New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

The English on rhat manual is not very good. There could be ambiguity. 

I think the app says mainboard. 

That might be part of the issue if accurate! Since we cannot see battery temp.

The manual mentions overheat protection when battery gets too hot. If I recall, when Marty made his test with the pre-prdocution wheel, it worked pretty well. BUT, first Marty is in the 'good range' in regarding weight (less than 85Kg), and also the battery on the pre-production wheel was not totally wrapped.

That was a cause of the failure of that pre-production wheel after being exposed to light rain, when water got to the battery as explained by @Bobwheel at that time.

I might be totally wrong, but battery being now totally wrapped as it should to prevent water to get in, also means less dissipation. So battery get hotter!

By comparison, looking at the KS18L pics available on the net, the batteries are not put in a 'big pack' as on the V10F, allowing more cooling.

I am not saying that to be the root cause of the problem, but might be a factor...

Edited by Fastmike
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2018 at 12:34 PM, Gunthor said:

I wrote: " backward force", "moving motion", "strong moving force" so I thought this to be clear enough that the wheel in a strong accelerating state. So the Firmware-Bug I'm talking about is not the tilt back but the fact that together with the tilt back the wheel wants to move backward with high speed! I need to hold the wheel firm in order to not get run over by the wheel. If I don't hold the wheel it would try to run into me or someone else!!! This is dangerous and abnormal behavior - especially on slopes - and needs to be addressed!

I will confirm this. Why not just limiting speed to max. say 15 km/h and at 5% to 10 km/h. Better riding at low speed than walking!

I had this symptom this morning - incredible. It would be enough to tilt the pedal - but his behaviour.......?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Fastmike said:

Actually, I was looking at Eddie's video trying to overheat the V10F and the voice message he got was 'Overload' but the wheel was in fact overheating. 

(at 16'48"   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s37602dfM_Y)

153F is not very hot. 180 to 190F is hot. 

13 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

153F is not very hot. 180 to 190F is hot. 

If you have a look to Eddie's comment under the video, he mentions the fact that his KS16 overheated about the same temp (67°C vs 63.8°C for the V10F). I should admit that 3°C make a difference of about 5%. Wait and see if InMotion can bump the temp threshold a bit in the firmware.

Edited by Fastmike

Hi Anna

Congrats for your new EUC! Great quality videos by the way! I didn't  receive my V10F as yet so unfortunately cannot tell you more about that high pitch noise you got.

Usually that type of coil sound is not good in electronics but might be normal on the V10. I am sure that current owners will get back to you soon on that.

Enjoy

Phil

Edited by Fastmike
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

Usually that type of coil sound is not good in electronics but might be normal on the V10

Hello Phil, thanks for comment. Electromotrs usually do some noise (that is normal) but unfortunately I thing that this isnt typical and I'm afraid that I have some bad manufactory batch.

Edited by Anna Veverkova
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Anna Veverkova said:

Hello guys, I made a couple videos from unboxing and first ride on my new Inmotion V10F. I really love this wheel but I think - my EUC have some motor defect. Its because of "high pitch noise". What do you think? That noise you can hear on the end of my unboxing video.

My YouTube videos:

Unboxing = https://youtu.be/hz27x1LuErI

First bigger ride = https://youtu.be/Aiy9oM6MQys

I will be glad for sharing. Have a nice day :)

High pitch noise is quite normal - or it was, just some of the newest wheels reduced the noise. In the 20 secs of your unboxing vid quite nothing is to hear - so it should be ok, or my loudspeakers do not playback the high frequencies well?

You could also look which firmware your inmotion has - with some updates they changed to way the firmware drives the motor and the high pitched sound is reduced. Before updating you should read the corresponding topics here carefully - with some version there were imo some problems?

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Chriull said:

In the 20 secs of your unboxing

I suppressed the sounds around me so you cant hear the noise here. That sound you can hear from 4:15.

My firmware is 1.1.6 - inmotion app does not offer an update and I didnt do any.

Its really annoying - yesterday I went to the elevator and people were mad around me becaouse of this sound. 

Edited by Anna Veverkova

1 minute ago, Anna Veverkova said:

I suppressed the sounds around me so you cant hear the nouse here. That sound you can hear from 4:15.

Yes - i meant exactly this part of your video.

1 minute ago, Anna Veverkova said:

My firmware is 1.1.6 - inmotion app does not offer an update and I didnt do any.

Here in some other post they mention a firmware version 2.2.6 (which caused some troubles). Is your "1.1.6" a typing error? If not you maybe can only update with a newer app/apk version?

4 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Here in some other post they mention a firmware version 2.2.6 (which caused some troubles). Is your "1.1.6" a typing error? If not you maybe can only update with a newer app/apk version?

No, It isnt a typing error. If I try to do an update inmotion application will told me that - there is no another update. So there is possibility that inmotion withdrew version 2.2.6.

14 minutes ago, Anna Veverkova said:

No, It isnt a typing error. If I try to do an update inmotion application will told me that - there is no another update.

I meant that you maybe have a very old app on your mobile device and this maybe needs to be updated before the firmware can be updated?

The jump from 1.1.6 to 2.2.6 seems to be quite huge...

.... but there should be enough inmotion owners knowing all of this in detail - i just read a bit about this from time to time since i have no inmotion ...

1 minute ago, Chriull said:

I meant that you maybe have a very old app on your mobile device and this maybe needs to be updated before the firmware can be updated?

The jump from 1.1.6 to 2.2.6 seems to be quite huge...

.... but there should be enough inmotion owners knowing all of this in detail - i just read a bit about this from time to time since i have no inmotion ...

I believe that the original firmware was 1.1.6 and next released was 2.2.6 which has been since removed, pending for some bug correction.

The last version of the app for Android is 7.0.4 and 7.0.7 for IOS.

Hope this helps

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fastmike said:

The last version of the app for Android is 7.0.4 and 7.0.7 for IOS.

Guys my application is 7.0.7 (iPhone) and wheel firmware is 1.1.6. All of this is on the newest version (which are offered).

Edited by Anna Veverkova
  • Upvote 1

On 7/3/2018 at 2:06 PM, MBIKER_SURFER said:

I will confirm this. Why not just limiting speed to max. say 15 km/h and at 5% to 10 km/h. Better riding at low speed than walking!

I had this symptom this morning - incredible. It would be enough to tilt the pedal - but his behaviour.......?

Today again - walking, although 10% rest capacity. It's rather annoying - or should we get 10% discount for not being able to use 100%? ?

Honestly, that should be fixed with the next firmware. I don't like walking having a V10F - although it's not doing well in curves up to now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Today again - walking, although 10% rest capacity. It's rather annoying - or should we get 10% discount for not being able to use 100%? ?

Honestly, that should be fixed with the next firmware. I don't like walking having a V10F - although it's not doing well in curves up to now.

Be happy you have a V10F. V10 users will probably start walking earlier....   ?

Not joking, even being able to ride at 5kmh will be better than pushing...

Edited by Fastmike

2 hours ago, Anna Veverkova said:

Guys my application is 7.0.7 (iPhone) and wheel firmware is 1.1.6. All of this is on the newest version (which are offered).

The PreProduction model had a whine, not sure what firmware it was on. See video from @Marty Backe

The shipping firmware for the first batch in the USA was much quieter. Also not sure what firmware version it was.

Then the update firmware since pulled was about the same as the shipping firmware. That one is 2.2.6.

Maybe yours shipped with preproduction firmware?? 

• Like 1

I get the same high pitch noise. Since this is my first wheel I though it is normal, but yes it is annoying as hell.

This is my video. Noise is present when you are holding the wheel like for example when you are standing at the cashier. Pay attention from 0:13 in the video when I hold it upright.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rok Tomažin said:

I get the same high pitch noise. Since this is my first wheel I though it is normal, but yes it is annoying as hell.

This is my video. Noise is present when you are holding the wheel like for example when you are standing at the cashier. Pay attention from 0:13 in the video when I hold it upright.

Thanks! Which firmware version do you have?

7 hours ago, Chriull said:

High pitch noise is quite normal - or it was, just some of the newest wheels reduced the noise. In the 20 secs of your unboxing vid quite nothing is to hear - so it should be ok, or my loudspeakers do not playback the high frequencies well?

You could also look which firmware your inmotion has - with some updates they changed to way the firmware drives the motor and the high pitched sound is reduced. Before updating you should read the corresponding topics here carefully - with some version there were imo some problems?

What I'm hearing (might be, I don't hear really high noises due to my age ?)so far, it is ok. I thought you might talk about KingSong noises.

But my V10F  is a bit louder than the V5F -  but that is the normal 'electric' sound.