THE FACE PLANT WALL OF INFAMY

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The wings suddenly falling off a plane is my go-to analogy for a EUC losing balance. At least in a plane you get some time to consider while plummeting to your death. But the EUC won't kill you with 99.999% certainty, so that's something;)

3 hours ago, Scatcat said:

I can fly I can flyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaah!

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

So more like a heli crash then, unless you lose the rotor of course, then you're toast. But if you lose motor power, you have at least _some_ chance of making it out alive.

Wow you guys sure know how to probe a raw nerve. :wacko: Since I survived two helicopter crashes and one faceplant I’m hoping  @Smoother will consider printing me up a special certificate. ;)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Wow you guys sure know how to probe a raw nerve. :wacko: Since I survived two helicopter crashes and one faceplant I’m hoping  @Smoother will consider printing me up a special certificate. ;)

Did you fly both or just were you just a passenger at the time? If you flew them then good job. It might sound odd but...

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

Did you fly both or just were you just a passenger at the time? If you flew them then good job. It might sound odd but...

Yes I was the pilot of both. 2 different ships both experimental. Rotorway and Safari. Engine issues. Both hit hard after my autorotations to the ground and then flipped over. 

52 minutes ago, Smoother said:

You're welcome  Right click and save the picture before it disappears.  Sorry I didn't wrap it.

PS  Sorry you had such a shit day.:D

Saved. Thanks again buddy!

Ps: Not sure my wife would enjoy this personalized award but I certainly do. ;)

On 12/17/2018 at 1:26 AM, Rehab1 said:

Saved. Thanks again buddy!

Ps: Not sure my wife would enjoy this personalized award but I certainly do. ;)

She would, if she acted on that $5,000,000 life insurance policy offer for $29.99  i PM'd her the other day.  Money makes everything better. :D

9 hours ago, Smoother said:

She would, if she acted on that $5,000,000 life insurance policy offer for $29.99  i PM'd her the other day.  Money makes everything better. :D

I’m beginning to understand why she eagerly helped me install the pedal spikes. :huh:

47 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I’m beginning to understand why she eagerly helped me install the pedal spikes. :huh:

You are doing a Tibet-fakir-pedal-mod? default.jpg

I can't wait to see how you winter mod your tire😆

44 minutes ago, Unventor said:

You are doing a Tibet-fakir-pedal-mod? default.jpg

I can't wait to see how you winter mod your tire😆

:) These were my pedals of doom. Studded tires? :cry2:

27968205139_549645cd58_b.jpg

39737260352_fdb9f69b24_b.jpg

7 hours ago, radial said:@Rehab1, those pedals are a work of industrial art.  I had heard you talk about them but don't recall ever seeing the execution.  Nice.

Thanks. It was fun building them. I did get bored drilling all of the holes.:yawn: The spikes worked better than I expected as I found out 2 weeks later. :facepalm:

39751855811_ab5bc82724_b.jpg

Archived