Compensation for 18S owners?

mezzanine

26 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Make a table with a

maybe it helps.

I'm getting the impression this is weight related. Light people get the usual craaaaazy ranges (like 1% battery per km), and "normal weight" (80+kg) gets much reduced range compared to other wheels.

i am 87kg (now) and have been even up to 105kg in January 2017. So my 16wh/km average IS for a "normal weight" user, i would guess....

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I'm getting the impression this is weight related.

The rider's weight (including backpacks etc) makes a big difference. I'm a small light guy and when we do group rides I rarely have to stop to recharge because I can travel at least 30 miles on either my Firewheel (only a 520Wh battery!) or my KS14C (800Wh battery).

Your riding style can make a difference too. If you hold onto a pole and stay on the wheel waiting at intersections, the wheel still has to keep your entire weight balanced. "Idling" by intentionally moving back and forth uses even more. Higher speeds tend to use more power as well. I also suspect that "softer" riding modes use less power than "harder" ones, I think there may be a thread around here about that.

5 hours ago, Mono said:

To my understanding because all this is irrelevant for the measurements that Marty provided.

There is no way someone that weighs 200 lbs is going to get the mileage on the same charge as someone that only weighs 150 lbs.  The same is true for someone that rides at a slower consistent speed compared to someone that rides at a faster speed.  Also the outside ambient temperature had an affect as well.  

I was asking him those questions because he seems to think he should get ‘something for nothing”.   But yet he can’t answer simple questions.   A true sign of someone trying to get “something for nothing”. (i.e. - a freeloader)

Interestingly, doing a skateboard by pushing off twice start greatly reduced my electrical consumption. It wasn't something I would have noticed if I didn't have WheelLog at eye level, and then got somewhat obsessed with extending mileage.

If you bored then you're probably doing something right with mileage. Screw that.

4 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Interestingly, doing a skateboard by pushing off twice start greatly reduced my electrical consumption. It wasn't something I would have noticed if I didn't have WheelLog at eye level, and then got somewhat obsessed with extending mileage.

If you bored then you're probably doing something right with mileage. Screw that.

That actually makes sense to me.  Especially if a person was doing various stops and goes.  I almost always do the twice push off start. 

On 1/12/2018 at 4:20 PM, LanghamP said:

Interesting. I really noticed that on my 2 wheel scooters I used to ride. The initial power to get moving is significant. I imagine that frequent breaking and restarting also would consume more power, vs a long cruise ("a body that is in motion tends to stay in motion").

And, weight is probably a significant issue combined with starting and stopping. I am (sad to say) about 200 lbs right now, but have been very impressed with my 22mph ~25-30 mile range, sometimes even with a 10lb pack on. It would be nice if there was some metric advertised for riders of different weights, but then there are so many other factors, you can never make everyone happy. I think the advertised numbers are sufficient imformation.

Archived