New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

1 hour ago, Demargon said:

They are a anti puncture slime used for bicycle wheels. For me works fine but the tire is making a new noise, kind of unbalance due the slime in the inner tube

just put some in mine now I'll go ride it and report back  I've always used it on mountain bikes it works great and last for 2 years in wheel

• Like 2

17 hours ago, stephen said:

just put some in mine now I'll go ride it and report back  I've always used it on mountain bikes it works great and last for 2 years in wheel

My V8 would always slowly leak air, so I slimed it and it worked great-no issues with over 1000 miles on it.

My V10F slowly leaks air, so I slimed it today. No issues with imbalance, etc. 

Edited by TechShizzle
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Demargon said:

They are a anti puncture slime used for bicycle wheels. For me works fine but the tire is making a new noise, kind of unbalance due the slime in the inner tube

Really? How much Slime did you put in the tire? - should be 3 to 4 ounces. I've never felt any difference in all the wheels I own. When the tire is moving it's spread evenly throughout the tire and I can't see how it could produce a noticeable effect :confused1:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Really? How much Slime did you put in the tire? - should be 3 to 4 ounces. I've never felt any difference in all the wheels I own. When the tire is moving it's spread evenly throughout the tire and I can't see how it could produce a noticeable effect :confused1:

My tire is making a rhythmic sound every turn. Is like a slick part due a slide but I doubt it was the cause. Another symptom is a noticeable shake when lifted and the wheel spin free.

Yes I use a lot of slime, next time I care about putting the recommended amount

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 2:43 AM, that0n3guy said:

I've never heard a beep.  I've definitely hit the button on accident before as well, once when I was sitting on it (or trying too) and I fell over  at 1mph :).   I like the button a lot tho, just have to get used to it being there.

I kinda agree with this.  Messing with the peddle sensitivity or angle doesn't help with braking/accel speed, it just makes it feel different I think.   My ks14c accellerates and breaks harder than my v10f and its a "wheeny" 800w motor.

To me, the sound issue (no warnings played) and the slow breaking speed are both safety issues.

@Bobwheel & @Jason McNeil What do you think about these two issues: sound not working and breaking speed? 

It's supposed to have couples of music packs available on App for V10 next week, and I'll follow it up.  As for the acceleration and brake speed, I'll discuss with our team, and hopefully we can upgrade it soon. 

• Like 3

On 6/6/2018 at 10:40 AM, Mrd777 said:

Yes, also strange tire loading numbers, reversed ties, and for me an un-rideable wheel right out of the box. The scraping is terrible, and from what I understand, I’m not the only one. Super disappointed that I got a brand new wheel today that I can’t ride. Seems like a lot of this could have worked out before they went into production. Hey @Bobwheel, and @Jeffrey Scott Will any confirmation that these issues can be addressed?

So sorry for this problem, and it should be the motor bearing issue, we'd like to replace a new one for you if we got any stock for now.  We're supposed to get spare parts within 10 days, and we can fix it for you once we got them. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 11:05 AM, Mrd777 said:

I’m out, moving on... Seriously disappointed that my new wheel came in this condition, why can’t quality control roll each wheel before shipping it out? The second I took it out of the box and it touched the ground I heard the rubbing. There seems to be other issues and questions that haven’t been addressed by you guys too. I lost my faith in Inmotion. I used to be a big fan and supporter.

The v10F is being sent back to you. 

On another note, I just want to reiterate what fantastic service @Jason McNeil at Ewheels provides for his customers, he is a man of honor and has contributed greatly to the growth of the electric unicycle industry. I think all the major companies have learned greatly from his advice and insight he provides.

Sorry about that sir.

I am currently living in China and traveling a lot these days, and I had problem to get access to this forum.  Since you bought from Jason, so I guess it'll be more efficient to reach out to him at the first time you met a problem.  BTW, I'm more responsive with email, so please try to reach out to me if you have any other urgent issue. 

It's our bad for the defect, and I'll make sure to address this issue to our team, and try to avoid this to other customers. Sorry again for your inconvenience. 

• Like 3

On 6/12/2018 at 3:31 AM, Rehab1 said:

Bob, being my V10F was one of the first batches you sent out I’m concerned the same bearing issues will develop. I bounce between 3 wheels so I may not have the same mileage as other members. What is my warranty?

We can replace the motor for you anytime you have this problem since you're our first batch customer. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 9:45 AM, Jrosenzweig said:

Hi @Bobwheel since you have identified the particular motor with the bearing issue will you have the capability to notify those with the affected first batch V10F that could have a defective bearing? Thanks, Jason

There is only a small potion of the bad vendor motors, and there wasn't any identical features, but you should have found the problem once you start riding if it's a defective motor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobwheel said:

There is only a small potion of the bad vendor motors, and there wasn't any identical features, but you should have found the problem once you start riding if it's a defective motor.

Means that was only in first batch and none should hit the market from now on? Thanks

@Bobwheel, I am very happy with my v10F so far, I only have 1 question

is there any plan to upgrade the design of the trolley handle or even design a complete new one ? the unit is heavy and the current trolley handle is not ideal.

Let us know !

P.

3 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

So the bad bearing were only part of the first batch and not the second batch that was sent out May 25 from Inmotion USA?

11 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

So the bad bearing were only part of the first batch and not the second batch that was sent out May 25 from Inmotion USA?

This was also first batch, I think, but shipped by boat when first wheels were shipped by plane. Second batch is leaving China today, afaik.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, em1barns said:

This was also first batch, I think, but shipped by boat when first wheels were shipped by plane. Second batch is leaving China today, afaik.

Is there a way of identifying by serial number if we have an affected wheel with the bad batch of bearings? 

6 hours ago, Demargon said:

My tire is making a rhythmic sound every turn. Is like a slick part due a slide but I doubt it was the cause. Another symptom is a noticeable shake when lifted and the wheel spin free.

OK, so it sounds like you put too much in the tire. Hmmm. I don't know if you can easily get the excess Slime out. You will probably have to remove the tube from the tire and squeeze the Slime out. I wouldn't continue riding the wheel like this because it's affecting your ride quality and may cause other problems.

I always recommend ~3 to 4 ounces in 14 thru 18 inch wheels. I put 8-ounces in my 22-inch Monster and 3-ounces in the Mten3 tire.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i also put 3oz in my kingsong that's enough i only used to put that in my bike tbf

about half of a 430ml bottle should be ok i feel no difference in riding on my 16 inch?

Screenshot_2018-06-15-16-35-22.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Demargon said:

How about positioning the EUC so the valve is at the lowest point and take the valve stem out (May have to let the slime gather there with some time, you are not trying to take all of it out)...  Make sure you start with low air pressure and repeat until you are satisfied...  Have not tried this myself but should work.  Good luck. :cheers:

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1