New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

2 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I think the next logical step is to assume that the architecture is doing its best in its current form.

This Best is still not enough to use the full power of the V10f which is why we get the Overload with lower wattage ratings than the vehicle is capable of. It is also why we dont get the Overload when we are getting higher than wattage ratings of the vehicle like a 2300 watt maximum power output while on flat roads or over rough terrain.

I am not sure that I will feel inclined to “baby” such a powerfully spec’ed device on my rides...

It seems like it will necessitate a newly designed board which I will be happy to install in my vehicle if this becomes the solution.

Too bad they don't sell two versions, regular and ATV All Terrain Vehicle version. It would only make sense to make one version for lighter or flat landers and one for heavier or hill climbers. I'd gladly pay extra for fatter heat sinks or more active cooling. And yes, coming home yesterday after the hill, when the battery was the lowest, I didn't get any additional OVERLOADS. My battery was at its lowest, Max Power and Temp was at it's highest.

Screenshot_20180718-184758.png

19 minutes ago, kjon12 said:

Yay! Just got my V10F from eWheels. A couple of questions:

1st, What's the latest Android version of the InMotion App? I've got 7.0.4 that I've been using with my V5F.

2nd, I read somewhere, probably on this thread, that I should immediately calibrate the horizontal position of the pedals. According to Jason, this wheel has the original firmware.

3rd, How do I verify the version of firmware on the wheel?

I'm supposed to be getting wheel covers from Jason, as well, so I probably won't try riding this thing until they arrive, hopefully today or tomorrow.

I would stay with the original firmware unless you are over 170lbs. After 200 miles it loosens up and seems to learn your moves as much as you learn its moves.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Too bad they don't sell two versions, regular and ATV All Terrain Vehicle version. It would only make sense to make one version for lighter or flat landers and one for heavier or hill climbers. I'd gladly pay extra for fatter heat sinks or more active cooling. And yes, coming home yesterday after the hill, when the battery was the lowest, I didn't get any additional OVERLOADS. My battery was at its lowest, Max Power and Temp was at it's highest.

Screenshot_20180718-184758.png

I thought I was buying a wheel that had all that stuff for my heavy 255 pound ass. Lol

• Upvote 2

This has me heavily leaning toward the KS18L. Or I might just get another electric skateboard - Boosted Mini X.

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

However, I did not try the hill in Classic and I will give it another try tomorrow in the morning so I can let you know before it gets too late over there.

I did go back there, and I took @maltocs to it with his vehicle. Results...

On my V10F in Comfort Ride mode I actually made it up the hill trying to mimmic my riding style in my successful climb. Then I used @maltocs vehicle rides n whatever mode he had it in and went about 10 further than I had gone the day before on my highest climb.

maltocs made it just below halfway up the hill in Classic Mode or Comfort or both before I got back and used his to go up as high as I could up the hill, and he used mine to go about the same as he had before on his. He said by going faster he could go further, but not by much, when compared to the entire hill.

I hate hate loathe Classic Ride Mode. It makes no sense! It is slower, it is less sure of itself going over bumps and sends out a warning sound. The speed control limit changes on the App face, and sometimes in actuality as well. Sometimes the sounds work, sometimes they mute themselves. I got a mysterious speed control limit of 7.6 mph. Its not supposed to perform the sameor worse than a V8, but in Classic Mode it does. Its absolutely awful and bothersome at the same time. Comfort mode is great everywhere else but in the torque curve for heavier or not so heavy riders in extreme conditions it should be able to accomplish with its power.

19 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

He said by going faster he could go further, but not by much, when compared to the entire hill.

It was actually the other way around, going faster caused me to overload much earlier. By going slow I was able to creep slowly up the hill before it overloaded.

Since I've seen this concrete extreme hill, I can attest that is a VERY STEEP hill. A normal passenger car would have trouble making it up this hill. It's like a concrete version of my super steep hill but it goes on for about a quarter mile. But a GREAT hill to test for a lighter rider if the goal is to see what the limit is before OVERLOAD. For me, I don't need a hill this steep to get to overload. 

Let go back to my overloads. Going slow, it overloaded probably only 1/4 of the way up the hill with max power at 1900W or so. Going fast, and i'm talking I took a running start on the flat part topping out and 20mph and tried to climb the hill as fast as I could, I only went probably half of my previous overload showing 2500W max power. 

I had a couple more overloads at other parts of Griffith Park. Some of the trails I've done before with original firmware and have overloaded a bit earlier. This new firmware for a heavier rider I still to be a great step in the right direction. Most even heavier riders will never get an overload with moderate hills, but the big hill climbing heavy riders should probably look elsewhere. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 10.00.05 PM.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

It would concern me if the other two vehicles did not Overheat/ Overload and the V10 did.

I am Not looking forward to “Babying” this brand new powerful beast. Kind of ruins its idea in the first place.

I already showed it Overloading on a long hill, and @Maltocs has had his Overload on hills this V10F should be able to do, but has repeatedly failed where other vehicles have had no problems. Even on the V8 seems to be capable of nearly 2000 watts without overheating or Overloading.

Something is amiss

I could not say it better! The V10F should at least be capable of doing everything the V8 was able to do!!! But it is not the case as yet...

@Bobwheel, can you please let us know if InMotion is confident to be able to solve the overload issue via firmware, or if that is an hardware 'defect'?

Many thanks

• Like 2

On 7/20/2018 at 10:00 AM, Keith said:

I take it you mean at 21’50” - and your statement makes it sound like he face planted!

Surely that is an overheat, not overload? And, actually the wheel handled it beautifully gracefully, verbally warning him and  tilting him back until he had to step off - if only all wheels were that controlled.

it is certainly not great that the wheel overheated with a relatively light rider, but it isn’t exactly surprising when they were repeatedly accelerating as fast as they could and then braking as hard as they could, we also do not know the ambient temperature but it looks like it was quite hot. Repeated hard acceleration and braking is always going to put a lot of heat into the electronics.

I would want to see if the same thing happened when riding up a long hill - that would be of more concern.

What you say is true, except that after the braking test, the V10 was not used for several minutes so had more cooling time that the 2 other EUC...

not saying that in addition to that, both riders are under 180lbs... since the V10 has been proven having overheat issues going uphill for people wating over that.

It might be interesting to redo that test with firmware 2.2.8

Edited by Fastmike
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

What you say is true, except that after the braking test, the V10 was not used for several minutes so had more cooling time that the 2 other EUC...

not saying that in addition to that, both riders are under 180lbs... since the V10 has been proven having overheat issues going uphill for people wating over that.

It might be interesting to redo that test with firmware 2.2.8

You should get the same warnings if you try that in Classic mode using Firmware 2.28. There is something very wrong with the way the V10F uses the power. It is very inefficient if its Overloading like that.

I am disappointed that the vehicle needs to be watched carefully, but I am glad that instead of burning wires or cutting out without warning, it gives a warning which you can reset instantly by turning off then on again.

Glad to see your experimentation showing real world problems that others may never have found until it was too inconvenient.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Me, @Porkeman and @mrelwood were riding today and run into one of the biggest and steepest hills around here. We first tested on our own wheels and then @mrelwood (95 kg / 210 lbs + gear) tried to get my V10F to overheat. It didn't. Latest firmware and comfort mode. 

If this hill cannot get it to overheat then somebody of his weight would likely never run into this problem. This wasn't filmed all the way from the bottom, it's a good size hill. Probably not long enough to overheat it, though. It took about 1 minute to go up. This is in no way scientific test and only one anecdote. We didn't stay and test its limits. Both wheels did well. 

I think this is just to point out that this overheating thing is not a big problem unless you are heavy and riding LONG and steep hills. Most people riding normal roads should not worry. 

I could tell, that's one mean hill - and so smooth too. Unfortunately all the steep trail hills that I get to ride are bumpy as hell.

• Upvote 1

Comfort mode is the better and more reliable of the riding modes. I was able to climb my paved cliff hill with the correct technique.

Try him out on Classic mode if you want to see it Overload on that hill. Classic may run cooler, but it gets annoyed easier.

6 hours ago, UniVehje said:

. This wasn't filmed all the way from the bottom, it's a good size hill. Probably not long enough to overheat it, though. It took about 1 minute to go up

Personally for me It’s right at the two minute mark where I get my overheats on not even super steep hills. But like I keep saying unless you’re a big rider and like to go on long semi steep hills, this wheel is great. 

• Upvote 1

Listening to Marty's livestream tonight, seems like he is skipping the V10F and the KS18L and going to the Segway Z10. Duff is going to the One Wheel but has the KS18L on order but has never owned a King Song before.

But Marty made the Z10 sound like the bee's knees. Though it has a smaller motor and battery than the V10F.

1 hour ago, dw8928 said:

But Marty made the Z10 sound like the bee's knees. Though it has a smaller motor and battery than the V10F.

Where'd you get that? Motors are both rated at 2000W, and batteries are effectively the same at 960Wh and 1000Wh.

8 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Where'd you get that? Motors are both rated at 2000W, and batteries are effectively the same at 960Wh and 1000Wh.

Well you are partly right. The Z10 has 40WH more battery but 200 watts less power than the V10F.

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 11.49.14 PM.png

22 minutes ago, dw8928 said:

200 watts less power than the V10F.

How about that. Perhaps they announced the Z10 a year ago as 2kW, or I just remembered wrong.

Since the battery capacities are often rounded (up) quite drastically and how Wattage is measured on a motor like this, I wouldn't look at the specs too closely. And being 18" vs 16", the amount of torque delivered is different anyway.

Yeah, Marty said the torque was less then he would like, but supposedly the production unit will have some torque added - supposedly. I don't have any EUC so I am just listening til I make my decision. 

V10F stress test in rocky mountain. First part in a soft asphalt next to a path filled of all kind of rocks.

500m of ascend in 5km, 15 minutes. The video last until I get a flat tire, was a nice walk to the road.

The failings are due I'm taking a hard time trying to manage the the rough terrain, the EUC didn't get overheated , only many scratches ?

Edited by Demargon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1