Inmotion V5

high'tems

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SlowMo said:

It is confirmed that the max speed limit of the V5 is set to only 18km/h and cannot be set to 25km/h as stated by @Linneaunicycles

@SlowMo

Where did you see this?? That's really disappointing if so!

Got a reply from InMotion but no confirmation if it was possible or not.. just asked for my Serial number... Am asking again!

10 hours ago, playdad said:

@SlowMo

Got a reply from InMotion but no confirmation if it was possible or not.. just asked for my Serial number... Am asking again!

but how is the riding condition? the look & feel of it?  is it responsive?

thx.

2 hours ago, joelren2k said:

but how is the riding condition? the look & feel of it?  is it responsive?

thx.

It shows it's responsiveness in this product video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIZ5qPd0T_k

13 hours ago, playdad said:

@SlowMo

The Inmotion V3 also has a max speed of 18km/h and is a best seller. 18km/h is adequate for normal riders.

36 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

The Inmotion V3 also has a max speed of 18km/h and is a best seller. 18km/h is adequate for normal riders.

Well, the 18km/h speed has been confirmed. Too bad I guess. Unfortunately for me... I like to speed every now and then. Sigh~

Just now, Cloud said:

Bring on the review of the Zero, man!

My initial impression did not change until now. I currently had 290km mileage on it and never experienced any shutdown till now. There was a time when I noticed the Zero coming like very soft on the ride which was quickly fixed by just a simple balance adjustment using the app. I was riding the zero last night with low battery (low yellow lights). When I'm at a stand still, the battery level showed 20% and once running it goes up to 30-35%. Maybe it's regenerating? I did not go much further and headed back home. The soft foam padding obtained from my old sit up machine is like a pillow to my legs but doesn't make them sleepy. :P

• 3 weeks later...

I have been riding V5+ for quite a while. It has been unlocked by my friend from 18km/h to 23km/h. Traveling fast tested 22km distance at speeds 18.9 to 20.6km/h at stable movement, angled speed turning 15km/h, climb 16km/h. Response has been increased tremendously. I would not recommend riding at the new speeds from starters unless you have been riding often, able to brake quick at turnings. I requested help to change because the foot pedal tilted back when I've reached near 18.2km/h which is not adequate for me and I've felt much more dangerous in being held back.

I had already achieved 1750km mileage on V3PRO and the batteries have deteriorated since. Although I've bought V3PRO in June 2015, a full charge can only travel 5 to 6km distance. I've dismantled many times changing inner tube tyres & protected the tube against abrasion with the outer tyres (which I've found to be the cause of punctured inner tyres). Even found INMOTION using the 18650 Samsung Quality SDI batteries with good BMS circuit board.

The assurance I gather form INMOTION products is reliability, safety with great ergonomic design and innovative app interaction. That is the confidence that drawn me to confirm on the purchases. I hope I clarify greatly all your doubts on the products. You won't know unless you have it, ride on it and had complete experience.

Btw, the speed unlock is not official and not supported by the host INMOTION. It is not even recommended but it is confirmed capable to reach 23km/h. For safety reasons unless you're able to control, they will not induce the change for everyone.

Regards

Dave Tan

Singapore, Asia.

6 minutes ago, daveth26 said:

I have been riding V5+ for quite a while. It has been unlocked by my friend from 18km/h to 23km/h. Traveling fast tested 22km distance at speeds 18.9 to 20.6km/h at stable movement, angled speed turning 15km/h, climb 16km/h. Response has been increased tremendously. I would not recommend riding at the new speeds from starters unless you have been riding often, able to brake quick at turnings. I requested help to change because the foot pedal tilted back when I've reached near 18.2km/h which is not adequate for me and I've felt much more dangerous in being held back.

I had already achieved 1750km mileage on V3PRO and the batteries have deteriorated since. Although I've bought V3PRO in June 2015, a full charge can only travel 5 to 6km distance. I've dismantled many times changing inner tube tyres & protected the tube against abrasion with the outer tyres (which I've found to be the cause of punctured inner tyres). Even found INMOTION using the 18650 Samsung Quality SDI batteries with good BMS circuit board.

The assurance I gather form INMOTION products is reliability, safety with great ergonomic design and innovative app interaction. That is the confidence that drawn me to confirm on the purchases. I hope I clarify greatly all your doubts on the products. You won't know unless you have it, ride on it and had complete experience.

Btw, the speed unlock is not official and not supported by the host INMOTION. It is not even recommended but it is confirmed capable to reach 23km/h. For safety reasons unless you're able to control, they will not induce the change for everyone.

Regards

Dave Tan

Singapore, Asia.

Did you reach the speed limit? People would be interested if the V5+ will tilt back after reaching 23km/h as a safety feature or just do a free wheel.

Regarding the Samsung batteries of the V3 Pro, at 1750 km mileage, shouldn't the batteries still be in good working condition?

2 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Did you reach the speed limit? People would be interested if the V5+ will tilt back after reaching 23km/h as a safety feature or just do a free wheel.

Well I hadn't as yet although the unlock is just like a full release and you had to rely on full body response for forward, backward or turnings. So far I've tracked 20.6km/h to 21km/h readings on smartphone while traversing that hit point. It is already extremely fast at my weight of 60kg. Anything higher will be arduously dangerous on any mistakes as either I had to ensure that I jump out or let go of the wheel should it not tilt back as contingency. However, I am still progressing to test it's limits. The convincing thing is that I had definitely went beyond the 18km/h limits barrier and I am very pleased with the existing performance.

Regards

Dave Tan

Singapore, Asia.

2 minutes ago, daveth26 said:

Well I hadn't as yet although the unlock is just like a full release and you had to rely on full body response for forward, backward or turnings. So far I've tracked 20.6km/h to 21km/h readings on smartphone while traversing that hit point. It is already extremely fast at my weight of 60kg. Anything higher will be arduously dangerous on any mistakes as either I had to ensure that I jump out or let go of the wheel should it not tilt back as contingency. However, I am still progressing to test it's limits. The convincing thing is that I had definitely went beyond the 18km/h limits barrier and I am very pleased with the existing performance.

Regards

Dave Tan

Singapore, Asia.

Thank you. This is very good news indeed. Do you know at what speeds the warning beeps appear?

The warning vocal beeps sounded "Pls Slow Down" in a sexy female voice when it angled suddenly, abruptly or if you hit 18.2km/h at stock locked speeds. However, the former alarm is still effective even after unlocked beyond 18km/h. Prior to the latter speed limit beyond 23km/h, I will test & let you guys know when I've hit the results point. It is definitely a worthy V5+ competitor among it's peers...

Regards

Dave Tan

Singapore, Asia.

On 1/8/2016 at 11:32 PM, Philfree said:

Thanks for sharing Dave, how did your friend unlock the wheel ? 

Well I did saw him connect via bluetooth to the set & adjusted parameters within 2mins. However, I did not see which application & I didn't ask further as I'm aware of his vendor rights. I will definitely share once I knew.

Regards

Dave Tan

Singapore, Asia.

2 minutes ago, daveth26 said:

Well I did saw him connect via bluetooth to the set & adjusted parameters within 2mins. However, I did not see which application & I didn't ask further as I'm aware of his vendor rights. I will definitely share once I knew.

Regards

Dave Tan

Singapore, Asia.

Hi @daveth26, how far have you traveled on one charge?

Just now, SlowMo said:

Hi @daveth26, how far have you traveled on one charge?

One full charge on a V5+ I could hit 35km or more on my weight 60kg on slight slope prior to speed 18-19km/h from my earlier few trips. Usually with all wheels, as long as speed is maintained moderately and not always speeding with multiple up slopes, the amp draw will not be too much, lasting longer travel distances. The V5+ on theory specifications distance range tach between 35km-40km but I had to conclude it has the torque more than enough for my requirements with competitive price.

Regards

Dave Tan

Singapore, Asia.

1 minute ago, daveth26 said:

One full charge on a V5+ I could hit 35km or more on my weight 60kg on slight slope prior to speed 18-19km/h from my earlier few trips. Usually with all wheels, as long as speed is maintained moderately and not always speeding with multiple up slopes, the amp draw will not be too much, lasting longer travel distances. The V5+ on theory specifications distance range tach between 35km-40km but I had to conclude it has the torque more than enough for my requirements with competitive price.

Regards

Dave Tan

Singapore, Asia.

Isn't that the 72V 4AH battery pack is equivalent to around 240Wh?

Yes buddy, the weight as well is much lighter than V3 PRO when I hand carry both. Will change 18650 cells for more power in both V3 PRO and V5 once they reach my desired 2000km mileage using spot welding machine.

Regards

Dave Tan

Singapore, Asia.

10 minutes ago, daveth26 said:

Yes buddy, the weight as well is much lighter than V3 PRO when I hand carry both. Will change 18650 cells for more power in both V3 PRO and V5 once they reach my desired 2000km mileage using spot welding machine.

Regards

Dave Tan

Singapore, Asia.

Wow! It's nice to have the capability to manufacture a custom battery pack. For 240wh doesn't it equate to around 24 km. mileage or maybe I'm wrong since it uses 72 volts instead of 67 volts?

I did compare the cost of replacing the whole battery 20pcs (72volts) with BMS circuit that amounts to a costly factor reference changing just the 20pcs 18650 with a higher amp. It seems to be much more cost effective tremendously, provided the BMS is still in good perfect condition. It depends as well what quality cells any wheel is using. For instance, V3 using Samsung SDI 18650-22P cells...

Regards

Dave Tan

Singapore, Asia.

Archived