New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

1 hour ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

That was propably local support. Inmotion China ist doing nothing at all for us V10 customers. Such dangerous bugs should be fixed within a month. I'm waitung now for more than 8 months. Promising and fixing are different things. To me it looks like there will be no more support from Inmotion China.

Does anybody know, whether they will be doing any fixes to the buggy fw?

Did you contact service@imscv.com? I got very good response from them just today. 

Also, is there really a bug that doesn’t stop the wheel when it’s tilted? I have not heard about it before and my wheel works perfectly, I just tried it. 

There are some other bugs, though. They’ve been quiet for some time now. But I don’t think they have stopped supporting their products yet. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Also, is there really a bug that doesn’t stop the wheel when it’s tilted? 

Bug confirmed. It happened to me 3 times to a brand new V10F with latest fw. Can be quite dangerous. The wheel stops after 2-3 secs, but great damage could occur during that time.

1 hour ago, pico said:

Bug confirmed. It happened to me 3 times to a brand new V10F with latest fw. Can be quite dangerous. The wheel stops after 2-3 secs, but great damage could occur during that time.

The problem with this bug is, that if the tire touches ground, it can get up nearly 1 m in height. Hopefully you can get out of the region of the wheel. The youtube video shows this bug really good. This bug was confirmed in August 2018 to me - they said, we're working on it.........

Hi Dear All Inmotion fans, this is Eric from Inmotion China. Sorry to hear some of your unsatisfied experiences and also thank you for your supports and always trust in us.

We would no doubt to do any kinds of services to every one of our customers, local dealers and end users.

You are welcome to contact us via service@imscv.com if your wheel needs help, but we may be delayed cause everyday we have tons of new comings into the mailbox. So if you purchased your wheel from local dealers you can ask them for help first.

For the bug above, we suggest you to do the calibration again; if the bug still there, pls contact service@imscv.com, we will send you a firmware to update.

Once again, thank you for all your supports and trusts, we will keep doing our best jobs! ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eric Lin said:

For the bug above, we suggest you to do the calibration again; if the bug still there, pls contact service@imscv.com, we will send you a firmware to update.

Once again, thank you for all your supports and trusts, we will keep doing our best jobs! ;)

Hi Eric,

thanks for answering. This Bug was reported in 2018 to Bob Yan and the development department. I was promised, this bug will be fixed around Sep. 2018. What does your calendar say actually? Mine says 2019 - grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The calibration was done roughly about 100 times. I reported also this front tilt in moves. This was also documented as a bug of different used gyro in V10 and V5. The video was reported here in the thread by @Demargon   - but nothing happened. 

It is not a matter of reporting bugs - it is a matter of ignoring the bugs.

Despite all of this annoying bugs, the V10 is a great wheel.

14 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

That was propably local support. Inmotion China ist doing nothing at all for us V10 customers. Such dangerous bugs should be fixed within a month. I'm waitung now for more than 8 months. Promising and fixing are different things. To me it looks like there will be no more support from Inmotion China.

Does anybody know, whether they will be doing any fixes to the buggy fw?

I'm from Italy. No local support. They sent me the parts via DHL from China within 2 working days and I received them about 3 days later.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 2:06 AM, Lincy said:

@LZMutantHi, I am sorry for the inconvenience, we have already fixed it, I will inform you as soon as the new application version is released.

1550867407__20190117180557.thumb.png.31c462e1bf99fbd9627a82a189b966b8.png

Sorry, just noticed your post from 3 months ago and your V10F firmware version 2.2.9. Is this shipping firmware on your V10F or did you upgrade to this? If it is the shipping firmware, when did you receive your wheel??  I'm still at 2.2.8 and when I checked the app today, it states that 2.2.8 is the latest version.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Sorry, just noticed your post from 3 months ago and your V10F firmware version 2.2.9. Is this shipping firmware on your V10F or did you upgrade to this? If it is the shipping firmware, when did you receive your wheel??  I'm still at 2.2.8 and when I checked the app today, it states that 2.2.8 is the latest version.

Thank you eagle eyes for picking up on that - I've been wondering when people talked about new firmware for the V10F and what they meant by it since I wasn't aware of anything newer that 2.2.8. I actually checked yesterday as well just to be sure, but just as for you it claims my firmware is up to date (at 2.2.8).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nils said:

Thank you eagle eyes for picking up on that - I've been wondering when people talked about new firmware for the V10F and what they meant by it since I wasn't aware of anything newer that 2.2.8. I actually checked yesterday as well just to be sure, but just as for you it claims my firmware is up to date (at 2.2.8).

I wish you owned an MCM5. I rarely ride the V10F anymore. The MCM5 is so peppy and FUN to ride, whereas the V10F is sluggish. You'd be a good person to test MCM5 vs Nikola as you are close (I'm 200lbs) to my weight. I'm surprised you said you only have SOME hill issues with the V10F. I'm guessing either your hills aren't as steep, or it's not as hot. I do ride mostly off-road hills. So-So hills takes a while to overload, but somewhat steep will overload it everytime within a minute for me. You need to test how much BETTER the Nikola is than the V10f as you don't have an MCM5 to play with and let me know! I'm looking for the next great hill climber... maybe it's the Nikola, maybe it's the 16x, but i'm not buying one until it's verified. 2k is a lot to spend on something I'll never ride as that would be a deal breaker if it can't climb hills. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I wish you owned an MCM5. I rarely ride the V10F anymore. The MCM5 is so peppy and FUN to ride, whereas the V10F is sluggish. You'd be a good person to test MCM5 vs Nikola as you are close (I'm 200lbs) to my weight. I'm surprised you said you only have SOME hill issues with the V10F. I'm guessing either your hills aren't as steep, or it's not as hot. I do ride mostly off-road hills. So-So hills takes a while to overload, but somewhat steep will overload it everytime within a minute for me. You need to test how much BETTER the Nikola is than the V10f as you don't have an MCM5 to play with and let me know! I'm looking for the next great hill climber... maybe it's the Nikola, maybe it's the 16x, but i'm not buying one until it's verified. 2k is a lot to spend on something I'll never ride as that would be a deal breaker if it can't climb hills.  

I think it's safe to say that my hills aren't that steep, and neither is it that hot. I wouldn't even call them hill issues for me, more like general overload-on-incline issues that really shouldn't happen.. :angry:

Anyway, no use in flogging the dead horse now, it is what it is at this point (even though I'm still interested in what the whole firmware situation is here). Right now I'm in love with the Nikola and I don't see myself doing much riding on the V10F in the future - I'll keep it as backup wheel, as a training wheel for the son(s) and for lending out to any friends in need. As you say I don't have an MCM5, but I'd expect that to be a lot peppier than the Nikola (and the upcoming 16X as well for that matter) since it's a 14-incher. You've inspired to me go looking for some long and steep hills, will see what I can find hereabouts and will of course update if I manage to do some interesting tests.. I'm waiting for @Marty Backe's overheat hill test to see how that turns out, but what would really be interesting would be to see you tag along and try out the Nikola on those hills given your previous grievous experiences with the V10F on them - representing us heavier riders ;)

Edited by Nils
  • Like 2

Hi - 

Not sure if this pertains to the current topic of firmware - but the screenshot shown in my post above was from Lincy's phone showing me that the language on Comfort/Classic was changed.  As to the FW, like you I have 2.2.8 and it says it the latest firmware.

This is a little frustrating, isn't it?

21 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

@maltocs:

Where did you get the fw 2.2.9 from? Or is this a fake :)

6 hours ago, LZMutant said:

Hi - 

Not sure if this pertains to the current topic of firmware - but the screenshot shown in my post above was from Lincy's phone showing me that the language on Comfort/Classic was changed.  As to the FW, like you I have 2.2.8 and it says it the latest firmware.

This is a little frustrating, isn't it?

YES, quite frustrating. I don't think any firmware will fix the overheating issue as I really do believe it's a hardware issue. But it is odd that someone out there has a newer firmware like THREE MONTHS AGO and there is no information on how to get this or what exactly has changed. I'm pretty sure the app has to see your wheel serial number and verify on the inmotion server that it is tagged for an update. I know this because when I tested one of the firmwares, I had to give BOB my serial number. Next thing I knew, my specific unit was eligible for an update. 

Apparently, we are not worthy for 2.2.9. 

On 4/29/2019 at 10:02 PM, Nils said:

. I'm waiting for @Marty Backe's overheat hill test to see how that turns out, but what would really be interesting would be to see you tag along and try out the Nikola on those hills given your previous grievous experiences with the V10F on them - representing us heavier riders ;)

yes, we are all waiting for this info. But I had to say that one of the reasons why I bought the V10F is because of Marty's video of him riding overheat hill. It did great, WITH HIS WEIGHT that is. As a matter of fact, AT THE TIME, it seemed to do better than most wheels. But he is 25 lighter than me and that 25lbs as we know, makes a huge difference in climbing ability. If we can schedule it, i'm definitely going to be around for some testing if and when @Marty Backe gets his test wheels. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, maltocs said:

yes, we are all waiting for this info. But I had to say that one of the reasons why I bought the V10F is because of Marty's video of him riding overheat hill. It did great, WITH HIS WEIGHT that is. As a matter of fact, AT THE TIME, it seemed to do better than most wheels. But he is 25 lighter than me and that 25lbs as we know, makes a huge difference in climbing ability. If we can schedule it, i'm definitely going to be around for some testing if and when @Marty Backe gets his test wheels. 

Yes, the V10F actually did do very well on Overheat Hill. But it did overheat, within ~50 feet of the top.

If you are around we can run the 16X up Overheat Hill twice. Once with me and once with you. That would be useful. I know your schedule. Lets hope it works out. Otherwise I'll have to maybe create a "Scot" bodysuit to simulate you :lol:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, the V10F actually did do very well on Overheat Hill. But it did overheat, within ~50 feet of the top.

If you are around we can run the 16X up Overheat Hill twice. Once with me and once with you. That would be useful. I know your schedule. Lets hope it works out. Otherwise I'll have to maybe create a "Scot" bodysuit to simulate you :lol:

And with the Nikola of course! ;)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'll have to maybe create a "Scot" bodysuit to simulate you :lol:

Take I picture, I want to see how I'd  look in a cape

• Like 2

On 4/24/2019 at 4:41 AM, Eric Lin said:

Hi Dear All Inmotion fans, this is Eric from Inmotion China. Sorry to hear some of your unsatisfied experiences and also thank you for your supports and always trust in us.

We would no doubt to do any kinds of services to every one of our customers, local dealers and end users.

You are welcome to contact us via service@imscv.com if your wheel needs help, but we may be delayed cause everyday we have tons of new comings into the mailbox. So if you purchased your wheel from local dealers you can ask them for help first.

Hi eric,

on 25th of April I sent a e-mail to service@imscv.com.

And still not even an answer - as expected. So your statement isn't worth the place it's written on. Of course, I'm reporting  a known bug, which was already promised to be solved since 09/2018!!

Regards

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER
writing faults
  • Upvote 1

Hello to all, I'm starting to ride. It's very exciting. I had a dilemma which brand to buy. In the end I bought V10F. I'm190cm/95 kg! (but not to fatt 😊) So for most of what you write here, I can expect total problems ...  It is not encouraging. We have a lot of steep hills here, but I haven't had an owerload yet. Weather still is not yet too warm. We'll see ... I like riding the V10F very much! I made my first video, just for memory: https://youtu.be/o81J_V4xiX8

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jankrsiak said:

Hello to all, I'm starting to ride. It's very exciting. I had a dilemma which brand to buy. In the end I bought V10F. I'm190cm/95 kg! (but not to fatt 😊) So for most of what you write here, I can expect total problems ...  It is not encouraging. We have a lot of steep hills here, but I haven't had an owerload yet. Weather still is not yet too warm. We'll see ... I like riding the V10F very much! I made my first video, just for memory: https://youtu.be/o81J_V4xiX8

Hi!

If you had no overloads yet on your hills, that's a good sign. It's more a matter of weight and the hills instead of outside temperatures. In the worst case, all that happens is you have to get off and wait a bit. It's not a big catastrophe.

If you post the full link (youtube.com/...) instead of the shortened/share link (youtu.be/...) it will embed the video:)

15 minutes ago, Julien Jaler said:

Hi every one, i just received a brand new V10. Is it normal that the fan is ALWAYS on? (Our of the box, when off and i plug in the charger, ALWAYS).

Thanxs

Hi - 

This was a question I recently raised with my vendor, Jason at ewheels.

My charger is set to 100% at 1 amp and will not turn itself off when the charge is completed (and the light remains red).  It hangs at .04 and remains there until I shut it off manually.

Jason asked me to test the charger:  Set it at 90% and see if it turns itself off (at 1 amp).  Mine did.  

Once I reported the result Jason told me that my charger is functioning fine and not to worry about it.  He suspects the charger is actually set to turn off at a level slightly higher than 100%, meaning it never quite reaches that point.

I'm no expert when it comes to chargers and batteries - however I have every reason to trust Jason.

Hope that helps.

Hi. sorry but that was not my question. My charger is going well, with the green led on when charge is completed.

I was talking about the cooling system (fans). Is your fan ALWAYS ON? Ican clearly hear the noise, little bit annoying, but accordingly to my sellers, it's a normal behaviour.

2 hours ago, LZMutant said:

I'm no expert when it comes to chargers and batteries - however I have every reason to trust Jason.

+1! @Jason McNeil is a very knowledgable and great person! I dare not thinking about where EUCs would br by now without his efforts!

But unfortionately in this case he maybe mixed something up or did not get/know all the details?

For 100% charging of li ions the charger first has a C(onstant)C(urrent) phase and once the battery pack reaches ~84V the charger "switches" to a C(onstant)V(oltage) mode. This CV mode is ended (charger shuts off) once the current flowing goes below some limit.

At https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries one finds a nice graph and detailed describtion of this procedure.

So your charger for 100% charging should shut off somewhere very roughly around (?4? Cells in parallel times 0.5 times 3500mAh times 3%~200mA) Imho anything around this 100-200+mAh are normal cut off values? With your 40mA it should have cut off.

Partial charging, like to 90% normally works different - here the charger uses just the CC mode until the battery pack reaches a certain voltage. For this 90%(...85%) he charges with CC mode until the pack reaches 84V and then stops. So in this case he never switches to CV mode and does not need to shut off at the low current limit.

12 minutes ago, Julien Jaler said:

Hi. sorry but that was not my question. My charger is going well, with the green led on when charge is completed.

I was talking about the cooling system (fans). Is your fan ALWAYS ON? Ican clearly hear the noise, little bit annoying, but accordingly to my sellers, it's a normal behaviour.

This can be implemented differently. There are chargers with the fan running continously and some have a temperature control...

But sorry - i have no idea how the V10 stock charger should behave...

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1