New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

3 hours ago, JerryR said:

I've even taken it from Belltown to Bellevue Square and back on a single charge with juice left over (27 miles).

Did you go over the I-90 bridge? I live in Bellevue and was thinking about going the other way at some point in the future.

1 hour ago, maltocs said:

Well, you forgot to include be over 200 lbs and then maybe a little cheated. I suppose I could move to Seattle but I'd feel cheated by the 159 days of rain you guys get every year. ?

We definitely get cheated out of sunshine here but today was 88 F. and I just did a 14 mile trip up and down some pretty steep hills. Still no overheat/overload. Maybe the V10F is a "weightist" and doesn't like little guys. LOL  I'm 220+ lbs and don't feel cheated at all. ?

• Like 1

@kjon12   No. I went over the 520 Bridge. I've done it twice so far. Both times in beautiful weather with no wind. I imagine the I-90 bridge would be nice as well.

Edited by JerryR

2 hours ago, maltocs said:

Well, you forgot to include be over 200 lbs and then maybe a little cheated. I suppose I could move to Seattle but I'd feel cheated by the 159 days of rain you guys get every year. ?

Not so much the rain as the 45-55 degrees and high humidity. Course you can ride with your hands in your pockets on an EUC.

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, em1barns said:

They are not old components. LG MH1 batteries are already used on v8 and INMOTION is procuring batteries that can be sourced easily not to delay any production.

The top end batteries used by some KS and gotway wheels have slightly higher capacities, but are sometimes in shortage due to high demand.

As for the mosfets, it’s more a question of design and sizing. TO-247 are much more expensive, and beyond price, they may have undersized mosfet/heatsink for the system.

I believe that to be part of the problem! Applying the same design from a 800W motor to a 2000W motor does not seem very logical to me as you might expect much more heat to be generated.

So might be not surprizing IM faces overheat issues! As a consequence, they do have to be very conservative to avoid their TO-220 to melt down, even if they argue this to be for 'safety'... they have no other choice!

About the price, TO-247 are more expensive than TO-220, that is true, but in big quantity, we are speaking about few bucks difference, so I will have been ready to pay $20 more for the wheel to get something not overheating, won't you?   ?

Edited by Fastmike
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fastmike said:

About the price, TO-247 are more expensive than TO-220, that is true, but in big quantity, we are speaking about few bucks difference, so I will have been ready to pay $20 more for the wheel to get something not overheating, don't you?   ?

For sure - the wheel is too expensive in EU anyway - compared to Russian price ? - a few € more wuoldn' t  care!

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

For sure - the wheel is too expensive in EU anyway - compared to Russian price ? - a few € more wuoldn' care!

Guys, You can buy new "right" FETs solder it instead stock and try it. Actually TO-247 better conduct heat from crystal to heatsink, but don't change the heat dissipation itself. So if anyone knows which FETs used in V10, we can try to find better one)
For example in V8 is used IRFB4110PBF FET, and it is not so easy to find better than that. 
Actually in Russia not so warm, and most of our riders doesn't know about "overload problem" 

Edited by palachzzz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 440hz said:

Does someone know if there is a possibility to know from which batch a V10 is coming from?

I think, actually it doesn't make any difference!

But if you are not riding steep hills, don't bother. The riding of the V10 is topp. The overheat issue ist due to riding offroad steep hills. I didn't have it at all. And quite a few other riders are also really satisfied.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

I think, actually it doesn't make any difference!

But if you are not riding steep hills, don't bother. The riding of the V10 is topp. The overheat issue ist due to riding offroad steep hills. I didn't have it at all. And quite a few other riders are also really satisfied.

Yes, agreed. It is just to know... I am interested to know from which batch a wheel has been produced. 

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, Fastmike said:

Overheating on flat terrain with a 76Kg user??? This is getting worse! 35°C in more than common in Summer. What is that wheel built for? Going downhill in autumn, but not if it rains?  ?

Sounds bad ?

10 minutes ago, Nils said:

I realized how happy I am not to have to put up with the KS whining noise.. In short, I'm very happy so far with the wheel.. :)

Full understanding of that - I'm happy, that my dealer tool the KS 16 back. Commentary: All wheels have this noise - which is definitely not true.

53 minutes ago, maltocs said:

TWENTY-EIGHT OVERLOADS V10F

In the California desert on the I-15 freeway, beginning at Baker, CA (entrance to Death Valley) major car manufacturers do heat/stress tests on their wrapped up secret cars on the 50 mile uphill stretch at the hottest spot in North America. EUC Manufactures need to do the same. Well, @Bobwheel, I've done it for you with the InMotion V10F firmware 2.2.8. Today, I attempted to climb the 9 mile/4500 elevation Mt Wilson Toll Road. I didn't make it due to extensive overloads, I gave up and went back down the hill after abour 5.8 miles. HERE IS THE DATA

Inmotion V10F, Firmware 2.2.8, Comfort Mode
Rider Weight 205 lb, Air Temp 90F
Distance Up per Inmotion App - 5.8 miles
Altitude Climbed per Garmin GPS Watch / Relive: 3009 ft

The spreadsheet you can send your engineers can be found here: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pkJHSlUypXWwVALSNeAbRrx_s4nYjyW8_6t8HARBhrg/edit?usp=sharing

The source data (screenshot of the InMotion App) can be found here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sYYzVtEX1z27xwiA7

Relive Graphic based on Garmin GPS Watch can be found here:

https://www.relive.cc/view/g23272876565

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 10.13.21 PM copy.jpg

Wow, very cool Scot. And I must say, you're a glutton for punishment, to subject yourself to 28 overloads.  And every few minutes! Not good, and not impressive for the 2.2.8 firmware. I don't think you were overloading that much when we did the trip.

Somehow I don't think you're going to make this trip again in the V10F.

BTW, I bet the MCM5 could make it this far. Would be interesting for you to experience the same route without having to stop.

I wonder if Inmotion will bother to use your data?

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, maltocs said:

TWENTY-EIGHT OVERLOADS V10F DATA

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pkJHSlUypXWwVALSNeAbRrx_s4nYjyW8_6t8HARBhrg/edit?usp=sharing

Well done, impressing, good work! Thank you for sharing this information!

• Like 2

Just came in my email:

V10 / V10F Safety Advisory

Dear ,

We wanted to let you know that we’ve discovered some waterproofing vulnerability in our current released batches of V10 / V10F.

While we regret the situation, InMotion is working hard on a solution for you, we wanted to let you know right away in an abundance of caution because there is a potential for serious damage. This vulnerability may not affect all customers, but here are the main points we wanted to share with you:

• Do not ride V10 in the rain, or on wet surfaces
  • If you have recently gotten your V10 wet, stop charging and do not charge further

If you notice any of the following abnormalities in your wheel’s behavior after having recently exposed your V10 to wet conditions, please contact us immediately at contact@myinmotion.com or 844-228-5464

• Inability to power off

• Inability to charge

• Strange behavior in the battery indicator light next to the power button

We realize this is a troubling issue, and we are taking it very seriously. Please know that InMotion is working diligently to have a resolution for you within 2 weeks. Rest assured that we will make sure your V10 / V10F gets properly weather sealed, and any customer that that incurs damage to their wheel as a result of this issue will receive complimentary repairs or replacement.

In the meantime, please do be sure to keep your V10 / V10F dry.

Team InMotion USA

contact@myinmotion.com

844-228-5464

I've had the battery indicator not go all the way around a few times, but I'm not sure if that's strange behaviour enough. I've not ridden in wet conditions, only some mildly damp surfaces after rain. I don't think I'm affected. 

Anyway, I like that they are taking these things seriously. Again the right response from the company. Let's see how this develops. :)

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, maltocs said:

TWENTY-EIGHT OVERLOADS V10F

In the California desert on the I-15 freeway, beginning at Baker, CA (entrance to Death Valley) major car manufacturers do heat/stress tests on their wrapped up secret cars on the 50 mile uphill stretch at the hottest spot in North America. EUC Manufactures need to do the same. Well, @Bobwheel, I've done it for you with the InMotion V10F firmware 2.2.8. Today, I attempted to climb the 9 mile/4500 elevation Mt Wilson Toll Road. I didn't make it due to extensive overloads, I gave up and went back down the hill after abour 5.8 miles. HERE IS THE DATA

Thanks Scot! Very valuable data collected! Hope that InMotion will be able to do something on that. 90F / 32°C is not a lot and all those overheat looks terrible...

So we cannot ride when it is warm nor when it is wet looking at above email...   ?   Can we use it inside the house?

Edited by Fastmike
  • Like 2