CES 2018: Ninebot One Z

houseofjob

Tried to glean any sort of new, unreported information from the Segway/Ninebot reps at CES about the One Z, but they obviously knew nothing about EUC's and were reading off scripts.

• The demo Z unit on display was completely functional, but no one was allowed to lift, let alone ride it. (I got some runaround story about it being the only demo there, and that a shipment of 5 demo units never made it to CES *smh)
  • Build quality up close looked pretty legit, but one can never tell until the unit is truly battle tested, as evidenced by the Gotway Tesla.
  • The pedals up close looked plenty big (might have to go back with my ruler to measure).
  • According to the reps, the NB1Z will include the fender mudguard and trolley handle (based on their EUC proficiency, take that FWIW).
  • According to the reps, the charging port is the same standard as their newest miniPLUS, located under that top-front blue cap.
  • US Release was quoted as being in 2 months. This was echoed by multiple reps(edit: see below post for more release date mess)

4H7RK1y.jpg

N1Y9e9D.jpgljBMkHV.jpgcv0EwZF.jpgef5xj5m.jpgP3blcko.jpgRAQjHVq.jpgLq8SH9K.jpgp2OTt1r.jpg

... some afterthought video, although there were too many people congregating as if the Z were an office cooler to talk around *smh

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great reporting! It appears that the One Z model on the stand was tested as there are some scuff marks. Definitely a sweet machine! Nice lines. I really like the blue accents with the silicone molded charging port cover and padded handle. It has an awesome robust stance with the wide tire. A great deal of thought went into this wheel. I've signed up for purchase when it becomes available. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

You must have been frustrated by all of the water cooler palaver going on especially the 2 women referring to something large and extra large. Sure got this guy's attention.:facepalm:

xlg

Edit: I just got off the phone with a Ninebot rep and the release date in the US is March 15th. You can go to their web site and sign up to be notified when the Z is available for purchase.

http://www.ninebotus.com/one-z-series/

zmodel

Great photos!  Those pedals look nice, wider in the front, look a little longer than E+ pedals, wonder if it can be turned around and easily ridden with the back of the wheel facing the direction of travel?  Sometimes the pedal angle feels better riding one direction than the other.  I wish my E+ could change the angle easily like Inmotion and Gotway.

In the video, the rear fender looks great.

Those very visible screws make me think that's a still a pre-production unit. It does look promising. Still going to wait for reviews but I'll be hovering over that buy button when they become available.

Any details on the redundancy in the unit?  If it's only batteries, I'm out.  I've had too many Ninebot failures already and wouldn't trust more of the same with the control boards.

But if they have redundancy in the control board and motor, I'll be in line for a Z10!

1 hour ago, Cranium said:

Any details on the redundancy in the unit?  If it's only batteries, I'm out.  I've had too many Ninebot failures already and wouldn't trust more of the same with the control boards.

But if they have redundancy in the control board and motor, I'll be in line for a Z10!

Latest info from an asian reseller is that there isnt more redundancy than in any other EUC.....means just some parallel batterys.

4 minutes ago, diegoxxx said:

1007,28 euro price z10

3 minutes ago, Confusius15 said:

Seriously ????? :-D

The latest announced  Z10 retail price i remember was about 1300Euro IN CHINA!

Thats works out to a minimum price of about 2000 - if not more- in Europe or elsewhere outside of china. Even the MiniPro with 340wh was 1200-1500Euro the first 9 months of its sale in Europe. I exspect the Z10 with 3times the battery cells at least about 1800-2000Euros...

Everything else is not realistic.....

12 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

The latest announced  Z10 retail price i remember was about 1300Euro IN CHINA!

Thats works out to a minimum price of about 2000 - if not more- in Europe or elsewhere outside of china. Even the MiniPro with 340wh was 1200-1500Euro the first 9 months of its sale in Europe. I exspect the Z10 with 3times the battery cells at least about 1800-2000Euros...

Everything else is not realistic.....

From Russian site  45000 /68=661€

Screenshot_20180111-211300.png

Ok, this discussion is kinda worthless...

the Z10 is anounced for 9999 Yuan/RMB which are about 1500Dollar (just converted, no extra TAX/VAT/Customs/Warranty needed plus)

Z6=4999Yuan/rmb...Z8 =7999Yuan/RMB

Who is thnking that it gets cheaper when coming to Europe or the US....I am not :-)

5 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Ok, this discussion is kinda worthless...

the Z10 is anounced for 9999 Yuan/RMB which are about 1500Dollar (just converted, no extra TAX/VAT/Customs/Warranty needed plus)

Z6=4999Yuan/rmb...Z8 =7999Yuan/RMB

Who is thnking that it gets cheaper when coming to Europe....I am not :-)

Me too :)

9 minutes ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

From Russian site  45000 /68=661€

Screenshot_20180111-211300.png

Yip...that reflects the announced chinese prices (Z6=5000RMB= 660Euro, Z10=10000RMB=1300Euro)...and again...i guess he even said that in the video, they are just "converted"....european TAX for self balancing vehicles is 25% at least, and then 9b also has a "higher price politics" for exporting in other countrys, best example is the MiniPro, which UVP was first 9months unbelievable 1500Euro! (while you could get the chinese version for 400bucks)

38 minutes ago, diegoxxx said:

Kingsong69 I spoke with ninebot poland price the same as I wrote the delivery end of January

Dont get me wrong...i dont want to be "negative" in any way...

But its a fact that the Z10 will cost/is announced by Segway themself in  China for 1500Dollar/1300Euro!

That would be the very first chinese produced wheel that would be cheaper in Europe/USA and btw. with 1000Euro...just the half price of comparable EUCs like Gotway Msuper or KS18S. i dont believe that, before i can see that or have it at home for that price :-)

A 18inch wheel 1000wh 45kmh for 1000bucks? Even if its a ninebot....give me 2 or 3!

That sounds a bit low for a Ninebot/segway?!

And something else: End of January? Never....

They have produced 5 or 6 Z10 now as a " second prototype run" ...just now. (before they only had 2 prototypes) There is no way that they can deliver the final product in less than 20 days to europe. I personal see a "real production" batch earliest in 2 months. That goes with what i heard from asian resellers, also......

Archived