KS14M (800W / 174WH)

houseofjob

I have a couple of KS-14M wheels - to help people learn on. And while I strongly recommend NOT trying to hack them to go faster, the motor power and battery capacity does allow for a good ride (albeit a shorter range). An excellent starter wheel for sure!

But with such a small battery, trying to push the limits beyond the standard settings is asking for pain. Just my opinion...

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 2

On 8/19/2018 at 11:18 AM, Viktiga said:

Can you reply here when you’ve tried? Thanks.

I have done already on mine. But I have the first version of Ks-14M. I just did it because I intent to add a second batery. I bought one 1 month ago but still havent had any time to install it. 

On my, I limit the top speed to 25km/h a é rarely go above 20km/h

On 8/19/2018 at 11:18 AM, Viktiga said:

Can you reply here when you’ve tried? Thanks

Edited by Pedro

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Please help.

Yesterday I've received my new KS 14 M from France. I try to use it for about a 1 hour, since I'm a newbe. Today I can't turn it on. After pressing the ON button the red tail light go on for about a 10 s. and then fade away. I've recharge the battery to full today, but it don't help. The unit is still unusable. May be (I'm not shore) last night my son pressed incidently the LOCK button on my ANDROID application. I don't know what to do now. The phone can't connect to the unit anymore. I've wrote to the French support this morning, but no reply.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2018 at 6:14 PM, sailorbg said:

Hello,

Please help.

Yesterday I've received my new KS 14 M from France. I try to use it for about a 1 hour, since I'm a newbe. Today I can't turn it on. After pressing the ON button the red tail light go on for about a 10 s. and then fade away. I've recharge the battery to full today, but it don't help. The unit is still unusable. May be (I'm not shore) last night my son pressed incidently the LOCK button on my ANDROID application. I don't know what to do now. The phone can't connect to the unit anymore. I've wrote to the French support this morning, but no reply.

Did you solve the problem?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 1/19/2018 at 11:17 AM, houseofjob said:

KS14M

• 800W
  • 174WH, upgradeable to 348WH AFAICS
  • 20 km/h, goes up to 30 km/h with 2 batteries

So this new KS14M model seems to replace the old KS14B (quick swappable batteries).

Looks like unfortunately they couldn't implement a way to once again make this model quick-swappable battery-wise, so this model seems to be targeted as a cheap price point wheel / travel wheel.

Baidu KS14M post

TaoBao Product pages: 1 / 2

Hi is there a english how to video somewhere on how to convert the ks14m to a 14d? 

5 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Sorry, not really sure, as we have no KS-14M's in the US

ah buggers. I somehow managed to buy one on ebay from a Newyork seller. the wheel has been amazing, and the quiality top notch. but its only been a week and i feel like ive outgrown it. Like 5mph faster and double the range woulda been great. I might just take it appart and have a look. see if if i can just simply add the second battery.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brandin J. Mercer said:

ah buggers. I somehow managed to buy one on ebay from a Newyork seller. the wheel has been amazing, and the quiality top notch. but its only been a week and i feel like ive outgrown it. Like 5mph faster and double the range woulda been great. I might just take it appart and have a look. see if if i can just simply add the second battery.

perhaps @EcoDrift can chime in on that KS14M to KS14D conversion, as I believe the M model might somewhat have been targeted at the Russian market (?)

Contact @Jason McNeil at ewheels.com,maybe he can help and sell you the upgrade parts.

But you might very well grow out the upgraded battery as quickly as you've grown out of this wheel. So consider skipping the upgrade and going for a "real" wheel right away. You have a nice learner, but I'm not sure if investing more into it makes sense (also a money question, of course, but battery upgrades are usually very price-inefficient).

Edited by meepmeepmayer

This wheel would have fit nicely with the V5F and S2 as good starter if it had 300wh battery, the current is really small.
For a cheap toy wheel I understand, but KingSong should be above that.
I'd love to recommend this over the two others due to power and trolley, but the range is close to useless..

Edited by Mimolette

• 4 months later...

I’m kinda bummed out all I hear is just negative things on the KS 14m .. especially that the distance and speed is not that good ☹️ .. it has no LEDs no speakers 🔊 It was under the $500 mark I got it cheaper  .. 174 /800 motor .. not so exited now to get it 🙁

11 hours ago, Red wheelie said:

I’m kinda bummed out all I hear is just negative things on the KS 14m .. especially that the distance and speed is not that good ☹️ .. it has no LEDs no speakers 🔊 It was under the $500 mark I got it cheaper  .. 174 /800 motor .. not so exited now to get it 🙁

LEDs strips and speakers are non essential, the only real issue IMO is the battery range, which is, to be realistic, about 7-8 miles.
But yes like WaveCut said.. I start to believe learner wheels have to be second hand, or match the minimum use (range?) the buyer have (so to stay useful) or be skipped altogether: you can protect your powerful wheel the time it takes to learn.

For many the issue is you can't know if you'll like it, so going over 1000 money is scary.. (and expensive)

Edited by Mimolette
  • Like 2

I your option should I have bought the solo  glide 2. ( inmotion  VF5  ) since It has the long trip battery  and the speed is 15 mph?  Where the king song 14M is at  12 mph  .. I just hear that king songs are higher end compared to inmotion  .. between both did  I do good in getting the KS 14 m  it’s new or should I just turn around and get the  solo wheel 2  VF 5  .used  because they are over $800 new . 🤔 

13 hours ago, Red wheelie said:

I your option should I have bought the solo  glide 2. ( inmotion  VF5  ) since It has the long trip battery  and the speed is 15 mph?

I test rode the 14M some time ago and really liked it. You are the only person to know the length of your trips. If you carry the charger and can use it at your destination, you get double for a round trip. As for the speed, there are some obvious advantages to keep it low in the beginning, even and in particular if you would be tempted to go fast.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

As stated previously, in my opinion the 2x larger battery of the v5f outweighs the benefits of the 14m.

800$ is a lot for a v5f though, at that price you could get a second hand 16b or maybe even 16s.

Any idea how to register in the kingsong new .. app can not get the app to register and saw a sticker on it that say u need to dwnld app to unlock  before I can use it .. it just beeps when I turn it on .. anyone  please help me  registration .. and that Darknessbot no better either .. thanks 

I will try it ? Are u joking with me I’m trying to unlock my wheel  .. it come locked from factory why ??  .. any idea where I can buy tire inflating  tool tire is kinda low and the stem is really tucked into the rim groove very close  .. do I need to order it from king song ?? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red wheelie said:

I will try it ? Are u joking with me I’m trying to unlock my wheel  .. it come locked from factory why ??  .. any idea where I can buy tire inflating  tool tire is kinda low and the stem is really tucked into the rim groove very close  .. do I need to order it from king song ?? 

I am new around here myself, but if I understand correctly, the speed lock thing is a KS thing.  I was able to unlock with the KS app, otherwise you need to ride ~120 miles and then it'll unlock (yes a lot of people complain about this).  The tire tool, you can get at any bicycle shop I think, or Amazon, etc.  One of my unicycles came with the 3-4" valve extender, which seems to work on all of them.  You're looking for something like https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QPNRKXC for example, search for "tire valve extension".

Edited by xorbe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Red wheelie said:

It was locked from the factory because a wheel was once turned on during shipping. The box deformed and pushed the power button. It tried to self balance and damaged the control board. This was lucky. It could have caused a fire.