Electric Unicycle Market Forecast to 2022

Cranium

I’ve seen these overseas reports before. Trust me it’s a money making $3500 scam. Here is my bill. Anyone wish to pay?

24717684267_ac898daeca_b.jpg

Yeah, just did some research on them (which I should have done before I made this thread).  They are not legit and most of their traffic is from India.  Other sites pushing their "research" is satPRnews, Miltech & geopolmonitor which are in Poland and will push any "Press Release" you pay them for.

I stumbled on them trying to find any EUC news from CES.

6 hours ago, Cranium said:

Yeah, just did some research on them (which I should have done before I made this thread).  They are not legit and most of their traffic is from India. 

I commend you for researching the subject. It would be awesome if such a report could be produced someday by a economic statistician that had access to quantifiable data on the subject. 

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You can buy the professional report I did about scam research sites. Only $3500! Never be tricked by fake research again! How would you like to pay?

Just because you have to pay for a market study doesn't automatically mean it is a scam which is what you appear to be implying.  Correlation does not equal causation.  There are companies that do legitimate research and get money for their efforts.  Many science research papers have to be paid for as well.  Bottom line is you have to research the research companies to make sure they are legit.  I failed to research the company before I created this topic (and wish I hadn't) but I also didn't pay anything.  

I didn't intend to make fun of you or anything. Thanks for posting this, if only because it's interesting - some work has to be done to get such a "press release" out, but I guess if only one guy falls for it, at $3500, it was worth it for the scammers. My comment was mainly due to the previous comment about researching these fake researchers - the reply essentially writes itself:efee47c9c8:

I would put almost all academic peer-reviewed publications as scams as well.

The writers of receive grants to do research, but then the writers have to pay to get their research paper published in a paywall-protected site?

To be very clear, Elsevier is not only paid to publish academic journals by the researchers, but also (illegally?) goes after anyone who makes available those (non-copyrighted) journals. This is like some demented Onion article.

Anyway, you can get academic research papers through sci-hub or other sources.

https://citationsy.com/blog/download-research-papers-scientific-articles-free-sci-hub/

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

I would put almost all academic peer-reviewed publications as scams as well.

The writers of receive grants to do research, but then the writers have to pay to get their research paper published in a paywall-protected site?

To be very clear, Elsevier is not only paid to publish academic journals by the researchers, but also (illegally?) goes after anyone who makes available those (non-copyrighted) journals. This is like some demented Onion article.

Interesting take....You are suggesting that an exchange of money somehow invalidates the science in a paper?  And there should never be costs associated with the peer review process or maintaining the sites?

I think I know where you are coming from.  I just wouldn't go as far as you are with assuming most peer reviewed publications are scams.  Did you mean publication companies rather than publications?  

1 hour ago, Cranium said:

Interesting take....You are suggesting that an exchange of money somehow invalidates the science in a paper?  And there should never be costs associated with the peer review process or maintaining the sites?

I think I know where you are coming from.  I just wouldn't go as far as you are with assuming most peer reviewed publications are scams.  Did you mean publication companies rather than publications?  

I have the highest respect for peer reviewed journals, even the tiny ones with little data, or even the difficult to replicate social science experimental papers.

I believe the publications companies, really a few in particular, put such a strong pressure on papers not being disseminated as it might as well as be censorship, but rather censorship of a propaganda type it is more of an economic hostage.

My suggestion; all academic papers are signed off by whatever certification is deemed adequate and then filed electronically with the Library of Congress, freely accessible to all.

I should never have contacted this EUC research company for more details! They are now hounding me with phone calls and emails. Dumb!

6 hours ago, Cranium said:

I failed to research the company before I created this topic (and wish I hadn't) but I also didn't pay anything.  

You did nothing wrong. I’m the guy who fell for it by contacting them. We all learned a lesson.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I should never have contacted this EUC research company for more details! They are now hounding me with phone calls and emails. Dumb!

Thanks for "taking one for the team!" :thumbup:

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

My suggestion; all academic papers are signed off by whatever certification is deemed adequate and then filed electronically with the Library of Congress, freely accessible to all.

OMG....papers can already take a year to get properly reviewed and published.  Now you want to get the government involved?  LOL

If only there were an easy solution.  :)

@Rehab1 sorry I caused you to be hounded with my misguided post.  :P 

14 minutes ago, Cranium said:

OMG....papers can already take a year to get properly reviewed and published.  Now you want to get the government involved?  LOL

If only there were an easy solution.  :)

@Rehab1 sorry I caused you to be hounded with my misguided post.  :P 

Would you trust known censors such as Google and YouTube to hold information for you? I would trust the Library of Congress (which tries to keep three copies of every smut book made) over corporations that censors even white noise.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42580523

Repeat after me; a private corporation can take down your information for any or no reason.

Off topic: open access publication has already become the gold standard in some pretty respectable fields of science, namely theoretical physics or computer science 

https://arxiv.org/

and will continue to take over other fields as well. It doesn't really matter whether or not they are 100% government funded like archives-ouvertes is. Publication is (almost) instantaneous in either case. 

43 minutes ago, Cranium said:

Rehab1 sorry I caused you to be hounded with my misguided post.  :P 

No problem. Suboptimal performance on my part. The calls and emails are now blocked.

10 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Actually, it's just me ringing you and putting on a bad accent... And you fall for it every time! :laughbounce2:

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Actually, it's just me ringing you and putting on a bad accent... And you fall for it every time! :laughbounce2:

So your right ear should be deaf about now after blasting it yesterday with my air horn. :)

Archived