What's the biggest thing you've carried around on an EUC?

We all see Alex Segmuller carrying around women while riding, and @myfunwheel has his epic transport of his projector screen.  I'm curious what is the largest thing you've carried around with your EUC?  @electricpen sparked my interest when he mentioned that he moved house and took many trips bringing things back and forth until he hit that pothole.

I haven't carried much, but I did bring a good sized box (13x12x13") full of items to the post office 2.5 km away on my Ninebot.  I'm sure I must have drew many stares as I couldn't even see my wheel below me while I was riding.  I've also brought back a 4L jug of milk and a bag of groceries.  Usually I like to keep my hands free to help balance if needed and to grab the wheel.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

125 pound person is the heaviest thing I've carried. I've often carried bulky and heavy things on my EUC. It requires less strength than walking because you just hold something instead of it bouncing up and down.

• Like 1

@Stan Onymous in your signature, what is a "broken Kingsong 18ay (soon to become an eyeball carriage wheel motor")? nice image of your cane plant, reaching 9 feet into the air as you carry it.

Nothing humorous or impressive here, just a lot of groceries in a heavy backpack and 2 plastic bags full, in each hand (with my leash in case of a runaway). Crossing a four-lane road, in front of the police station was interesting :blink1:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Smoother said:

@Stan Onymous in your signature, what is a "broken Kingsong 18ay (soon to become an eyeball carriage wheel motor

This guy up the street from me made one of those 4 wheel bike carriages into a pretty remarkable electric carriage with a giant 3' diameter revolving eye on the top of its roof. He only had a 250w motor which he had to push up hills, so I am donating the 800w motor to his refurbishment. Met him while riding my new ks18s. I had always wanted to meet him but never saw him driving the carriage. I cant wait

• Upvote 1

On 1/12/2018 at 8:04 PM, Stan Onymous said:

This guy up the street from me made one of those 4 wheel bike carriages into a pretty remarkable electric carriage with a giant 3' diameter revolving eye on the top of its roof. He only had a 250w motor which he had to push up hills, so I am donating the 800w motor to his refurbishment. Met him while riding my new ks18s. I had always wanted to meet him but never saw him driving the carriage. I cant wait

I'm still having trouble visualizing it.  Maybe someday you could post a picture in the photo thread, when it's been upgraded.  I like weird transport devices.  I used to live in Houston and they had a massive art car community and parade.  

• Like 1

I have been trying to do all my local errands on the EUC so in the past couple of months I've carried:

• various groceries, mostly in a backpack
  • pizza boxes
  • a six-pack of beer bottles in each hand plus two six-packs of beer cans in a backpack
  • big but not heavy boxes being returned to Amazon
  • cans of house paint
  • a 40-pound bag of clothes to Goodwill

The big bag of clothes was pretty tricky, it was too big to fit into a backpack so I wrapped some rope around it and used the ropes as shoulder straps. My KS14C behaves very differently with a 190-pound load on it. 

• Like 3

My first wheel was a Lhotz 191. Sometime later agreed to buy a v8 and went to pick it up on the Lhotz. Wasn't particularly heavy but the box was quite large and awkward. It was a bit windy as I recall, so wheeling through south London carrying another wheel in a box wasn't very easy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, nute said:

My first wheel was a Lhotz 191. Sometime later agreed to buy a v8 and went to pick it up on the Lhotz. Wasn't particularly heavy but the box was quite large and awkward. It was a bit windy as I recall, so wheeling through south London carrying another wheel in a box wasn't very easy. 

Shame you can't ride one wheel on each foot.  That's a skill I'll never learn.

4 hours ago, Mono said:

Yet it's surprisingly easy to push a second wheel by its trolley handle. It even allows to stop without stepping down.

And... When you get to a flight of stairs, your carry-weight is much more balanced too (one wheel in each hand).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Nowdays I rarely carry anything above 50 pounds because of "pedal sag". The lower the pedals, the more flex there is, and so to me the engine power is not so important as the pedal height. The Inmotion V5 notably has virtually no flex while something like a KS14c has a lot. KS16 and MSuper 1600 are somewhat flexy.

I would think the V8 would be one of the best wheel to carry things while the MCM @Marty Backe -- crasher would be one of the worst.

Don't know for sure since I've never seen either of those wheels in person, but going off pedal height alone that is what I would think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1