THE FACE PLANT WALL OF INFAMY

EDIT 12/2018  There were humorous certificates embedded with these posts but the links have timed out over time.  Sorry. 

I think it's high time we "Planters of the Face" be recognised for our achievements, and contributions to the merriment of our fellow EUCers by sharing, in excruciating detail,  our pain and injury, in the futile hope that they might not follow in our face  foot steps.

towards that end I have created this FACE PLANT WALL OF INFAMY.

If you believe you deserve a certificate for you contributions to face plantism, pop me a private message, simply stating the approximate date, (month, DD, YY) and I'll create a certificate for you, and carefully hang it on the "wall" for all to laugh at  admire, just like mine   :D

EDIT. Classes added. 1st. Class for actual face contact. 2nd. Class for no face contact. 3rd. Class for full face helmet contact.

tell me what class you achieved, and also your approximate speed. 

Award_Certificate.jpg

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I think it's high time we "Planters of the Face" be recognised for our achievements, and contributions to the merriment of our fellow EUCers by sharing, in excruciating detail,  our pain and injury, in the futile hope that they might not follow in our face  foot steps.

towards that end I have created this FACE PLANT WALL OF INFAMY.

If you believe you deserve a certificate for you contributions to face plantism, pop me a private message, simply stating the approximate date, (month, DD, YY) and I'll create a certificate for you, and carefully hang it on the "wall" for all to laugh at  admire, just like mine   :D

Award_Certificate.jpg

Are you allowed to give yourself awards? To fix this hindsight, I hereby nominate you :smartass:

Does this certification require landing on the face or would the simple motion of a face plant suffice?

Perhaps we could have different classes depending on speed and body part contacted/injured. Perhaps an open face would result in a higher order over full face helmets.

58 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Does this certification require landing on the face or would the simple motion of a face plant suffice?

Perhaps we could have different classes depending on speed and body part contacted/injured. Perhaps an open face would result in a higher order over full face helmets.

No, your face doesn't actually have to contact the ground.  As long as you went off the front and ended up face down on the ground, it's an honorary face plant.  But if you like we can add classes.  1st. Class for actual face contact. 2nd. Class for no actual face contact. 3rd. Class for full face helmet contact.  Any more complicated than that and my head will explode. So what are you claiming? 1st., 2nd. Or 3rd. Class?

I've upgraded mine to 1st. Class. :)

10 minutes ago, da5id said:

I think someone has to say "pics or it didn't happen" :popcorn:

This is an honor system.  Almost nobody has a camera ready waiting for their face plant.  Oh, yeah, and it's supposed to be humours.  Didn't think I'd have to spell that out.

@Smoother

Sorry, apparently my "rule 32" of the internet sarcastic joke didn't arrive intact... As someone who has faceplanted many times on (off of) many different methods of conveyance I understand no one would have a reason to claim one that didn't happen. It was meant as a joke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now I just wish I could find my "Plants to avoid" tee shirt which included: "Cactus Plants", "Poison Ivy Plants", and "Face Plants"

10 minutes ago, Smoother said:

This is an honor system.  Almost nobody has a camera ready waiting for their face plant.  Oh, yeah, and it's supposed to be humours.  Didn't think I'd have to spell that out.

Does my MSuper cutout and subsequent rolling fall, all caught on camera, count as a faceplant :D

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Does my MSuper cutout and subsequent rolling fall, all caught on camera, count as a faceplant :D

No such award is given to wearers of white sneakers.

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow. I really didn't think this would be so difficult.  If you think you face planted, then it happened.  If you have a photo or screen shot to add that would be fun too, but not necessary.

20 minutes ago, da5id said:

@Smoother

Sorry, apparently my "rule 32" of the internet sarcastic joke didn't arrive intact... As someone who has faceplanted many times on (off of) many different methods of conveyance I understand no one would have a reason to claim one that didn't happen. It was meant as a joke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now I just wish I could find my "Plants to avoid" tee shirt which included: "Cactus Plants", "Poison Ivy Plants", and "Face Plants"

Sorry. I tried several times to see humour in your message and failed.  I didn't want to turn this into a big discussion. But I know these threads take on a life of their own.  Why don't you submit a date and class and speed and be the 2nd certificate recipient? Send a pm to avoid unnecessary clutter on the thread.

Professor @Smoother, I would like to order 17x 2nd class certificates please... all made out to TFU. :unsure:

I don't recall the dates, except for the most recent one... yesterday. :(

EDIT: Make that 18, please...   :angry:  Last one dated today! 

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

Wow. I really didn't think this would be so difficult.  If you think you face planted, then it happened.  If you have a photo or screen shot to add that would be fun too, but not necessary.

Just having some fun :D

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

No such award is given to wearers of white sneakers.

:angry:

Look. As you probably gathered I'm creating these on the web and then copying the address over here.im not sure how long the originals will be kept where I make them, so if you want to preserve your certificate, or those of others (weird) then copy and paste the image to your own secure storage.  For all I know this page may suddenly get very blank In a week or two.

8 hours ago, Smoother said:

Wow. I really didn't think this would be so difficult.  If you think you face planted, then it happened. 

I hear you! Try getting everyone to agree on the rules of a simple EUC video contest.;)

This is one cert I can really, really, REALLY do without... :roflmao:

But I did an ASS-plant today, when I found out there was ice on the road by trying to brake...

Luckily  it was no brake-or-I-will-crash brake, but just stopping at a crossing. Suddenly I was on my arse and the EUC glided a meter or so in front of me. I didn't even get dirty, and the only thing hurting was my pride :D 

my wife planted lol : Jennifer A Wells

wheel: nb1E+

speed: 13mph

class: 2 High speed pogo-stick of a pothole sent her feet a jackhammering 4" straight up off the pedals  then flat out to the ground like she had her feed tied together. ( no face injury)

Archived