Jump to content

How to Tighten Gotway (ACM) Axle Nuts


Marty Backe
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:
19 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Shipping rates unfathomably cheap from the UK to the US. It's half the price to send a Wheel from London to California, crossing 8 timezones, than it is sending to the opposite direction, even with our 75% discounted Fedex rate. Not sure why this is, for routes from China to the West, it's a capacity factor thing, where the cargo planes are filled to capacity, couriers can charge whatever they like, about $10/kg for Dangerous Goods (dimensional weight is always greater than actual). Maybe there's an asymmetric flow of goods from the US to Europe, which might account for this.

It is ridiculously cheap . I couldn’t believe it . Cheaper than I could send a bike from here to LA. Crazy . By the way @Jason McNeil, sorry I didn’t get the shell from you. I took some not so good advice I got in the beginning and figured since it wasn’t listed on  Ewheels page that you didn’t have any . It was only after I ordered from Ian that I found out you did. And although shipping is cheap, their prices are quite a bit higher (im assuming it’s due to the import taxes they pay ?) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The current board @Scott Henley has is 1st generation. GW no long makes it. Hopefully @Jason McNeil can perform his magic on the new board Scott just received.  (Did you receive it yesterday? :confused1:

Oh, wow, @Scott Henley.....if you really have one of the very, very early 6mosfets ACM, you even Might run into problems with a 12 MOS board. I said MIGHT....Some of the very early 6mos Acm have had another motor type.....If i remember correct you need a „HB“on the rim.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Oh, wow, @Scott Henley.....if you really have one of the very, very early 6mosfets ACM, you even Might run into problems with a 12 MOS board. I said MIGHT....Some of the very early 6mos Acm have had another motor type.....If i remember correct you need a „HB“on the rim.

I have the 6fet ACM, yes. But when I purchased it the unit was already upgraded to the  12fet board (this is the one I’m replacing) . So aside from the bit of play (which @EUC GUY and @Nevin@Tec-toyz.com Says is normal for this generation and not a shin issue ) everything runs smoothly. So I’m assuming the newer 12fet board should be okay too (?)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Oh, wow, @Scott Henley.....if you really have one of the very, very early 6mosfets ACM, you even Might run into problems with a 12 MOS board. I said MIGHT....Some of the very early 6mos Acm have had another motor type.....If i remember correct you need a „HB“on the rim.

You know , now that I think about it . I could just buy a new motor . What are they ? 150-200 Dollars ? And then I would have a new shell and panels, PCB and motor . Basically a brand new ACM. @Jason McNeil. So you have ACM motors?  I’d assume I need the 67v not the 84 since my batteries are 67v ...is this correct ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

You know , now that I think about it . I could just buy a new motor . What are they ? 150-200 Dollars ? And then I would have a new shell and panels, PCB and motor . Basically a brand new ACM. @Jason McNeil. So you have ACM motors?  I’d assume I need the 67v not the 84 since my batteries are 67v ...is this correct ? 

Hey...just look at the rim. if there is a „HB“ in the serial number it should be no problem....

Thats a very low chance that the motor will not match!

And btw: 67v/84v are both using the exact same motor now!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

I have the 6fet ACM, yes. But when I purchased it the unit was already upgraded to the  12fet board (this is the one I’m replacing) . So aside from the bit of play (which @EUC GUY and @Nevin@Tec-toyz.com Says is normal for this generation and not a shin issue ) everything runs smoothly. So I’m assuming the newer 12fet board should be okay too (?)

I recently bought a defect ACM also (included as goodie on my used Monster)and build it up from the ground...new 12mos board....found a used motor etc etc etc...

The „play“ in the wheel is quite normal!

This 67v Acm can not compete with the newest Tesla or other 84v versions....after rebuilding it(the used motor i found has a scratching, rusted axle because it was 30seconds in water :-( damn!!! ) i regret the money i thrown into it....as the newer wheels are so much better, and i doubt i can get used to this old (weak, mushy) Acm!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I recently bought a defect ACM also (included as goodie on my used Monster)and build it up from the ground...new 12mos board....found a used motor etc etc etc...

The „play“ in the wheel is quite normal!

This 67v Acm can not compete with the newest Tesla or other 84v versions....after rebuilding it(the used motor i found has a scratching, rusted axle because it was 30seconds in water :-( damn!!! ) i regret the money i thrown into it....as the newer wheels are so much better, and i doubt i can get used to this old (weak, mushy) Acm!

Well jeeze im almost positive mine says HB . I’ll check and update when I get home . :wacko:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Well jeeze im almost positive mine says HB . I’ll check and update when I get home . :wacko:

Please dont get me wrong.  :-)

When it says HB....you are good to go! The „old“, very early type was another one.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Please dont get me wrong.  :-)

When it says HB....you are good to go! The „old“, very early type was another one.....

Yeah. I mis read what you were saying the first time . So even if I were to buy a new motor the play would persist ? Hmm. Maybe I’ll sell this after I make it new again and get the ACM2 . I was holding out in a new wheel until the 18L or Msuper w/ Tesla motor (whichever comes first ) is available here in the states . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Yeah. I mis read what you were saying the first time . So even if I were to buy a new motor the play would persist ? Hmm. Maybe I’ll sell this after I make it new again and get the ACM2 . I was holding out in a new wheel until the 18L or Msuper w/ Tesla motor (whichever comes first ) is available here in the states . 

Yeah, play should stay there...

AcM 67 Volt is a wheel from Mai 2016....there was so MUCH progress in the meantime.....you should not exspect it to be near the nowadays wheels.

Edited by KingSong69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

Yeah, play should stay there...

AcM 67 Volt is a wheel from Mai 2016....there was so MUCH progress in the meantime.....should dont exspectnit to be neanr the nowadays wheels.

I mean, I like the way it rides ...aside from the “mushy” feeling . But damn you’re making me want to build it back up , sell it and just get the ACM2. It’s not a bad wheel but as you said ...the new ones..?.

If I sell I’ll send some money to @Rehab1 for the pcb since I’ll technically be profiting from his kindness . :whistling:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I recently bought a defect ACM also (included as goodie on my used Monster)and build it up from the ground...new 12mos board....found a used motor etc etc etc...

The „play“ in the wheel is quite normal!

This 67v Acm can not compete with the newest Tesla or other 84v versions....after rebuilding it(the used motor i found has a scratching, rusted axle because it was 30seconds in water :-( damn!!! ) i regret the money i thrown into it....as the newer wheels are so much better, and i doubt i can get used to this old (weak, mushy) Acm!

Oh man. That sucks . Sorry to hear that ! 

My other wheels are 14D and Mten3 I enjoy the extra power and speed of ACM. Bet the new ones are insane !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scott Henley said:

Okay guys . Here is what the shims look like (on one side ) @Marty Backe @Jason McNeil @Rehab1. What do you think ? Do I need new ones or are they okay ?

3425133A-8291-4CEA-8AE0-DC74CF4E435A.jpeg

They look to be in excellent condition.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

They look to be in excellent condition.

I agree. Liitle spit shine and Jason could put them back on his shelf as new.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

They look to be in excellent condition.

Cool. Thanks guys . I figured they were okay. The pictures I’ve seen of new shims look almost identical to mine . This is the non wire side . I didn’t have a 21mm wrench to remove the wired side and believe it or not ...Lowe’s , Ace nor my local hardware have one . Don’t want to risk rounding the nut with an adjustable wrench so it’ll just have to stay. Feels very tight though  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Cool. Thanks guys . I figured they were okay. The pictures I’ve seen of new shims look almost identical to mine . This is the non wire side . I didn’t have a 21mm wrench to remove the wired side and believe it or not ...Lowe’s , Ace nor my local hardware have one . Don’t want to risk rounding the nut with an adjustable wrench so it’ll just have to stay. Feels very tight though  

You've gone to the point of near total disassembly. Are you sure you don't want to wait for an Amazon delivery so that you can be 100-percent thorough and do the wire side too?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

I didn’t have a 21mm wrench to remove the wired side and believe it or not ...Lowe’s , Ace nor my local hardware have one . Don’t want to risk rounding the nut with an adjustable wrench so it’ll just have to stay. Feels very tight though  

AMAZON! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Okay. @Marty Backe, @Rehab1. Here I come amazon!

But wait !!! Auto zone the next town over has one for 10.99. The bests $109 at Lowe’s for the only set they had with a 21 and some other huge ones I’d never use and I love amazon but I’m ready to do this now ! 30mi drive is well worth not having to wait until Wednesday for prime delivery !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

But wait !!! Auto zone the next town over has one for 10.99. The bests $109 at Lowe’s for the only set they had with a 21 and some other huge ones I’d never use and I love amazon but I’m ready to do this now ! 30mi drive is well worth not having to wait until Wednesday for prime delivery !

Bingo! For some reason I picture you racing to autozone!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Bingo! For some reason I picture you racing to autozone!

Yep. You pictured correctly. I’m on my way home already . Traffic was pretty light . And I got the last 21mm combo wrench on the rack . ? still have to wait for the PCB to get flashed but at least I can put everything else together today .

By the way the board arrived today . It looks great . Thank you @Rehab1. (I probably sound like a broken record with all the thanks. :efee8319ab: )

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You've gone to the point of near total disassembly. Are you sure you don't want to wait for an Amazon delivery so that you can be 100-percent thorough and do the wire side too?

Got it from auto zone . Shims look just as good on wire side . Cleaned and refitted. Assembly in process now 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...