yeah, Gotway fans are probably not their target audience. 

I’m glad Gotways can be ridden in any weather and never have any problems with water. And even if in a rare occasion a Gotway got wet inside, the Kebye company takes it very seriously. ?:cheers:

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I was in the pre-order batch and got it straight from InMotion. Maybe distributors will send a separate email to their customers later today?