How to Tighten Gotway (ACM) Axle Nuts

Marty Backe

12 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

By the way the board arrived today . It looks great . Thank you @Rehab1. (I probably sound like a broken record with all the thanks. :efee8319ab: )

Your most welcome! Your almost there! :)

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Your most welcome! Your almost there! :)

Almost done . Installed the old pcb just to ensure everything was working well. And it is . Looks like a new machine now ! 

Only thing left is to send Joey the pcb , install the pads on the panels, solder said pcb and close her up! 

9FACA93F-9A19-4965-AEBB-BAFEC7560FB3.jpeg

DE18714A-6034-43BB-B476-A973D26C63DA.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott Henley said:

Almost done . Installed the old pcb just to ensure everything was working well. And it is . Looks like a new machine now ! 

Only thing left is to send Joey the pcb , install the pads on the panels, solder said pcb and close her up! 

Your old board is/was 6 MOS and your new will be 12 MOS?

Prepare for getting some Problems with screwing in the new board :-( Only one of the 4 screws will fit into it's old hole. The others are on other positions, because of a slightly different heatsink pattern.

I just one week ago run into this Problem when doing the exact same ACM rebuild. My solution was just to use some tiny bit longer screws and now screw them into the Shell by them self...

Btw.: I found a solution for my rebuild ACM, the rusty, defect ball bearings of the used Motor will be changed by 1radwerkstatt.de, and that for a very fair Price.

So Looks like my ACM will also be running again in near future :-)

• Like 1

Just now, KingSong69 said:

Your old board is/was 6 MOS and your new will be 12 MOS?

Prepare for getting some Problems with screwing in the new board :-( Only one of the 4 screws will fit into it's old hole. The others are on other positions, because of a slightly different heatsink pattern.

I just one week ago run into this Problem when doing the exact same ACM rebuild. My solution was just to use some tiny bit longer screws and now screw them into the Shell by them self...

Btw.: I found a solution for my rebuild ACM, the rusty, defect ball bearings of the used Motor will be changed by 1radwerkstatt.de, and that for a very fair Price.

So Looks like my ACM will also be running again in near future :-)

No. Old board is 12 . Originally it was 6 but upgraded to 12. That one got a small burn/melt in one mosfets. But no problems installing (?)

Just now, Scott Henley said:

No. Old board is 12 . Originally it was 6 but upgraded to 12. That one got a small burn/melt in one mosfets. But no problems installing (?)

Glad you got yours sorted out. I’d hate to see you spend all that time and money for nothing . 

10 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Aaa, Ok, then it allready had holes for a 12MOS board....then there will be no probs anymore :-)

12 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Glad you got yours sorted out. I’d hate to see you spend all that time and money for nothing . 

Thanks! Yeah, me too! I allready thought about just using the battery packs...but now i am glad that i will have a small wheel for my GF!

She is not yet comfortable in riding EUC's and gets it much better done on smaller wheels, than on the monstrous Shell type wheels!

On 3/7/2018 at 2:15 PM, Rehab1 said:

Guess what I just found! A brand new ACM board in my stock pile. This has the new updated software that came from China shortly after the firmware issues. If you are inclined to change the board you can have this for free. I just want it to go to a member that can use it. 

38866953700_8956edc36e_b.jpg

Hey @Rehab1. One quick question.

my pcb has a component not present on yours . It’s a blue rectangle to the right of the capacitors. Any idea what it’s for ? If you zoom in bottom right of pcb you can see it . DE18714A-6034-43BB-B476-A973D26C63DA.thumb.jpeg.24126aaeb27bf2d8cffc517ce5a264ae.jpeg

Edited by Scott Henley
Blue not brown

17 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Hey @Rehab1. One quick question.

my pcb has a component not present on yours . It’s a blue rectangle to the right of the capacitors. Any idea what it’s for ? If you zoom in bottom right of pcb you can see it . DE18714A-6034-43BB-B476-A973D26C63DA.thumb.jpeg.24126aaeb27bf2d8cffc517ce5a264ae.jpeg

That's the Bluetooth module. When you buy a replacement board you are expected to transfer the module from the old board to the new.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

That's the Bluetooth module. When you buy a replacement board you are expected to transfer the module from the old board to the new.

Well damn GW. No valve covers with new shells , I’ve got to solder on bullet connectors to my motor wires to use the newer PCB’s AND , now I need to remove the Bluetooth module and transfer it over . :blink:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

My pcb has a component not present on yours . It’s a blue rectangle to the right of the capacitors. Any idea what it’s for ? If you zoom in bottom right of pcb you can see it . 

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thank God you answered that Marty. I lost my magnifying glass.;) I had to transfer mine. BT moduals are cheap. Contact @Jason McNeil.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

now I need to remove the Bluetooth module and transfer it over . :blink:

Use a small pair needle nose pliers and Gently wiggle it back and forth while lifting. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thank God you answered that Marty. I lost my magnifying glass.;) I had to transfer mine. BT moduals are cheap. Contact @Jason McNeil.

Lol. Didn’t mean to strain your old :facepalm: oops ..umm...wise , well trained ...eyes. :efee96588e:

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Use a small pair needle nose pliers and Gently wiggle it back and forth while lifting. 

Great . Thanks for the tip !

1 hour ago, Scott Henley said:

Well damn GW. No valve covers with new shells , I’ve got to solder on bullet connectors to my motor wires to use the newer PCB’s AND , now I need to remove the Bluetooth module and transfer it over . :blink:

Gotway is minimalist for sure and not customer friendly. 

Get this. When buy a replacement motor from KingSong it comes with the pedal hangers already mounted. Gotway? Just the motor. They do give you the axle nuts so I guess we can't complain too much :blink1:

• Like 1