Robbers take Oakland woman's EUC

RichieV

6 hours ago, RichieV said:

Just saw this posted on Reddit by a user named "bbulkow". Title pretty much says it all. Reminder to always keep aware of what's going on around you.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2018/01/24/robbers-take-oakland-womans-electric-unicycle/

Bastards!  I hope she is Ok both physically and mentally. I wish the article would have offered a description/photo of the EUC so the Oakland public would be better informed and we could also post the information on the forum.

euc robbery

Update: I spoke to an Oakland Detective and this case is not a high priority. Sound familiar?  He stated they are extremely busy with robberies and have not interviewed the lady yet. No details as to the EUC's make or model.The detective said he would have more information in a few days.

Edit: I decided to educate this Oakland gentleman, who commented on the story, that he had never heard of an EUC.  Isn't @Marty Backe suppose to take care of PR on the West Coast? ;)

alex video

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Bastards!  I hope she is Ok both physically and mentally. I wish the article would have offered a description/photo of the EUC so the Oakland public would be better informed and we could also post the information on the forum.

Update: I spoke to an Oakland Detective and this case is not a high priority. Sound familiar?  He stated they are extremely busy with robberies and have not interviewed the lady yet. No details as to the EUC's make or model.The detective said he would have more information in a few days.

Edit: I decided to educate this Oakland gentleman, who commented on the story, that he had never heard of an EUC.  Isn't @Marty Backe suppose to take care of PR on the West Coast? ;)

Wow, talk about being proactive. You actually called the Oakland police?

For the record, northern California is like a different state. I'm only responsible for the southern half ;)

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, talk about being proactive. You actually called the Oakland police?

For the record, northern California is like a different state. I'm only responsible for the southern half ;)

Seems lately I’ve spoken to police and defense attorneys more than I would like. Just curious what the lady was riding so we might be able to post some info.  

So I take it you selected the better half to live?

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Seems lately I’ve spoken to police and defense attorneys more than I would like. Just curious what the lady was riding so we might be able to post some info.  

So I take it you selected the better half to live?

Yes, all the the sensible Californians live in the south :)

One member of our group thinks he's seen her before in the immediate area on a Ninebot. We know a couple of riders who live not far from there as well. 

I'm of course happy to help any way I can. 

I'd be remiss if I didn't speak up against some of the prejudiced opinions being expressed, though I'm not going to engage in a political discussion here. I EUC to provide a respite from divisive discourse and I intend to keep it that way. 

• 1 month later...

Injury to one, injury to all. We aren't going to put up with these robbers. My EUC has a vibration alarm and also, I also have my pepper spray ready. It's the underclass who wants toys, but not willing to work for them.

Wooh... This would definitely add fuel to the fire of already ignited gun control controversy. I just want to find ways to deter rather than kill....or make someone pee involuntarily... Your idea might make them poop and become incontinent...

1 hour ago, scubadragosan said:

Wooh... This would definitely add fuel to the fire of already ignited gun control controversy. I just want to find ways to deter rather than kill....or make someone pee involuntarily... Your idea might make them poop and become incontinent...

Making human garbage pee involuntarily would just make them mad anyway. You'd lose your wheel and your life instead of just your wheel. Might as well protect both with solutions that work in reality, not just in college debate societies.

Archived