New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

10 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If it's like other wheels, Bluetooth speaker capability should be outside of the Inmotion app. Just connect from your phone's BT menu like you'd connect to any generic BT speaker.

Ooh, thanks! The only wheel I've ride on didn't have a Bluetooth speaker so I had no idea :innocent1:

Edit: woops, I might have messed it up :s

I turned my wheel on, and went to my Bluetooth connections. But then it asked for a password which I didn't know. I turned on the Inmotion app, maybe it was there? But now I can't even connect with the app anymore :confused1: Is there a default password on the wheels?

Edited by KevinvdV

Urgh, it's getting worse. I read in the user manual that it was indeed 6 zero's, but it still said wrong password.

I though maybe the password was changed when I claimed ownership via the app, so I deleted the wheel from my app. I scanned the barcode again, but it said SCV is not connected.

So now I can't connect and I can't claim ownership to change the BT password again :cry2:

3 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Are you connected to the network (Internet)?

I thought I was, but maybe that fixed it. I got it to work again, and successfully connected my BT speaker (without the need of a password now).

Thanks for the help

12 hours ago, Smoother said:

Taping lights is a common procedure over here (UK) when we take our cars over to mainland Europe.

I haven’t had great success just taping EUC lights. The overall amount of light is diminished quite a bit before the top of the beam even gets cut off. My guess is it works better for cars since the tape is much further away from the light source.

What might work better is to block the beam with a piece of something reflective like aluminium foil. Tape it in place and perhaps it doesn’t dim the light as much. Worked reasonably well on a slightly bigger headlight of the Airwheel A3.

The best solution would be to tilt the LED housing itself. Not a horrible job on the KS16S, no idea about Inmotions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

What might work better is to block the beam with a piece of something reflective like aluminium foil. Tape it in place and perhaps it doesn’t dim the light as much. Worked reasonably well on a slightly bigger headlight of the Airwheel A3.

That sound like something worth trying, better to redirect the light that waste it by absorbing it,

The beam angle is right, it need point at head height because we need see also at head height. No light there may cause chash with something like wraches o traffic signals at head height.

Sometimes I put a hand or feet in the beam for stop blinding the pedestrian ahead

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demargon said:

The beam angle is right, it need point at head height because we need see also at head height. No light there may cause chash with something like wraches o traffic signals at head height.

Sometimes I put a hand or feet in the beam for stop blinding the pedestrian ahead

I realize the need to see about knee height when riding trails or side walks because of the possibility of head high hazards like road signs, tree limbs, pedestrians or cyclists dressed in black, etc.  But when riding on a or beside a road for vehicles this extra light could blind and annoy vehicle drivers.  For extra illumination, I hand carry a good but inexpensive LED flash light I picked up off Amazon.  It throws a focused beam well over 30M and, most importantly, it throws it where I want it, when I want it. A beam fixed to our constantly weaving EUCs, is almost like a light house light; here, gone, here, gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demargon said:

How can you put a hand in front of the beam and still ride comfortably? Or a feet?

On 1/3/2019 at 2:22 PM, KevinvdV said:

How can you put a hand in front of the beam and still ride comfortably? Or a feet?

Keep Calm @SmootherI did not take anyone's hand or foot. I drive with a foot or I feel without problems, to reach at the light is easy thus, and it is sufficient for the few walks that I do in the night

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Demargon said:

Keep Calm @SmootherI did not take anyone's hand or foot. I drive with a foot or I feel without problems, to reach at the light is easy thus, and it is sufficient for the few walks that I do in the night

Wow, that's amazing. So you ride with one foot while passing people? I can't do one leg driving comfortably to look where I'm going, point my other foot at the light and maintaining balance at the same time :p 

57 minutes ago, KevinvdV said:

Wow, that's amazing. So you ride with one foot while passing people? I can't do one leg driving comfortably to look where I'm going, point my other foot at the light and maintaining balance at the same time :p 

It´s easy if the track are wide. Anyway I did it only a couple of times, a permanent fix is much better for a continuous night ride. For me to cover it with my hand (or foot if you feel in the mood) was enough

Edited by Demargon

On 1/1/2019 at 7:33 PM, Liamfind said:

You can upload the app to the latest version. There is no problem with the display.

image.thumb.png.fadf853d1a55c4e4d820d020fe31d674.pngimage.thumb.png.74a8d64cdf88d284bae8d277347cbfa0.png

Hi Liamfind - 

Unfortunately my App still displays the Chinese.  My apps are set to update as updates are released.

Maybe you are using Android?  I have an iPhone X with the latest OS.

So - no, the app is not updated yet.  Bummer.

7 hours ago, LZMutant said:
On 1/2/2019 at 11:33 AM, Liamfind said:

Hi Liamfind - 

Unfortunately my App still displays the Chinese.  My apps are set to update as updates are released.

Maybe you are using Android?  I have an iPhone X with the latest OS.

So - no, the app is not updated yet.  Bummer.

@LZMutant  Hello. Thank you for your feedback. I have reported it to our technical support team. The updated version will be launched at about next week. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Liamfind said:

@LZMutant  Hello. Thank you for your feedback. I have reported it to our technical support team. The updated version will be launched at about next week. 

Cool.  Standing by for that.  Hopefully some of the other issues will be addressed too.

Thanks! :)

1 hour ago, KevinvdV said:

Me again, my Bluetooth connection with the app is pretty bad. I can see other devices with the app, so I'm afraid it's something with the wheel? Any things I can try? Network is stable 

For me, bt works better if I disengage the motor (e.g. by laying the wheel down on its side).

On 1/4/2019 at 11:28 PM, Liamfind said:

Hi - 

It's been over two weeks and the app hasn't been updated...  Firmware issues are still unaddressed.  

Can you explain?

Thanks!

• Like 1