OneWheel XR

outcast00096

For those of you who care. OneWheel just announced the OneWheel XR. The big deal is that it has 12-18 miles range. I figure it's actually 8-10 based on EUC experience. If it has the same 20 minute charge then it might be something. It has 1 mph increase over the previous model. I was excited about it, then I realized I'd rather have a Ninebot Z. Retail price - 1,800. Ships in "March". Probably not though. The shipping fiasco for the current plus model was horrendous for most people. I'd reason maybe June based on last shipment times.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RayRay said:

Hoverboard's GeoBlade 500 -- Supposedly ships in April (direct competitor to the XR).

500_profile-view_600x600_54e5b1e1-6315-4

Similar price and range (with two packs), but a little slower. (Appeals to less 'rugged' or 'extreme' individuals and more showy... )

Yeah, it's been talked about on the OneWheel owners page on FB. General consensus is that it's not OneWheel so it must be trash. Most people have the OneWheel for offroading and tricks. They'd basically spit on this thing and that's all they would find it good for, really.

On a side note, a few people have received their XR's. Two confirmed. They've gotten 17 miles out of it but, geographically speaking, they've been mostly people who live in very flat areas. I'll be interested in seeing more people who have better terrain receive their wheels.

On 19/03/2018 at 3:37 AM, outcast00096 said:

General consensus is that it's not OneWheel so it must be trash. Most people have the OneWheel for offroading and tricks. They'd basically spit on this thing and that's all they would find it good for, really.

I can really understand that.

Perhaps I’m wrong, but the key design feature to me of the Onewheel is that lovely wide tyre, much better for left/right stability and much better off road. A thin rounded tyre like the Geoblade has got seems to completely miss the entire point of the Onewheel to me.

On 3/20/2018 at 11:25 AM, Keith said:

A thin rounded tyre like the Geoblade has got seems to completely miss the entire point of the Onewheel to me.

My impression is that they designed a small monocycle but placed the footrests in the wrong position (fore/aft vs. left/right).  Then again, maybe the consensus on this thread is that all 'One-Wheel' transports should be board style... :P

Board vs. Pedal debate - Go! :popcorn:

Ride with a lot of OneWheel riders here in San Francisco. They all have them wired up with auxiliary batteries in their backpacks. Very capable, more versatile than (most) electric skateboards when it comes to terrain. But they fall well short of EUC in range and overall capability, in my extremely biased but I believe accurate opinion.

Archived