Just Ordered My First EUC!!! MCM3 H.S. 340Wh From Tec-Toys!

Esash

2 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

Thanks a lot Scott! Yeah, my fragile ego was bruised that first night. Unlike you I wasn't even able to try for 3 hours. I think I passed out from exhaustion after 45 minutes or something, lol.

Today was my second day and like you, I took it to a parking lot. I just struggled to get my speed up so that I wasn't teetering at super-slow speed. I guess I just need to trust leaning forward more, and be confident that I'll still have the balance to be able to lean back, and not get stuck leaning forward and accelerating out of control. Even my 25 lb wheel is heavy, and could really do some damage to a parked car or pedestrian. 

Right now I'm a bit nostalgic for those days when I was a pedestrian, and life was so simple...

lol. You’re very welcome @Scouts Honor. Glad I could be of help . You’ll get it man. One day it just clicks and after that you’ll begin to forget how hard it was at fist . I’d also try using your toes to accelerate as opposed to your body (if that makes sense ) you don’t actually have to lean all that far forward. Just move your weight to your toes almost like you’re trying to tip toe ..just not as firm. Not sure if that makes sense but it really helped me . 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

lol. You’re very welcome @Scouts Honor. Glad I could be of help . You’ll get it man. One day it just clicks and after that you’ll begin to forget how hard it was at fist . I’d also try using your toes to accelerate as opposed to your body (if that makes sense ) you don’t actually have to lean all that far forward. Just move your weight to your toes almost like you’re trying to tip toe ..just not as firm. Not sure if that makes sense but it really helped me . 

OK thanks that makes sense. You might have saved me injury too. I was starting to think I had to do it like this!

tenor.gif

And yeah I've been an EUC junkie since I first saw some videos a few weeks ago. So I can't wait for that sensation you described of this being the most fun you've ever had on a transportation device

7 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

OK thanks that makes sense. You might have saved me injury too. I was starting to think I had to do it like this!

tenor.gif

And yeah I've been an EUC junkie since I first saw some videos a few weeks ago. So I can't wait for that sensation you described of this being the most fun you've ever had on a transportation device

??. I mean sure , you can lean like that if you want . You’ll certainly hit max speed in a hurry . If you don’t faceplate first . 

Dont worry , it will come to you . Believe me , I felt the deepest despair the first few days ..like it was hopeless. And soon I was committing to and from work daily . I got my KS14D on the 13th of January and now it feels like second nature . I can carve back and forth through cones , hop off curbs , 180 ..kinda sorta ride with one foot (working on that now ) ect.. it won’t be long before you’re out there crushing it ! Just remember that even after a few weeks and your confidence has built , you’re still learning . And accident can happen. Just don’t become complacent . 

just keep going i fought hours with my tesla but i slowly  got better and i could stay on it but i was still unstable at this point you still keep going and then you try your best to straighten up!

remember tell yourself everytime you push off while learning: Straighten up!  

and that really helps but dont overdo it

and here im sitting thinking about my next wonderful ride...

i mean drive to the bike shop to fix my flat tesla :wacko:

but hopefully i fix it and

get all the damn parts together again 

and hit the roads ^_^

On 2/1/2018 at 7:41 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

To brake, just bend your knees (like you are going into a squat). It shifts your center of weight back, and so you slow down. Also a good emergency technique in that you can always do that.

There are other techniques to brake but we’ll discuss those at another time. ;)

29 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

There are other techniques to brake but we’ll discuss those at another time. ;)

Question for anybody reading this: I suspect my tire might be under-inflated, which is common for a new wheel. Would an under-inflated wheel make it more difficult to turn (and perhaps accelerate) while traveling at very slow speeds? It kind of feels like I'm riding in a rut, or on rails, and turning isn't coming very naturally. Maybe it's the air pressure?

1 minute ago, Scouts Honor said:

Question for anybody reading this: I suspect my tire might be under-inflated, which is common for a new wheel. Would an under-inflated wheel make it more difficult to turn (and perhaps accelerate) while traveling at very slow speeds? It kind of feels like I'm riding in a rut, or on rails, and turning isn't coming very naturally. Maybe it's the air pressure?

Might very well be.

Protip: Inflate it:efee8319ab:

2 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

Absolutely. The very first thing that I do when removing a new wheel from the box is to fill the tire (after I put Slime in it). I've had wheels come with good pressure but have also had them almost flat.

The more pressure in the wheel the easier it is to turn (which can be a curse sometimes because the wheel can become too unruly - unstable).

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Might very well be.

Protip: Inflate it:efee8319ab:

Thank you, I needed to be shamed into going outside into the 8 degree weather! Now I bet I'll be able to turn and accelerate without leaning forward 85 degrees!

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Absolutely. The very first thing that I do when removing a new wheel from the box is to fill the tire (after I put Slime in it). I've had wheels come with good pressure but have also had them almost flat.

The more pressure in the wheel the easier it is to turn (which can be a curse sometimes because the wheel can become too unruly - unstable).

OK I got air in the tire! I'm headed to the lab right now (big basement)

Archived