Inmotion V5

high'tems

On 1/8/2016 at 10:51 PM, daveth26 said:

Well I hadn't as yet although the unlock is just like a full release and you had to rely on full body response for forward, backward or turnings. So far I've tracked 20.6km/h to 21km/h readings on smartphone while traversing that hit point. It is already extremely fast at my weight of 60kg. Anything higher will be arduously dangerous on any mistakes as either I had to ensure that I jump out or let go of the wheel should it not tilt back as contingency. However, I am still progressing to test it's limits. The convincing thing is that I had definitely went beyond the 18km/h limits barrier and I am very pleased with the existing performance.

Regards

Dave Tan

Singapore, Asia.

with that speed, dont you think v5+ will suddenly shutdown or is there a possibility of a shutdown?  i am thinking of the riders safety.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29 January 2016 at 3:06 PM, modelinn said:

The speed limit can be increased to 23km/h, I just had my new set upgraded in the speed limit, done by my distributor.

at what speed does tilt-back and/or beeping occur after this upgrade??

17 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

at what speed does tilt-back and/or beeping occur after this upgrade??

Yet to test the tilt back/beep as I rarely hit 22km/h, but 18km/h definitely no tilt back so far.. I have a Ninebot E+, and I am able to do my usual speed as the Ninebot with my V5+.. 

2 hours ago, modelinn said:

Yet to test the tilt back/beep as I rarely hit 22km/h, but 18km/h definitely no tilt back so far.. I have a Ninebot E+, and I am able to do my usual speed as the Ninebot with my V5+.. 

Cool. Who is the distributor who did the upgrade for you?

Hi @modelinn, I'm interested of Inmotion V5+...I just can't take my eyes off it's picture.

I think these EUC's have good build quality also, just the company lacks marketing outside China.

I'm not going to use it offroad or in any other tough conditions and don't ask for highest possibe speed.

But I'm looking for communicative and responsible distributor, can you pls recommend some?

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

@DS, the guys at Project42 will probably ship to you. It's not official yet, but next month Inmotion will be offering a 25kph version of the V5+.

You're right up the quality: IMO Inmotion are at the top of the game on producing consistently high quality Wheels. 

Thank you Jason, I'll check with them.

On 1/31/2016 at 2:46 AM, Paddylaz said:

Cool. Who is the distributor who did the upgrade for you?

It's a local distributor in Singapore. http://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Mobile/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=421939328

I collected it directly from their shop. 

20 hours ago, DS said:

Hi @modelinn, I'm interested of Inmotion V5+...I just can't take my eyes off it's picture.

I think these EUC's have good build quality also, just the company lacks marketing outside China.

I'm not going to use it offroad or in any other tough conditions and don't ask for highest possibe speed.

But I'm looking for communicative and responsible distributor, can you pls recommend some?

I bought it locally here in Singapore, not sure where you are from, and whether they do send to your location.. 

http://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Mobile/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=421939328

21 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

@DS, the guys at Project42 will probably ship to you. It's not official yet, but next month Inmotion will be offering a 25kph version of the V5+.

You're right up the quality: IMO Inmotion are at the top of the game on producing consistently high quality Wheels. 

I had a chat with rep of Project42 yesterday. They are waiting for dispatch of the model V5+ and ship only in UK due to the change in international shipping regulations....whatever that means :unsure:

In aliexpress they don't have shipping caveats but there is only one stated seller of V5+, I messaged him 12 hours ago with some inquires and currently waiting for the answer.

Well...I can wait also for KS16, which I also like, nevertheless I don't need all of its features :)

2 hours ago, DS said:

Thank you @modelinn, I will explore different options.

You are not aware maybe, the location of the forum member is stated under his profile picture...if inputted of course :)

was using the mobile version so couldn't see the location. Now using desktop, yeah its showing location :)

2 hours ago, DS said:

I had a chat with rep of Project42 yesterday. They are waiting for dispatch of the model V5+ and ship only in UK due to the change in international shipping regulations....whatever that means :unsure:

In aliexpress they don't have shipping caveats but there is only one stated seller of V5+, I messaged him 12 hours ago with some inquires and currently waiting for the answer.

Well...I can wait also for KS16, which I also like, nevertheless I don't need all of its features :)

u can try email to:

Info@imscv.com

they do respond fast.. I emailed them last time regarding when will the pull rod be available for V5, and they responded within a day :) 

Thank you @modelinn, I suppose that's an official contact email of Inmotion company.

I registered in qoo10.sg but it appeared that they don't support my country - its not in the dropdown menu..sent them email also.

On 1 February 2016 at 1:24 PM, Jason McNeil said:

25kph? This might be a sudden frontrunner choice for my next wheel. Whenever that is....

On 2/2/2016 at 2:46 PM, modelinn said:

u can try email to:

Info@imscv.com

they do respond fast..

This is the second day they have not responded me :(

And unfortunately, the local store that you bought V5+ seems do not ship internationally or at least in my country. Hard to find out, very sluggish communication in English.

Something strange is going on with the sales of branded EUC's. Even on aliexpress there is currently only one store that supposedly offer mainly Gotway but also IPS and Inmotion and guess what he also has not replied me two days already.

What is going on with the sales, I wonder........ @Jason McNeil

Has the Chinese holiday (whatever it was, Chinese New Year?) started yet? That could slow down things... I've had a couple of Aliexpress orders cancelled automatically, because the seller never shipped the items before the processing time ran out.

EDIT: Yup, expect things to be slow for the next couple of weeks, they could start early:

Feb 7 Sunday Spring Festival Eve National holiday
Feb 8 Monday Chinese New Year National holiday
Feb 9 Tuesday Spring Festival Golden Week holiday National holiday
Feb 10 Wednesday Spring Festival Golden Week holiday Common Local holidays
Feb 11 Thursday Spring Festival Golden Week holiday Common Local holidays
Feb 12 Friday Spring Festival Golden Week holiday National holiday
Feb 12 Friday Spring Festival Golden Week holiday Common Local holidays
Feb 13 Saturday Spring Festival Golden Week holiday Common Local holidays
Feb 13 Saturday Spring Festival Golden Week holiday National holiday
Feb 22 Monday Lantern Festival Observance

Yeah, I also found something about upcoming holidays:

Holiday Notes: Customer Service Hours for Spring Festival in China (from Feb-6 to Feb-14)

From Feb-6 to Feb-14, China will observe its Spring Festival. Shipping companies, factories, sellers as well as DHgate staff members will all be on holiday. Most shipping companies will be on holiday for 9 days. Accordingly, orders placed during this period may be delayed by a few days in shipment.

To minimize any possible delay, some of our Customer Service representatives will be arranged on duty between Feb-6 to Feb-14 to handle phone calls, online chats and messages. Everything will return to normal since Feb-15.

Due to temporary understaffing, you may encounter the following situations:
Delayed payment confirmation/refund
Delayed handling of the disputes mediated by DHgate Resolution Center
Delayed delivery of your order

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause to you.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

7 hours ago, DS said:

This is the second day they have not responded me :(

And unfortunately, the local store that you bought V5+ seems do not ship internationally or at least in my country. Hard to find out, very sluggish communication in English.

Something strange is going on with the sales of branded EUC's. Even on aliexpress there is currently only one store that supposedly offer mainly Gotway but also IPS and Inmotion and guess what he also has not replied me two days already.

What is going on with the sales, I wonder........ @Jason McNeil

The owner and the staff of the local shop I bought from, are from China, so their command of English may not be perfect.. ?

7 hours ago, DS said:

Thank you, @esaj

Ooookey, up to now was our holiday season, now the Chinese one  :huh:

Many Chinese in China will be traveling back to their hometown in Feb, probably earlier to avoid the crowd, so you will be expecting delays or slow down in their response with minimum staff around.. I last read some news that the weather is also wrecking havoc with their traveling plans, with trains and flight cancellation and delays.. So I guess Feb is probably not a good time for you buying anything from China.. Lol.. 

There may be also another problems aside Chinese holidays.

I got in contact with the seller who sent me my generic EUC, asking him for offers. Here is the reply:

"verry sorry, now cant sell scooter, very strictly for clear custom"

9 hours ago, DS said:

There may be also another problems aside Chinese holidays.

I got in contact with the seller who sent me my generic EUC, asking him for offers. Here is the reply:

"verry sorry, now cant sell scooter, very strictly for clear custom"

probably all thanks to the recent spates of hoverboard fires I guess.. 

Just now, modelinn said:

probably all thanks to the recent spates of hoverboard fires I guess.. 

Mmmmm, can be also, but I mostly believe because of the upcoming holidays. Custom is state organization and do not like to work on holidays much :)

I specified with the seller, that he is talking about China custom and he confirmed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived