New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

12 hours ago, Chriull said:

Seems to be a great idea to implement tiltback like this! Just i'd assume "remaining power of the battery" is not the right expression but there should be something like remaining "output power of the wheel/(system)"?

A nice addition would also be to not make this tiltback start at a fixed percentage of the "remaining output power" but in relation to the actual acceleration, so that tiltback comes with the same "turn rate" no matter "how one drives". And/or limiting the "turn rate" of the tiltback so the worst "side effect"  - the "tilt back of death" which (almost) catapults one from the wheel - could be eliminated.

Some tricky decisions will have to taken, like how to handle:

- riders accelerating like hell from low speeds, but "knowing" to stop this early enough - they should not be bothered by a tiltback too soon, and also not be catapulted off the wheel if they once accelerate a bit longer... On the other side with this "a little bit longer acceleration" they would be near the output power limit and going to overlean any moment anyway - but overleaning is their own fault, beeing catapulted off the wheel is the firmwares fault. :D

- once one drives at higher (constant) speeds and hit some bump/hole or just enters an incline, so that this "remaining output power" percentage goes instantly from some "low" number to somewhere around this 95%. With the actual implementation this would mean tiltback goes as fast as possible to the 22 degrees and again introducing a "tilt back of death"? Or do you already have some tiltback "turn rate limitation"?.

One is again anyhow very near to overlean/fall and should be warned - but the approaching accident should no be triggered by a "tiltback of death"...

I'm looking forward to the next evolutionary steps taken from the "stupid" fixed speed tiltback, reports on how the implementation "succeded" and/or maybe some more insights directly from the source from @Bobwheel!

I like your reasoning, and I also like that the tiltback is related to remaining battery power instead of some fixed speed. ?

Another way of controlling the turn speed of the tiltback, however, might be to use a low-pass filter on the input data stream. By designing the filter correctly, one could make sure that temporary short bursts of power don't trigger tiltbacks unnecessarily as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I rode it today in the L.A. heat of over 100°F up and down very steep hills over all pavement and blacktop with V2.27. I weigh 150lbs and will wear my 25lb weight vest tonight for another test when it cools to the 90°’s F. The vehicle read 62°C at the hottest, but no tiltback or warning sounds. EVERYTHING WORKS AS PROMISED...   so far. I only took two rides on in Comfort Ride Mode, which is like a stable Kingsong ride and Classic which is like the V8 and V5f feel of balance and lightness. Morning ride was done at over 90°F for 3.6 miles and at 1pm in over 100°F heat for 5.3 miles. 

It is back to MUST RIDE status for me. Damn the heat!?

Is this the new beta firmware that Bob is rolling out to a few people?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I'm curious how your 175lb test in the heat will pan out for you. If you can, let me know what exact hills you are doing at Griffith Park and I'll try to duplicate your route with all 200lbs of me. 

I will ride up to Arroyo Seco and the Rose Bowl tonight if you want to test it for yourself. Let me know what time works for you. P.M. me. I am thinking around 9:30 for an arrival time. There are a couple of great hills, paved and unpaved to test it out on.

• Like 2

@maltocs just curious, what tire pressure are you running? i’m like u, 200 pounds(maybe more, i don’t wanna look and u can’t make me) and i pump the tire up to at least 45 psi which is 5 over the sidewall pressure, but we’re 80 pounds over the max tire load of 165 pounds. only people that weigh 120 pounds could ride this tire at the sidwall pressure of 40 psi, according to kenda.

i probably should ride it at 50 psi. the rolling resistance of an underinflated tire, which it would be @200 pound rider and 40 psi is obviously gonna be greater than say, chooch who looks to be about 120, if my carnival skills are still in tune.

20180509_132329

29 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I will ride up to Arroyo Seco and the Rose Bowl tonight if you want to test it for yourself. Let me know what time works for you. P.M. me. I am thinking around 9:30 for an arrival time. There are a couple of great hills, paved and unpaved to test it out on.

I’ve done that ride from The Montecito rec center where the trail begins To the dirt path at the Arroyo Park in South Pasadena and then looping around the Rose Bowl And then back down along the route Boulevard. Even with my weight The wheel can’t handle it no problem, but it is a pretty small incline. I’m going to PM you in a few and let’s add a detour to the hills at Ernst Debs Park and I’m in  that’s the park where I get overloads every time

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I’ve done that ride from The Montecito rec center where the trail begins To the dirt path at the Arroyo Park in South Pasadena and then looping around the Rose Bowl And then back down along the route Boulevard. Even with my weight The wheel can’t handle it no problem, but it is a pretty small incline. I’m going to PM you in a few and let’s add a detour to the hills at Ernst Debs Park and I’m in  that’s the park where I get overloads every time

Well, I will be coming from west of Dodgers Stadium off of Sunset up to Elysian Park and up Pasadena Ave via an elevated bike path between the 110 freeway. After that to some other road at the 5points intersection, but between the Arroyo Seco and the Rose Bowl is that park with hiking trails that has a steep road or two into the valley. Its all potholes and loose gravel. 

I will google Emst Debs park and meet you there. 

Oh that is at the trailhead for the Arroyo Seco path. You mean that steep dirt hill with the homeless encampment up top full of trailers and broken down RV’s? It says keep out and no trespassing and other menacing phrases that are only cautionary in the Day, but I am thinking more so in the night? Yeah... I can meet you .,,.,. There abouts

Edited by Stan Onymous

13 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Well, I will be coming from west of Dodgers Stadium off of Sunset up to Elysian Park and up Pasadena Ave via an elevated bike path between the 110 freeway. After that to some other road at the 5points intersection, but between the Arroyo Seco and the Rose Bowl is that park with hiking trails that has a steep road or two into the valley. Its all potholes and loose gravel. 

I will google Emst Debs park and meet you there. 

Oh that is at the trailhead for the Arroyo Seco path. You mean that steep dirt hill with the homeless encampment up top full of trailers and broken down RV’s? It says keep out and no trespassing and other menacing phrases that are only cautionary in the Day, but I am thinking more so in the night? Yeah... I can meet you .,,.,. There abouts

yeah, i know the area very well. It's not LA If you don't see homeless along the river paths! See the PM for the meet spot! Thanks.

7 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

The demo version had sent out 12 hours ago, and @maltocs can get yours today or tomorrow. I'll be able to get more in depth insights from our team soon. 

YES! @maltocs, you will be the key test person as about the same weight of 210lb...   :w00t2: impatient to get your feedback on main remaining issue to me...

Edited by Fastmike

Hi,

no connection losses anymore since 2.2.7 is installed☺️

But max speed is shown up with 46 km/h?? Although it's set to 33 km/h.

Max consumption was 1843 W.

I find the tilt back on max speed to hard  - especially if you're getting it f.i.3 X times consecutively.

What makes me laughing is the average consumption: 2 Wh per km - in facht, this is a nice feature.

But the display of rest battery is a bit strange. On riding, I've seen it down to 6% (accelarating wheel on plane) - 3 km later, it said 30 % left. On what event is the tilt back triggered because of low battery?

Still on 10%?

Regards

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Demargon said:

Anybody else have problems with the iM app login? I been using it until a few minutes, now I get the login fail note when I try to login

Yes, it does that to me using Android but if I exit the app and open it again it usually connects no problem. What I also found is that once it is connected, if you turn off the V10 and turn it back on again it will connect automatically to the wheel, sometimes.

• Upvote 1

I'm used to logging when my app throw the "another has logging with the same account" message, but this time I wasn't able to do the logging again. I have two accounts and now none of those works

Edited by Demargon

4 minutes ago, Demargon said:

The app stuck in the logging screen, no "me" and others tabs. I try the mail logging and the forgot password option, none seems to work

Just to be sure, did you try killing the app and cleaning the app cache and reboot your phone? If does not work, uninstall, reboot and reinstall might help.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Screenshot_20180708-140015-max-Speed-46-falsch.thumb.png.81df914d3a30c7b0a3b7cc1fa982a635.png

I wouldn't like to run that speed!

Glad, this is a fault with the new FW - you see the max speed I set up is 33km/h

If you get some air off a jump or a curb or the wheel spins in dirt, it can register that speed and I cant remember if the speed warning sound came on or not.

I do feel that 24 mph or 23 mph feels faster than what it is registering for some reason, since I have done faster on my KS18s and my Mten3. So I am also inclined to believe that it didnt reach that speed as well. ?

13 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

That could be the fault mph to km/h- but you can see, that the speed limitation is shown up correct: km/h

But I thought, 1 mile is roughly 1,6 km? Or has this changed since Trump ?

Yep, you have to add 20% tax and now 1 mile is 1.92km   ?

• Like 2