18l presale specs

outcast00096

In that case I'do rather upgrade my KS 16s to a potentially new KS16 (XL??) With a slight bigger (1000+) battery, stronger W motor and 84v power. Oh well, one can dream!

I dunno, but I predict it will come out on day...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, steve454 said:

The shell looks like they went back to similar shape as the previous version.  Maybe they went away from the round shell because it looked too much like the 14 and 16.

As @kasenuttymentioned it looks like the image is distorted...Unless they expect you to roll along on an oval tire. The body is probably still round. 

33 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

The tire looks like an oval in that one pic towards the lower right. 

Looks like all they did was to take a 16" wheel and stretch it to give it the appearance of an 18" wheel.  This is what it looks like squished back down to a round wheel.  They need better graphics people.

image.png.0131cdc7cb60b263a722b936213aca1a.png

Edited by Cranium
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, outcast00096 said:

This is from the official facebook page. Vicky posted it when she was looking for presales. A little upsetting because it seems like Kingsong is in love with 840 battery.

12ECEE85-9A81-4CEF-A0B7-C4C2A0846C88.jpeg

Farther down her thread, she posted more specs that stated a 1036wh battery. 

44F22CDB-FA5B-42C8-BA76-F1C37DC7553D.jpeg

6 hours ago, outcast00096 said:

A little upsetting because it seems like Kingsong is in love with 840 battery.

.I agree. It does not appear they are trying to keep up with GW in terms of battery power.

The black and silver are my choice. I've worn pink shirts before but refuse to ride a pick EUC. The color might attract some prospective female riders.

26685332_224813914727737_5770344328437921712_o.thumb.jpg.f87abb1d193d92d0e97cd9fb83491611

• Upvote 1

I notice, that despite my offer of free help with their spoken warnings, and any other English translations, the same poor English translations are listed at the bottom of the parameters page posted above.   e.g. "Be caution, over voltage". A new chance to get it right, squandered. 

• Like 3

I like that KS is sticking with a 1000wh battery.  I've been hoping for an 18" city wheel and hopefully the smaller battery will keep the weight down. 

What would be cool is if a manufacturer started using titanium/aluminum for the engine and rim; that would cut the weight down much more significantly than simply using a smaller battery.  I suspect we're still a couple years away from that being practical, and even then it would inflate the cost significantly. 

It's sort of confusing to me how many people want huge batteries for their wheels.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Nearly everything in that spec sheet is wrong, even the image on the right is completely distorted. Info I was told earlier in the week is that the motor will be 2000W, 1020Wh, 84v, not sure on the speed yet, but I believe 45kph is a safe bet.

I would guess that speedwise its the same as the 18S....40kmh from start, 50kmh locked.

Perhaps you can work/talk to them that they get rid of this stupid 1000km/620miles lock for the 50kmh. This should be -at least- lowered to a 100km lock.....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just to be clear the Facebook post was made by Vicky Huang. I didn't make up the spec sheet. Here's the image to prove it. I don't doubt everyone and I hope the 18l specs are as everyone else says. I'm not the source of the original spec sheet there. Vicky is as in this picture.5a5c8b4384e41_1KingSong.png.4e72af910b48391b04c5bebebdd2bbb6.png

1  King Song 41.png

Edited by outcast00096
  • Like 1

KS has just announced specs on fb, they talk about 200km before the 50kmh gets unlocked! (40kmh from the start)

Thats at least a progress....about a week driving on a new wheel :-) (for me)

While i even would not use that crazy speed.....35-40kmh is more then enough....

And they announced dual charging ports....for fast loading.

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 1